• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DeAngelo Hall Hath Spoken

Building a successful team isn’t what it used to be. The only modern example in the NFL I can remember where it was a complete “out with the old, in with the new” plan was enacted in Dallas when Jimmy Johnson took over. Remember though, and this is key, that was still before the salary cap. Even on bad team you just don’t ever see the wholesale changes like that any more. It’s not necessary.

In the salary cap era there are no great teams. If a team starts to get really good the system is set up to bring them back to the pack. The teams who are consistently good (not great) have a couple of things in common: A decent QB and front office that is able to identify and bring in good talent from the draft. When Shanahan took over we had neither and we had question marks all over the place.

McNabb has been a solid addition to this point and I expect him to remain that way. It was a lot smarter getting him for what we had to give up versus what it would have cost to acquire Sam Bradford, who while playing well at this point, is still an unknown commodity.

The big challenge, at least in my mind, is establishing the pipeline of talent from the draft. If we can’t do that well then we will never be a serious contender, at least for more than a one year fluke here and there. All bets are off if the salary cap goes away because that changes everything.

well...right now we have no 3rd or 4th rnd picks in 2011.

a 3rd for AH?

I wouldn't take anything less than a 2nd for him next year and conditional pick in 2012, Al. I know he and the staff are on the outs but the guy is still one of the best, if not the best, DT in football today. Can we get that? Probably not unless someone has a starting DT go down for the year and even then it has to be someone with legit deep playoff hopes but it is what I would be looking for.

I really want to see him in that DE role he was so excited about with Rak lining up off his outside shoulder in passing situations. Can't figure out why they have not tried him there yet after all the talk about it in the off season and camp.

well...right now we have no 3rd or 4th rnd picks in 2011.

a 3rd for AH?

Good point. I'd probably take a 3rd and a player or some sort of conditional throw in pick.

We aren't getting anything out of him at this point. Why not? The draft has to become where the bulk of our starters come from. The sooner that happens the better off this team will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.