lol...next time Sarge maybe wait a few drives before posting. Rex is playing great.
Ahh, you're too hard on him. He made a couple of throws today that very few QBs can make. And yes, when we play Philly's secondary, he will have a tougher go of it. But most secondaries aren't that good, frankly. Rex did well with little help from the ground game in the second, and did a nice job leading the team. He hit different receivers, spread the ball around, and really missed only on the long balls, for the most part. I am very happy with Rex tonight and I have been a doubter.rex played well. but everything I pointed to as a liability with this guy was there to see:
- cannot handle pressure...will turn it over
- cannot throw a deep ball
- not very mobile...attacking defenses will eat his lunch
- continues to throw off his back foot....weak passes that are going to get picked off
- height causes problems under pressure
- caught him locking onto receivers a couple times
- nice passes to the end zone
- recovered well after his 2nd half F up
- won the game
- continued to expose his receivers to injury with high throws
- several times I saw receivers had to slow/stop to catch his under thrown balls
he's ok for this offense...but will never ever lead this team through the playoffs. he has TOO MANY exploitable weaknesses. we will be drafting a franchise QB early next draft.
Reed needs to go, horrible performance today. Trent needs to step it up big time. His play was concerning in the preseason once or twice, and the trend is concerning to say the least. Starting to get worried, frankly.but on to more serious concerns: trent williams was having his arse kicked all day...what's with that? and the secondary? reid doughty?