• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Do you want the name to change again?

Do you want the team renamed again?

• Yes - Commanders is lame

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No - ride with Commanders

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
With the obvious understanding that we may be getting ahead of ourselves…

If there is a new owner or ownership group - as a fan, do you want the team to be renamed again? Or is it ‘Commanders’ forever?

*One condition before replying… Redskins is off the table.Realistically, regardless of what we might wish for, that’s never going to happen.

I do. But I'll admit to only really being open to three possibilities, with the caveat maybe there's one I haven't ever heard that will ring the bell too.

In order of preference:

1) Washington Warriors

2) Washington F.C.

3) Washington Wolves

Warriors is a far away top choice for me. As in, make it effing happen.

Washington Football Club--not Team--with a classy crest, not a "logo" in the traditional NFL sense.

Wolves was not on my list until relatively recently. But I saw some fan art logos that were just badass. Plus it's alliterative. So.

I like all of those. I could also live with Sentinels

Also get rid of the Flea Market Steelers uniforms too....

The building needs to be rid of every trace and stench associated with Satan himself. So, yes, I would favour another name change, even though doing so for a third time in a matter of a few years seems crazy.

After all, if we became a normal NFL franchise again under new ownership, it would be weird solely talking about football related topics all the time. I wouldn't know how to function to a certain extent. I feel we need to be weened off the off-the -field drama and soap opera that has followed this team for 23 years. Another name change diversion would check off that box. 😆

In all seriousness though, as Mark eluded to, it would make sense to go to something that just honours location. Center everything around Washington pride. If we can't be the Redskins anymore, let's just be some version of Washington and keep it simple. In a way, a third name change in a matter of a few years would feel like we are spinning circles trying to find our identity, when the answer has been staring us right in the face all along. We are WASHINGTON.

I do. But I'll admit to only really being open to three possibilities, with the caveat maybe there's one I haven't ever heard that will ring the bell too.

In order of preference:

1) Washington Warriors

2) Washington F.C.

3) Washington Wolves

Warriors is a far away top choice for me. As in, make it effing happen.

Washington Football Club--not Team--with a classy crest, not a "logo" in the traditional NFL sense.

Wolves was not on my list until relatively recently. But I saw some fan art logos that were just badass. Plus it's alliterative. So.
I like the first 2 although I would reverse the order. Washington F.C. has been my top choice for 3 years and nothing has come close.

Wolves, in any form, has never done much for me. Feels like we are desperate for a spirit animal.

I'm also on board with John's suggestion of Sentinals.

Reactions: Om
Yes.

Washington Warthogs. Have 2 A-10s fly over the stadium every game. Mascot is a no brainer

To CHs point, there's no connection to Commanders like there was Redskins. Commanders will always be linked to Snyder

I'm fine with leaving it alone, it'll always be Redskins to us here regardless, but I do like ST's suggestion.

Don’t care as long as the owner is morally better than Snyder. The name can be Commanders, Commandos, whatever.

I want a new owner to be aware of what the fanbase wants and where possible give it to them. I hated Redwolves but if the bull of fans wanted it I’d have been okay with it.

If most fans can live with this name, move forward with it. My sense is most of us hate it. If that is really the case, why on earth not change it to something g they do like?

I would say let's get a new owner in first then let them decide. They may decide to keep the name or pick a new one that could be better or worse than this one. I wasn't a big fan of commanders, but it also wasn't the worst name. While I think this name has a strong connection to Snyder, it's also new enough that they can just keep going with it and have zero connection to Snyder. They can put their own stamp on the name. At some point, whatever the name is will settle on us. And to be honest, I'd be more in favor of fixing the designs of the uniforms. That to me is the thing to fix.

You're absolutely right that a new owner may elect to just move forward. I hope not, but I'm not gonna whine incessantly about it if that's the call. I do feel strongly that they need to clean house. Jason Wright in particular needs to go.

I not only hope for a name change, I also hope that any new owner honors the colors and gets rid of the transformer like XFL uniforms. Burgundy and gold instead of red and yellow with the bs graduated pattern.

This team should be outfitted in uniforms that reflect a storied franchise and not an expansion team.

It's interesting after putting it out on social media around the same time I posted this thread, there is a decent segment of fans who are just 'resigned' to Commanders. Some of them are Jason Wright fanboys and God forbid admit he bungled the whole name change thing - even though any objective observer gets that. Fans who want to keep the name seem just to be tired of the whole conversation and don't want to go through the debate again. I get that to an extent but going beyond my general feeling that 'Commanders' is a lame and much less appealing option than some of the other fan favorites, knowing it was the name Dan Snyder approved - it has got to go.

It very possibly won't go. A new owner (and/or the NFL) may not want to go there. I hope they do, because it's clear that the majority of the fanbase dislikes it pretty intensely. The majority of fans are unhappy with the name, the uniforms, the 'Take Command' nonsense and PR schtick. Doing nothing about an unpopular 'rebrand' that's been shoved down our throats would be a bad sign that what the fanbase wants doesn't matter. But if it doesn't change, we'll have to grit our teeth and live with it. Like we always do.

But I am a little surprised that more than a few fans don't seem to have the stomach for another rebrand.

It's interesting after putting it out on social media around the same time I posted this thread, there is a decent segment of fans who are just 'resigned' to Commanders. Some of them are Jason Wright fanboys and God forbid admit he bungled the whole name change thing - even though any objective observer gets that. Fans who want to keep the name seem just to be tired of the whole conversation and don't want to go through the debate again. I get that to an extent but going beyond my general feeling that 'Commanders' is a lame and much less appealing option than some of the other fan favorites, knowing it was the name Dan Snyder approved - it has got to go.

It very possibly won't go. A new owner (and/or the NFL) may not want to go there. I hope they do, because it's clear that the majority of the fanbase dislikes it pretty intensely. But if it doesn't change, we'll have to grit our teeth and live with it. Like we always do.

But I am a little surprised that more than a few fans don't seem to have the stomach for another rebrand.

The problem is that these fans lived the messed up process once, so they dont want to do it again.

They're failing to understand that the process doesn't have to be like that. If we have a new owner, all the 'research' is done. There doesn't have to be a 'Behind the brand' type video every 3 weeks re-fueling the debate where people are breaking down frame by frame trying to figure out what's coming. There doesn't have to be leaks, or speculation. The new owner can call a press conference on the first day of the new league year and say "we're excited to announce a new brand, one that honors the history, while moving on from the past... we're going to be changing the name of the team to XXXX"

To do that, all you really need is the new logo, and it doesn't need to be the 'permanent' one... the Ravens played under that crest for the first year they were in Baltimore, then changed it to the current logo. It is allowed. The whole thing doesn't take 2 years... the process we went through was a joke before. It can be much cleaner. Chicago just traded for Claypool, i'll bet he's got a game jersey on Sunday, so new jerseys ain't that hard to come by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.