• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DHall Signed to 1 Year Contract

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...s-deangelo-hall-reach-agreement-one-year-deal

The Washington Redskins and cornerback DeAngelo Hall have agreed to a one-year deal, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The deal keeps Hall in a Redskins uniform despite the team making him a cap casualty earlier this offseason.

Hall was cut because the Redskins were over the cap due to an $18 million sanction imposed for the way they structured contracts during the 2010 uncapped season. Without the penalty, Hall would almost certainly have remained in Washington.

"I talked to a player that has played extremely hard for us the last couple of years and I had to tell him he was released today," coach Mike Shanahan said at the time. "And that guy has really played extremely hard for us, and that's DeAngelo Hall.

"He's given everything I've asked him to give. He's gotten better each year. He's done the little things the right way and when you have to tell somebody that they're not going to be on your football team, it's a little hard, especially when your plan was to take care of the guys that took care of you."

Hall, 29, had two years remaining on the six-year, $54 million deal he signed at the end of the 2008 season. He was due to make $7.5 million in salary in 2013 prior to being cut.

Hall had four interceptions last season for a Washington defense that ranked 30th in the league against the pass.

I'll take him. He stopped Dez Bryant when no one else in the league could.

That was huge.

Meh, we could do a lot worse at CB. 1yr deal gets us some time to retool the secondary with a draft pick or two. Maybe if Minnifield turns it on in preseason we could stick Hall in at FS and call it a day?

I know there are plenty who won't like this.

Don't count me among them.

No question that his antics sometimes makes you want to scream. No question that his previous cap number gave no choice in his release. But all things considered, this is a good move.

I knew this was going to happen. so it looks like we do not sign a FA CB, Biggers becomes the nickel and we draft CB high. we better develop some very good safeties!

I'm ok with it too. In the past, we have always been upset at the team for not re-signing a lot of our FAs and bringing in new guys that made little to no impact. We've re-signed most of our FAs with one exception - Lorenzo.

If we still sign Winfield, draft a stud CB, AND have Minnifield healthy and back to form, then we are looking good in the secondary.

It's nice to have a smart, competent front office in place.

As I said before. Hall is probably the one CB we had that could start for another team. He was just insanely overpaid and had a big mouth. I'm not thrilled he's back but he's better than bringing in nobody, and at a modest one-year contract I can live with it.

Five years ago we'd have restructured his contract with a huge signing bonus and backloaded base pay to keep him under the cap. We probably would have done something similar with Davis too. This current front office is proving to be far shrewder, which makes me optimistic about the long term future of this team.

It's pretty clear that this off-season is all about 'have to' and not about 'want to'. We'd have shed Hall and Davis both, permanently, if we had the cap to find their replacements. But between the cap penalty and the picks we had to give up for Griffin, we just don't have a lot of choice this year.

I approve of the 'let them test the waters, then resign for cheaper' approach.

It's much better than the 'restructure their contract out until their 60' approach.

I'll take him. He stopped Dez Bryant when no one else in the league could.

That was huge.

:bsflag:

I'll reiterate what I've said before about Hall and Bryant... 12 for 19 for 216yards and 2 TDs wit a long of 85 yards.

Please stop perpetuating this Bull****. Its 1 game where Dez was hurt and hampered by 2-3 different injuries.

The first game last year his stat line was:

8 for 11 145yds 18.1avg 85long 2 TDs

the second game
4 for 8 71yds 17.8avg 23long 0TDs

That is not shutting down completely.

**** Hall, **** Davis. Anyone who thinks having either of these wasted roster spots on our team as automatic starters is a wonderful idea needs their head examined. Neither will pan out, neither is worth the money or the position.

this is a good move guys , at least he knows the " system" and davis other than him getting hurt , would've had a better season then any other TE ..the year before if he wasn't smoking would be a pro bowler ! I know you guys will say fu(k that but its a good move !

Davis and Hall are on one year deals as a bridge to 2014.

It seems clear to me the Skins need upgrades at CB and S to really challenge the top passing teams, but those players will likely have to be drafted and developed starting later this month.

Brent Grimes coming off injury was not worth $5M.

Terrence Newman at 35 was just overpaid as well.

Not that many bargains out there.

I just wish we had found a better corner than Wilson back in 2010.

A strong corner to pair with Hall would have left us less exposed.

Better safety play needs to happen before anything short of a Hall of Famer will look good in our secondary.

Better safety play needs to happen before anything short of a Hall of Famer will look good in our secondary.

Yep. Our big problem in the secondary last year was at safety. Our safeties KILLED us last year. If we don't get that figured out the rest won't matter.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxCRp4[/media]

At least it gives me a nice new prop bet.

Over/Under 4 games before we get the first, "I told you we shouldn't have brought DHall back"?

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.