• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

D. Hall in 3rd Pro Bowl

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I predicted he'd have a pro bowl season before it started, and DeAngelo Hall is voted into his 3rd Pro Bowl. Not sure he's been an all-pro all year long, but hard to argue he didn't have his moments, including an incredible 4 interception game.

He should send Cutler a thank you for this...

I was going to ask if he was taking cutler with him as a thnk you.

and I am not surprised that he was our only defencive player picked, its hard to justify probowls for a team that is by far the worst defencive team in the nfl.

A case could be made for both Fletcher and Orakpo (the most held man in the NFL this year).

Lorenzo Alexander would have been my choice as Special Teams player.

On offense, I know Trent Williams is a rookie but Jason Peters? Give me a break. I don't see Ovie Mughelli as a better choice at FB than Sellers but I'm sure he gathered picks because of his team's record. I know that crap happens in college but it shouldn't happen in the NFL.

Glad for DHall! Hopefully, he won't let it go to his head. There's PLENTY of room for improvement in his game.

Glad for DHall! Hopefully, he won't let it go to his head. There's PLENTY of room for improvement in his game.

AMEN to that!

From the Redskins Press Release, these guys are the alternates:

REDSKINS 2011 PRO BOWL ALTERNATES
Lorenzo Alexander Special Teamer (second)
Chris Cooley Tight End (second)
London Fletcher Inside Linebacker (second)
Brian Orakpo Outside Linebacker (first)
Mike Sellers Fullback (first)

AMEN to that!

From the Redskins Press Release, these guys are the alternates:

REDSKINS 2011 PRO BOWL ALTERNATES
Lorenzo Alexander Special Teamer (second)
Chris Cooley Tight End (second)
London Fletcher Inside Linebacker (second)
Brian Orakpo Outside Linebacker (first)
Mike Sellers Fullback (first)

That's a good list. And we all know Landry was in if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. There's a nice handful of bright spots in an otherwise tough season.

That's a good list. And we all know Landry was in if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. There's a nice handful of bright spots in an otherwise tough season.

Landry was the leading vote getter for a while, even AFTER he got hurt. What a shame. The way he was playing, he was a shoo-in.

A case could be made for both Fletcher and Orakpo (the most held man in the NFL this year).

Lorenzo Alexander would have been my choice as Special Teams player.

On offense, I know Trent Williams is a rookie but Jason Peters? Give me a break. I don't see Ovie Mughelli as a better choice at FB than Sellers but I'm sure he gathered picks because of his team's record. I know that crap happens in college but it shouldn't happen in the NFL.

Rak simply didnt make enough wow plays and hes not a steady type player who is gonna make it by making plays down in and down out, he needs the wow plays to get considered.

Fletcher, somewhat close last year, not even remotely this year.

Lorenzo on specials I could agree with.

Trent? nope although Peters was a name pick for sure.

Mughelli yeah I can agree that Mike should get the nod over him, but fb really is not a showcase player anymore for anyone.

good point tho, some times guys get name picks and that bugs me, although last year Rak benefitted from it lol.

Landry played pretty well for us but his inflated tackle numbers were more about the crapulence of the scheme. when a safety leads your team and the league in tackles thats a bad thing, but most fans just see the eye popping numbers. if he had some more picks and a few more ff and fr and mayeb some TFL I would agree. as it was, he was a very good player who looked better because of a bad defence. I do think he should get comeback player of the year tho.

Landry was the leading vote getter for a while, even AFTER he got hurt. What a shame. The way he was playing, he was a shoo-in.

I heard Landry's name wasn't even on the player's & coach's ballot b/c he was on IR.

Well, proving once again that the pro bowl is a huge joke, 5 Cowturds were voted in.

Well, proving once again that the pro bowl is a huge joke, 5 Cowturds were voted in.

Your sentiment was echoed almost word-for-word on that Packer site. They hate the Cowturds too.

They were also -let's say "dismayed"-that Rodgers wasn't in the QB mix even though they do have five players and three starters in.

My opinion is that it's more about popularity, name recognition and highlight-reel generation than anything else. Also a team having an excellent record probably affords a player a greater chance of selection, I would think.

I disagree. Landry's numbers were what they were because like Michael Vick he is a freak at his position. He is a strong safety with the speed and lateral quickness of a cornerback but the size of a linebacker. Finally, he started to be used as he was projected coming out of LSU.

He is just starting to tap his potential at SS and is one of the first players the Redskins need to sign to a contract extension.

Forget Santana Moss or Rocky McIntosh. Landry is MUCH more important to the future of this team over the next 3-5 years than either of these free agents.

That's not too hard to figure out. Briggs is a multiple time pro bowler whose team is now the #2 seed heading into the playoffs. The name recognition alone would probably have sealed his selection but the record of the team clinched it.

If the Redskins had been 10-6 or 11-5 instead of 6-10 in 2011 you would have seen some other players make it obviously.

That's the way the NFL is.

And that's why it's funny when I hear former NFL players say that the fans don't understand the game.

Well, we understand it well enough to know that many NFL players are simply filling out ballots for guys whose name they recognize or they are friends with.

but the Redskins are also ranked #32 on defense, so the argument goes about how many players should be at the pro bowl representing the #32 defense? :)

Landry when he was healthy WAS playing at a pro bowl level and would have made the team.

He is really the only player that was dominant at his position on the defense.

Hall got interceptions but he got burned like toast against the Eagles and Giants in what were forgettable performances.

actually, he did play in the pro bowl last year :)

I think the inference was that he didn't get in on the initial ballot, that he was an alternate. If not, big blunder. But knowing Ryman, I would wager he will state that Fletcher wasn't a pro-bowler, that there is a difference since he was an alternate, because we all know he is never wrong. :eclipsee_Victoria:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.