• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Desean Jackson in Burgundy and Gold?

Should the Redskins Sign WR Desean Jackson?

• Yes - the Redskins badly need a starter opposite Garcon!

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes - but only if the contract strongly favors the Redskins.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No - he's not the kind of player this team needs.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I would prefer not, but will take a wait-and-see attitude and hope Gruden can 'coach him up'.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why couldn't Moss play on Teams ?

He could return punts. He has done that in the past but it has been years since he did more than spot duty as a punt returner. If Jackson isn't interested in doing it at 27 do you really think Moss is going to jump at the chance to do it at his age?

If Jackson isn't interested in doing it at 27 do you really think Moss is going to jump at the chance to do it at his age?

Absolutely, even more-so at his age, IMO.
If it means a choice of either remaining on the team to contribute on ST, or being cut, and possibly have his career ending, I think he'll choose Special Teams.
Especially being the 'team player' that he is.
For the past decade or so, I've hardly heard a mum out of his mouth, as far as groaning, complaining, or protesting about anything.

Nfl PA has announced their looking into the release of jackson.

What would come of this ?
A draft pick taken away from the Eagles ?

What would come of this ?
A draft pick taken away from the Eagles ?

Yeah. Maybe a first round pick? Maybe a huge fine? Both?

If the NFL PA finds out that they cut a guy and leaked false information for whatever reason (appease fans, revenge for something, it really doesn't mater) then they could be hit hard; and they should be.

I don't know what Jackson's gang affiliations are or are not and I think anyone who hasn't investigated him pretending they know is absurd, but if you're going to do what the eagles did you better have the goods to back it up when you're called on it.

If what they did said was false... They seriously damaged Jackson's ability to collect more money and more importantly what teams he had a chance to go - which, could be an untold punishment - what if he could have gone to the broncos and won a ring? how do you value having that wrongly taken away from you? what's the ceiling on reimbursement for that?

If they did that - they should be punished hard. If they don't have the goods to back it up, then what they did was character assassination at the highest level and the NFL PA has a very, very big interest in putting a stop to that. At least they should.

...or they will allow a backroom deal to **** them more in the future.

One of the two.

The NFLPA has about as much power and influence as any of us here do.

I see a lot of speculation here about the depth chart now with DJax on the roster but no mention of Special Teams. Typically, the 4th and 5th guys on the WR depth chart play Special Teams. On many teams so to does the #3 man. Neither Moss or Hankerson are ST guys. I have no clue about Roberts. If Jackson isn't going to return punts, then he is out of Teams as well.

I just don't see the coaching staff keeping 5 WRs with none of them playing on coverage or return teams. This by itself could spell the end of Hankerson and Moss both, unless Moss can beat Roberts out clean for the slot position.

I think Hank is done anyhow. He just hasn't developed into any type of a dependable option on the field. It's not like the team hasn't been patient, waiting and hoping but it's time to cut bait.

The NFLPA has a lot of power. It's just that their tools are rather blunt: strike...don't strike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.