• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Do we resign Cooley ?

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Looks like ol Fred the head is done for the season. Blown out Achilles from what I'm reading.

Do we resign Cooley, or hope for the best with Paul and Paulsen ?

All along, the coaching staff said he was an option if there was an injury, and here we are again with a key piece gone for the year. Cooley has a chip on his shoulder, and think he could come in, and cause some heads to turn.

Paul has been great as a blocker, not great as a pass catcher. Paulsen is adequate at both. If Bruce can find a nice young TE project they REALLY like, fine. If they are not blown away by anyone, then yeah, let's go get Captain Chaos.

I can't imagine we wouldn't at least talk to him. He's not physically who he was - that's why he couldn't crack the roster. But he knows the offense. If he has anything left at all, we'd be stupid not to make the attempt. I can't see us trying to fill that need with guys already on the roster. As a stop gap? Sure. But we're not even halfway through our season. We will need to bring Cooley, or another body in.

We should.

We'll see if Shanny was just running off at the mouth.

Of course, if they offer him league minimum, he should tell them to take a long walk off a short pier.

Why's that? Right now he is working a radio midweek show on the Redskins. $1M is better than intern wages.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Paul has been great as a blocker, not great as a pass catcher. Paulsen is adequate at both. If Bruce can find a nice young TE project they REALLY like, fine. If they are not blown away by anyone, then yeah, let's go get Captain Chaos.

I would think if there was a young prospecr, somebody would have picked them up already.

Come on Goal, you know you want to say it.... Resign Cooley :)

I love Cooley as much as anyone. His is one of the very few jerseys I own. If we can find a promising young player, however, I think we'd be dumb not to do it. I agree that is unlikely, so I would be fine with resigning Cooley.

But the vet minimum is what...a million a year?

Right about now Shanahan is wishing the Pats hadn't stole Hoomiwashinnunuoauilali...

You don't sign Cooley because fans love him. You sign Cooley because there's no one better available and because he knows the offense.

Looks like ol Fred the head is done for the season. Blown out Achilles from what I'm reading.

Do we resign Cooley, or hope for the best with Paul and Paulsen ?

All along, the coaching staff said he was an option if there was an injury, and here we are again with a key piece gone for the year. Cooley has a chip on his shoulder, and think he could come in, and cause some heads to turn.

Well he just got cheaper to resign next year. FML **** my luck.

Cooley may get a call, but I'd like to see the team take a chance on George Bryan, the rookie TE from NC St. Give youth a try for a couple of weeks or least bring him in for a workout.

Cooley may get a call, but I'd like to see the team take a chance on George Bryan, the rookie TE from NC St. Give youth a try for a couple of weeks or least bring him in for a workout.

OK, now that I've had a bit of time to... well... get my fingers in sync with my mind, I generally feel the same way about youth. I still think Cooley is the right choice right now. He can produce instantly. Not in a limited role in a couple of weeks, but next week against the Steelers.

I'm not ready to stick a fork in this season, and proclaim we're done. I'm not saying you are, but this division is still up for grabs even with todays loss. WE need somebody who can block, catch, and won't kill us with penalties on a regular basis.

OK, now that I've had a bit of time to... well... get my fingers in sync with my mind, I generally feel the same way about youth. I still think Cooley is the right choice right now. He can produce instantly. Not in a limited role in a couple of weeks, but next week against the Steelers.

I'm not ready to stick a fork in this season, and proclaim we're done. I'm not saying you are, but this division is still up for grabs even with todays loss. WE need somebody who can block, catch, and won't kill us with penalties on a regular basis.

Yes sir. A target that Griffin can count on immediately.

Agreed. Call Captain Chaos.

Niles Paul is a fine #2 project TE but he isn't an every down starter. Sleepy was the only guy on the roster that fit that roll and we will need a replacement now that he is down. Cooley is really the only choice that can do it for us at this point.

Word on the street is that a Cooley deal could be done before the night's over.

Just do it, makes sense for all parties involved. I hope he's got something left in thhe tank and can stay healthy

Done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...fred-davis-injury/?wprss=rss_football-insider

Veteran tight end Chris Cooley has agreed to rejoin the Washington Redskins, a person familiar with the situation said Sunday night.

Cooley is scheduled to undergo a physical Monday and his re-signing will become official after that, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the team had made no official announcement.

“It’s going to happen,” the person said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.