• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Derrius Guice Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges

I’m not a fan of teams taking action unless there is indisputable proof of what happened (Such as a video or obvious physical injury). I hope that’s the case here. Can anyone ever say they are surprised at any disaster or disgusting news revealed about this team?

It's not like the team will be missing much.

And you gotta love the JP Finlay take...
Huge question now if Washington will release Derrius Guice.

It's not a huge question! You cut him immediately! Dude was charged with 3 separate accounts of domestic violence, including strangulation!

I guess not much has changed in the DC media even with the name change....stoke flames!

I'm almost done with the latest article I'm writing for Riggo's Rag - the summer series that grades each draft from 2010 to 2019. I'm almost done with the 2018 draft, but having to edit the second round pick. Yeah, glad I didn't finish it earlier as planned.

Guice has already been released guys. Also don’t forget that the team signed Peyton Barber. There were 3 separate DV incidents over a 2-4 month period so they probably saw this coming.

Guice has already been released guys. Also don’t forget that the team signed Peyton Barber. There were 3 separate DV incidents over a 2-4 month period so they probably saw this coming.
I knew he was cut at the point I posted, was just mentioning the Finlay tweet because it appeared more of the same.

This kid placed an awful lot of pressure on himself. He chose the wrong outlet.

I wager he will be given another chance, though. He'll blame it on Covid and get some sympathy.

Being a confirmed cynic, I have to wonder what would have happened if he had rushed for 1200 yds last year. Witness Joe Mixon of OU and the Bengals.

Ordinarily I’d agree, but I don’t think Rivera is a fan of immature players like Guice, and he isn’t giving anyone who abuses women a spot.

I do agree with those questioning whether there's ANY football-relevance to losing Guice. I'm highly skeptical. He has shown (in what limited opportunities we've had to observe him against NFL competition) a furious and physical running style. But that style, when you're brittle as a frozen rose, may not be a recipe for success. I suspect, someone down the road will give him a look in the name of redemption. The only thing the NFL loves more than looking high and mighty and morally superior is bringing back guys with checkered pasts as redemption stories. I have never been either a fan of Guice's self-promoting rah-rah social media presence (reminded me a lot of Griffin in that respect), nor have I been a believer that his injuries were just a little road bump on the way to becoming a RB legend. I just think the guy is a mental midget and apparently has the character to match.

I'm not even convinced, minus his arrest and even if he'd been perfectly healthy, that he would've made the 53 man roster. I just don't think he's a Rivera-type player. We may be well rid of him. Some will bemoan the trampling of his rights and 'presumed innocence' but I think Rivera knows a disaster when he sees one and what I do like is that this new leadership is decisive.

I was never a real Guice fan. Something about him bothered me from day 1. I just hope he gets some help and stops the DV.
I wasn't either, but when he went down he worked hard to get back. When he went down again, I watched him work even harder. I began to cheer for him after that.

Then...after some success last year in limited duty, it was almost like the humility was gone. As Boone mentioned, his social media presence became almost unbearable. His humility seemed to disappear after only 1 really good performance...like he lost sight of the fact he was one injury away from the scar heap.

This is a move Gibbs would have made.

Whether it is injuries or now legal problems Guice never seems clear to just play football.

I was fooled. Guice seemed like a good guy in previous interviews, etc but I guess he has his demons.

nobody claimed him off of waivers, either. that is a sign that it seems pretty bad for him.

apparently he injured his knee again before being released and the charges being filed.

hes in a hell of a downward spiral...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.