• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Desean Jackson in Burgundy and Gold?

Should the Redskins Sign WR Desean Jackson?

• Yes - the Redskins badly need a starter opposite Garcon!

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Yes - but only if the contract strongly favors the Redskins.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No - he's not the kind of player this team needs.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I would prefer not, but will take a wait-and-see attitude and hope Gruden can 'coach him up'.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
What say you?

Dunno.

If we sign him I hope we guessed right.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'd rather not. Saw the article about the LA PD saying he has no involvement with gangs, and not connected in two murder investigations. I've also seen people like OJ be pronounced free of guilt... He'll be wanting a nice fat deal, and though I'd love the skills he brings, complete package turns me off. Let he reunite with Porky in KC....

i voted that i would prefer not, but will take a wait and see approach. I'd be a contradiction if I started acting like I knew better then the leadership group down in Ashburn. Personally I say no, but I'm hitching my wagons to the organization and I do believe in what they're doing. If the decision makers think he's a good fit, so be it... but I don't think it's a good idea.

I can't condemn him because he grew up in a terrible environment--quite the opposite. I have to give him credit for staying reasonably clean, and actually making something out of himself under those circumstances.

I'm more torn on the benefit of him. versus the opportunity cost of passing on a WR in the second round in what appears to be the best WR draft class of the last 20 years. And that WR in the second would also be much cheaper.

But I'm starting to doubt that the WR we can get in the second will be as good as he is. So I'm leaning to yes--sign him if it's reasonable.

John Clayton now confirming that we are the front-runners. It's sounding like he's a Redskin.

John Clayton now confirming that we are the front-runners. It's sounding like he's a Redskin.

not sure yet... he isnt even in town til tomorrow right? Weren't we rumored to be front runners w/ Penn as well?

If the guy comes in with the right attitude...and we don't sell the farm to get him.....and can cut him without a huge hit....and he has that chip on his shoulder to get after the Eagles twice a season...then, I guess I'm okay taking the shot. He clearly would give us a HUGE threat not only from scrimmage but also as a playmaking returner.

That said....I wouldn't cry if Andy Reid grabbed him.

PS I was at the Kids Choice Awards yesterday and saw Donovan McNabb from about 10 feet away. So nearly went up to him and punched him in the face. It was nip and tuck there for a second.... :p

not sure yet... he isnt even in town til tomorrow right? Weren't we rumored to be front runners w/ Penn as well?

I don't believe we were the clear front-runners for Penn.

He flies in tomorrow night, meets with the team on Tuesday.

Clayton reporting that "Washington is a better fit, and that Desean wants to play against Philly 2x a year."

Eagles reporters now confirming it too.

Translation: Neither Oakland nor Buffalo have a QB who can throw the deep ball.

Why would anyone want to willingly turn a perfectly low key offseason, into another Circus Is Coming To Town?

If the move fails, we extend the "Same Ole Redskins" talk for another 5 years. Deservedly so, too.

This is the kind of clown destined for prison. Either during, or after his playing days.

I believe the tell will be if we send the plane.

If we send the plane, it's over.

I believe the tell will be if we send the plane.

If we send the plane, it's over.

Jackson's agent, Mr. Tattoo, spots Redskins One on it's approach to Jackson Island...

I don't believe we were the clear front-runners for Penn.

He flies in tomorrow night, meets with the team on Tuesday.

Clayton reporting that "Washington is a better fit, and that Desean wants to play against Philly 2x a year."

Eagles reporters now confirming it too.

Translation: Neither Oakland nor Buffalo have a QB who can throw the deep ball.

Yea, you're right, Penn wanted to play LT (like bigmike said) so the comparison isn't really valid lol

We were reported as front runners for Clark though, right? My point was less about the comparison and more about the fact that being a front-runner doesn't mean squat. Not to mention the mediots are going to break any free agent story that involves the Redskins as us being a major player, because based on the past... it's a pretty solid theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.