• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Do you want the name to change again?

Do you want the team renamed again?

• Yes - Commanders is lame

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No - ride with Commanders

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
I personally think it's a lot more complicated than that. We don't know if the league would push back on another rebrand. We assume that a new owner would be savvy regarding 'where the fanbase is' but they may not be in tune with that, or they may be the type of person that doesn't care a bit what the fans think.
In some ways, I think one of the big factors in how badly Jason Wright and company botched their 'rebrand' effort was trying to 'do something new while connecting with the past....' BS. You're changing a historic franchise name. Other than the color scheme, there really is NO WAY to connect a new name to the past - and we even managed to eff up the color scheme connection. Changing while pretending nothing is really different is a pretty monumental challenge. Think 'New Coke'. It really can't be done imho, it's just a constant reminder that the past is done and gone.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if they just moved forward with a completely new name and identity with no attempt to 'tie to the past'. Treat it like an expansion team and make a clean break. But I know most fans would disagree with me on that.

I personally think it's a lot more complicated than that. We don't know if the league would push back on another rebrand. We assume that a new owner would be savvy regarding 'where the fanbase is' but they may not be in tune with that, or they may be the type of person that doesn't care a bit what the fans think.
In some ways, I think one of the big factors in how badly Jason Wright and company botched their 'rebrand' effort was trying to 'do something new while connecting with the past....' BS. You're changing a historic franchise name. Other than the color scheme, there really is NO WAY to connect a new name to the past - and we even managed to eff up the color scheme connection. Changing while pretending nothing is really different is a pretty monumental challenge. Think 'New Coke'. It really can't be done imho, it's just a constant reminder that the past is done and gone.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if they just moved forward with a completely new name and identity with no attempt to 'tie to the past'. Treat it like an expansion team and make a clean break. But I know most fans would disagree with me on that.

I actually said that might be the path of least resistance.

You're right, it may not be that 'easy' as I dont know if there are trademark issues, or contracts or whatever, so let me say this. If the only commitment to this brand is a financial one, due to merchandise, and other things... the process of changing the name should be a lot easier than the one we just witnessed.. The fans that are apprehensive about going through it again, don't realize / admit that the process we just went through was for more difficult, and uncomfortable, than it needed to be

After Bezos buys the team he will change the name to the Washington Amazons. All the cheerleaders will be dressed as Wonder Woman and the logo on the helmet will be a spear (as a nod to both Greek myth and the Redskins past) Otherwise, maybe an amazing snake or critter from the Amazon Rainforest

The fans that are apprehensive about going through it again, don't realize / admit that the process we just went through was for more difficult, and uncomfortable, than it needed to be

Agree here. I said it repeatedly at the time, dragging out that process as if fans were going to enjoy 'being in suspense' was one of the most clueless things Jason Wright has done during his tenure (and he's done a number of them).

I think that perhaps a large part of the fan base has come to realize that the majority of us are going to be disappointed by the brand no matter what.

I don't think there is a single idea that has majority support - just one or two with louder, more passionate support.

I'd like to rebrand but honestly, I'm scared of getting something I dislike more. Red Wolves for example. I'd rather stay the Commanders.

You know I've mocked Redwolves every step of the way. But knowing it arose from fan wishes and wasn't mandated by Snyder - I'd embrace it.

The more I've thought about it, there may not be a lot of incentive for a new owner to engage in a full do over. Path of least resistance is stick with the name but maybe Jay-Z hates 'Commanders' lol....

I still love the name Washington Revenuers. Stick a big IRS on the helmet and call the stadium the Audit.

Not really serious but it’d be hilarious.

You know I've mocked Redwolves every step of the way. But knowing it arose from fan wishes and wasn't mandated by Snyder - I'd embrace it.

The more I've thought about it, there may not be a lot of incentive for a new owner to engage in a full do over. Path of least resistance is stick with the name but maybe Jay-Z hates 'Commanders' lol....

The other side of that... is if a NEW owner announces a name, this fanbase would be so excited about the 'NEW OWNER' part, that I think the fanbase would truly embrace pretty much anything.

it will probbaly Bezos so my first choice of bringing back the Redskins name, getting actual Indians across the continent to speak up would never happen.
so I would possibly be ok with Warriors. right now I cant even watch the team, it just bugs me too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.