• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Different year, same ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and...in Sarge's defense...I know exactly what he was thinking as I was thinking the same thing about the defense in the first half. I just wasn't fast on the trigger and waited for the second half to unfold!!

Goal...I call em as I see em. And RG has a lot of exploitable weaknesses. he knows the system and can execute it...that is his great strength. imagine if we had a QB who had the whole package!

Don't get me wrong, Al. Rex is not the long term answer; he will not take this team deep in the playoffs, imo. But he played better than expected today and I thought he looked better than you gave him credit for. He is flawed certainly, and if we do not address that position in the off season, I will be as upset as you.

But for today? Very pleasant surprise. Enjoy it!

Donovan McNabb went 7-16 and 39 yds. today. Yes, 39 yds.

Rex looks like a ten time pro bowler compared to that mess up in Minnesota.

Redskins just got some major love at PFT.

Don't get me wrong, Al. Rex is not the long term answer; he will not take this team deep in the playoffs, imo. But he played better than expected today and I thought he looked better than you gave him credit for. He is flawed certainly, and if we do not address that position in the off season, I will be as upset as you.

But for today? Very pleasant surprise. Enjoy it!

not diminishing your point. you're right...and a victory is a victory. I just see the same faults and know it won't work over the long haul.

ehh.......on to the Cards. Great win Skins!!!!

oh yea...someone get Armstrong into the weight room!!!!!!

Damn man. NBC just showed the TD pass to Gaffney again. Hell of a throw by Rex. Hell of a throw.

Would it surprise anyone if Trent becomes a very good RT for many years? He seems lost at LT and Brown would prefer the left side anyway. In a year or two, Coach can find a good LT for the ZBS in the draft or FA.

My $0.02.

lol at the negative nancies in this thread. you guys are like the 2 old guys in the balcony at the muppet show...

Thew defense didnt fold in this game in the last 19 years this game would have gone down to the wire we would have given up a td to make it 28-21 then the giants would have had us on our feet as the marched again as time was winding down.

My thoughts on the game that fumble was on trent williams he was a turnstyle on that play and the preceeding play.
Kerrigan awesome ball awereness to swat the ball and then catch it and run it in for 9 yards.
very few penelties by the skins

lol at the negative nancies in this thread. you guys are like the 2 old guys in the balcony at the muppet show...

you must freebase sugar......:)...and does this leave you as the pre-schooler in the same show?

Would it surprise anyone if Trent becomes a very good RT for many years? He seems lost at LT and Brown would prefer the left side anyway. In a year or two, Coach can find a good LT for the ZBS in the draft or FA.

My $0.02.

You may be right, BB. I wonder if this is something the coaching staff is even considering. I would like to have seen them try it for a few series in the preseason just for yucks.

Sad to me that, after throwing for 300 yards (and minus some bad drops could've been much more), 2 TDs, no ints, and a QB rating over 100 that our starter talks about how he 'has a lot of haters' on national tv. When asked what he proved today, he basically said 'nothing, it's just one win'.

He didn't have a lot of time to throw today, got roughed up, and he did things you say he can't do Al. He moved in the pocket to buy time, he threw it all over the field, and he scored points in the red zone. He made some bad plays too, like almost all NFL qbs do every Sunday. But not many of them.

He deserves praise. He played a very, very nice game.

He did play a very good play Boone. He could win the Superbowl and Al would still post a list of negatives in how he played the game.

He may never be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but this team can win a lot of games if he can play this well. Especially if the Oline get's it together.

boone.....I'll say this one last time. he won the game and that's what counts. but you can see the flaws...they are there every game. you are free to ignore them and accept what we have. I will enjoy the ride...but ultimately want better. we will have to have better to get to the next level.

anywho...enough of this already. how bout that Hightower? his step to the hole is lightning fast!

boone.....I'll say this one last time. he won the game and that's what counts. but you can see the flaws...they are there every game. you are free to ignore them and accept what we have. I will enjoy the ride...but ultimately want better. we will have to have better to get to the next level.

anywho...enough of this already. how bout that Hightower? his step to the hole is lightning fast!

QB's with a short list of flaws do not grow on trees. Look at the QB's Gibbs won with. Sorry, but just above average QB's are the norm, and SB's can be won with them if the team is built and managed correctly.

He did play a very good play Boone. He could win the Superbowl and Al would still post a list of negatives in how he played the game.

He may never be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but this team can win a lot of games if he can play this well. Especially if the Oline get's it together.

no....you seem to forget the Gints dropped some critical passes early on that could have made things very different.....and he did not connect on any long passes. eventually.....that's gonna end up shrinking the field......

anywho...this has gotten boring.....if you don't want to explore the details that's your privilege!!!!

Sad to me that, after throwing for 300 yards (and minus some bad drops could've been much more), 2 TDs, no ints, and a QB rating over 100 that our starter talks about how he 'has a lot of haters' on national tv. When asked what he proved today, he basically said 'nothing, it's just one win'.

He didn't have a lot of time to throw today, got roughed up, and he did things you say he can't do Al. He moved in the pocket to buy time, he threw it all over the field, and he scored points in the red zone. He made some bad plays too, like almost all NFL qbs do every Sunday. But not many of them.

He deserves praise. He played a very, very nice game.

Rex was probably referring to the multiple emails Al has sent him about how he's no good lol.

Rex did have a few bad plays, but it's important to note how he was getting hit hard regularly throughout the game and kept getting up and standing tough in the pocket. To complain about about high throws and throwing off the back foot after that performance under that kind of pressure is comedic.

boone.....I'll say this one last time. he won the game and that's what counts. but you can see the flaws...they are there every game.
Mark Rypien had flaws that you could see in every game.

We managed to play with him....barely. :)

Rex was probably referring to the multiple emails Al has sent him about how he's no good lol.

Rex did have a few bad plays, but it's important to note how he was getting hit hard regularly throughout the game and kept getting up and standing tough in the pocket. To complain about about high throws and throwing off the back foot after that performance under that kind of pressure is comedic.

jesus...why is this so hard to communicate? it's not about bad plays...it's about limited athletic skills and flaws in his game. that you don't have the integrity to recognize what is in front of you is your limitation...not mine.

but thanks for proving one of my points......his limited mobility exacerbates things when he's under pressure.

no....you seem to forget the Gints dropped some critical passes early on that could have made things very different.....and he did not connect on any long passes. eventually.....that's gonna end up shrinking the field......

Armstrong alone dropped at least two by my count that could have also been game-changers.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.