• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dan Quinn hired as HC of Commanders

Rate the Dan Quinn Hire

• A

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • B

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • C

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

• Other (please comment)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here we go.

Is Quinn the DC who helps take a team to back to back Super Bowls in Seattle and then fails over time to win in his first HC opportunity only to make it right the second time around?

Or is this an uninspiring retread hire where Quinn himself thinks he probably wasn't the team's #1 choice?

Welp - I guess fingers crossed time. To be positive as Om stated, he is probably the guy remaining most tied into NFL circles so in terms of building staff it’s best case scenario.

it might not be the worst thing to bring someone in who has experience.. i wondered if Quinn was the guy early on because of how 'young' the front office now is in regards to their positions in the league.

Quinn def wasn't my first choice, as i've always wanted to find the long term guy, but i also don't think this is Rivera 2.0 like others are suggesting

There are a number of coaches from Dick Vermeil to Andy Reid, etc. that lost their first Super Bowl and came back years later to win the Big One with a different team.

OC pick is going to be big. And roster building which thankfully we have a pro managing (although I would feel better about that if he were bringing in new talent vs. hanging on to what we’ve had).

Yep. As I aged myself by saying last night, of all the candidates we talked to, this guy certainly has the Rolodex.

1706804678737.png

Another spin on this, we're bringing in a guy that's very familiar withour division, while weakening the Cowboys.

I have my fingers crossed that Quinn is going to get the chance to put the staff together without interference from the owner or others who may want Bieniemy to stay in the organization.

I have my fingers crossed that Quinn is going to get the chance to put the staff together without interference from the owner or others who may want Bieniemy to stay in the organization.

I actually don’t want him picking his coordinators independently because he has fucked that up previously. I hope Peters is heavily involved. This is not a situation where he should be allowed to bring in buddies because of a comfort level. We need a hotshot OC - got to have it.

Disagree Boone. A coach has to be able to trust his staff and if staff members are handed to him and forced down his throat you could see a divided organization down the road.

See what is happening in Philly? Siriani was handed Vic Fangio by Howie Roseman without much input. Siriani has been effectively neutered.

The pull date on Siriani's stay as Eagles Head Coach is coming quickly IMO.

I didn’t say ‘forced down his throat’. The last time he chose coordinators it cost him his job. He needs guidance.

OC pick is going to be big. And roster building which thankfully we have a pro managing (although I would feel better about that if he were bringing in new talent vs. hanging on to what we’ve had).
I agree the OC is now the big choice in all of this. You figure that Quinn will run the D, even if a coordinator is calling plays. But who will be controlling the offense.

I think Quinn has learned a bit from his Atlanta experience. Plus, at this point of the season/offseason, there is no Kyle Shanahan sitting out there ready to be hired, so this is going to be a DEEP DIVE to come up with capable coordinators that can hit the ground running.

Here is where Quinn's network and contacts around the league help after 20 plus years in the NFL.

Let's not neuter Quinn before he is allowed to be a real Head Coach and not merely a guy out there on Sunday with a DC and OC picked by someone else.

Think they’ll send a private jet for him or will he continue to add to his frequent flyer miles?

Interesting. I find it somewhat strange that Washington sent its private jet to go interview Ben Johnson after his season was over and not have Johnson come to Washington for his second (in person) interview.

We were treating him at the interview stage as if he was the King of England.

Harbaugh went to LA.

Now that he's been named HC the team should send the plane for DQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.