• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Coronavirus - COVID19

Unfortunately, you can never dismiss the possibility of a government, somewhere, for one reason or another, wanting to shed themselves of as many recipients of government dollars as they can. By whatever means they can.

Unfortunately, you can never dismiss the possibility of a government, somewhere, for one reason or another, wanting to shed themselves of as many recipients of government dollars as they can. By whatever means they can.
I said that in the beginning. It feels like a GI Joe plot where Cobra came up with a chemical weapon to conquer the world.

I will say this though: With how much they are lying, denying, and covering up everything...they need to pay. Sanctions, embargoes, debt forgiveness.

when an oil company has a spill....they pay
when a pharmaceutical company messes up...they pay

China should be no different. This isn't political, this isn't anything like that. They need to pay for all the deaths that came out of their country.

I have a question for both of you. Do you know if these people have any other symptoms other than a fever? I’m curious how this virus is affecting people. The news will always give the worst case scenarios because that’s what a best for their ratings. So I want to know from people who have it or in this case personally know people who have it, how it’s affecting them. We have heard some celebrities state that they were extremely tired. Both Doris Burke and Sean Payton said that was their main symptom. Hopefully for your friends it’s the same thing and nothing more. But I did want to find out from people who actually know.

My understanding from a mutual friend is that my buddy was running a temp of 104 w/ a sore throat, dry cough, and some respiratory distress. He had also been overly tired for a couple of days. The ER staff said he had all the most typical symptoms and felt strongly his test would come back positive.

My understanding from a mutual friend is that my buddy was running a temp of 104 w/ a sore throat, dry cough, and some respiratory distress. He had also been overly tired for a couple of days. The ER staff said he had all the most typical symptoms and felt strongly his test would come back positive.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully things do subside. The 104 temp is bad enough but the respiratory distress is troubling.

How is that the U.S. has the worst scenario in the world, the worst containment, the most cases, and the most deaths ?
I think there's more to it, than just our population. Because there are other nations just as populated that don't have it this bad, or spread this much.
Seems our technology and our medical system is way over-rated.

We don't have the most deaths. As Boone noted the incident rate is, at this time, highly concentrated. Go back and reconstruct how this unfolded in the US, who said what, who did what.

Reactions: Ax
So, I was furloughed for 6 weeks today. Unemployment here I come... Realistically, it's a good move for a number of reasons. We still have tourists strolling through the showroom, touching everything. We have board people out of work strolling through the showroom, touching everything LOL. While I haven't been seriously ill many years, I have chronic bronchitis, a touch of asthma, and still unfortunately smoking. Throw in the angina, and I guess I'm in the higher risk group. My boss is quite sure If I get the virus, I will die LOL He worries too much. The good part is, my body can really use the break. Haven't had more then a few days at a time off since 17, so I plan on taking lots of naps, and letting my body heal up. Thankfully I have enough in the way of hobbies to keep me occupied. While I do believe my boss to be sincere in his concern for me, bottom line is money. GM told me they were considering going "a week on, a week off" with me and the other tech. That's a lot of lost money, so I made the suggestion of a temp lay off. It protects myself and my tech Jason's wages better, as he won't lose any, and I'll take a minimal hit. If my body wasn't so banged up, it might not seem as smart, but it is what it is at this moment. Still haven't figured out how a motorcycle showroom is essential. Even the shop realistically... sure there are some people out there that their bike is their only means of transportation, but the're a minority. We don't do any law enforcement bikes, so it's all about working on bikes for people who feel their bike is more important then every bodies health.

Time for a crown and coke... Cheers !

Sorry to hear about your buddy Bob. Unfortunately, I think we're all going to know folks who've gone through this before all is said and done. Hopefully, that's all we experience.

Today, I found out that my counterparts at 'the mother ship' (the largest hospital in the health system I'm employed by) set their folks up to work from home 2 weeks ago. That was the push I needed to tell my boss I was working from home exclusively starting next week. Doesn't guarantee anything, but I like my risk level a lot better being at home and only occasionally going out for supplies a lot better than being in a hospital with COVID-19 patients in it most of the week. It was a hard thing for me to do, because my teammates who I love cannot work from home. But I just decided it was stupid to take the risk, especially given that folks who CAN work from home, are supposed to be working from home.

Sorry to hear your news Mike - but sounds like they value you and once we get through this you'll be right back in there. Take care and be safe people!

Every "expert" I've heard talk about it, so far, says this is definitively NOT a man made virus. And so far, I can believe them.
Based on supposedly distinct differences that thousands in that field could easily verify.

But I would not be surprised to learn that it was unleashed intentionally by China.
And then allowed to run rampant by some other countries, as a means of thinning their populations of the old and sick.
Yes, faith in my fellow man is almost nonexistent.

The Navy is pissed the CO of the Roosevelt raised an alarm. This is baaaaaaaaaad PR

The Captain broke the chain-of-command - apparently including the Battle Group Commander who was onboard. His job is to report SORTS/readiness information to his ISIC.....not to release/leak his observations to media. It's obvious the Captain - the same guy who holds/has held NJP for sailors - did not consult the PAO (speculation on my part) per regs.

Don't know in this case, but the dirty secret is that not every CO is stable. I observed a ship's CO relieved of command during one of my JO tours for actions I won't convey. It's rare, but it does happen. In this instance, there isn't enough information to tell what's really going on.

Every "expert" I've heard talk about it, so far, says this is definitively NOT a man made virus. And so far, I can believe them.
Based on supposedly distinct differences that thousands in that field could easily verify.

But I would not be surprised to learn that it was unleashed intentionally by China.
And then allowed to run rampant by some other countries, as a means of thinning their populations of the old and sick.
Yes, faith in my fellow man is almost nonexistent.

Until squashed, the competing theories were eating the wrong stuff; someone in the Wuhan P4 lab (i.e., bio warfare) moving through containment checks with the diesease undetected and from there passing it on to others. A third theory, put out by the Chinese government, is that the US military propagated the disease through some athletic events held in Wuhan last October. It is interesting to note that three Chinese reporters who published information critical of the Chinese government and its handling of the virus have all disappeared.

Dallas County has just extended the stay-at-home order until May 20.

State officials still wishy-washy.

The Captain broke the chain-of-command - apparently including the Battle Group Commander who was onboard. His job is to report SORTS/readiness information to his ISIC.....not to release/leak his observations to media. It's obvious the Captain - the same guy who holds/has held NJP for sailors - did not consult the PAO (speculation on my part) per regs.

Don't know in this case, but the dirty secret is that not every CO is stable. I observed a ship's CO relieved of command during one of my JO tours for actions I won't convey. It's rare, but it does happen. In this instance, there isn't enough information to tell what's really going on.

the whole thing is really speculation on your part. he sent a letter asking for help. it could have been intercepted, someone else could have pulled a Snowden and released it.

the whole thing is really speculation on your part. he sent a letter asking for help. it could have been intercepted, someone else could have pulled a Snowden and released it.

Except that he hasn't denied anything.

Anywho, if I recall correctlyu you have a son who was going into the Navy. I hope he is well and am greatful for his service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.