• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Coronavirus - COVID19

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
The state of OH shut all schools down from K-12
All NCAA and pro sports have been canceled/postponed
St Patty's Day parade canceled

My job has 4 cases in the county
My county now reporting 1 confirmed case. We have 100K people in the entire county so it is a big deal.
I have a friend from NYC who is in the ICU with it.

Is everyone prepared and/or OK?

I have been self-isolating since Monday night with only trips to the grocery.

My car is super clean though. 🤣

Our Governor is talking about shutting bars, restaurants, and schools until the end of the school year now.

My company is most likely doing WFH after tomorrow.

Our Governor is talking about shutting bars, restaurants, and schools until the end of the school year now.

My company is most likely doing WFH after tomorrow.

Interesting at how he placed such a priority on Ohioan's need for alcohol...This is not a joke meme - it's a bona fide authentic message from your Gov.
ETLK70yWAAAW6F_.jpg

That is a good thing. I can't see the issue here. It says bars are closing, but you can still purchase it at the drive thru places we have.

Its also not a "high priority" it says right in the thing we are closing bars. People still like to have alcohol so he gives you a way to purchase it safely.

Oh, I wasn't implying there was an issue with it.
Rather, I think it was almost like a statement where the jokes could virtually write themselves, from it :)

Guess I am just not on the same wavelength as you when it comes to jokes. That's twice now. I'll try to remember you're kidding.

We are pretty nervous down here. for a smaller state without a huge city population, we seem to be getting nailed pretty hard. plus, we have 1 confirmed in my town that has 20K people in it.

Precautions are good, people's panic is not, I'm wondering how many of my customers (small businesses, company I work for provides lines of credit) this will force to close. Every time we get a bad hurricane several can't make it through the decline in sales and go out of business. We've had a couple confirmed cases in Fl mostly from people who traveled abroad. Corp office is running a skeleton staff of 100 down from 900 as the remainder are working from home. No edict for the local branches to close but my road time (client visits) has been squashed until further notice. Luckily for me I live in a neighborhood not near the dense city population of Orlando and I rarely go out except for work. With the postponement and cancellation of sports I've definitely watched more movies than usual. I find it interesting how different pockets of the country are re-acting to this, I expected a bit more panic in FL once Disney,SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Universal announced they were closing for two weeks which never happens except for hurricanes, yet much is business as usual in the area, minus the school closures but that only helps my commute to the office down from an hour to only 40 minutes.

Multiple cases here as well, and almost 2 million people in the metro area and 2 airports, so the potential for it to get crazy here is very real. Schools at all levels are closed, along with museums, government buildings, and office buildings. Norfolk is nearly a ghost town compared to how it normally is, and it's weird to see such a densely populated city so empty and quiet. Work has been crazy. Almost no business whatsoever the past few days, so we've only been carrying a skeleton crew.

My ex is driving me insane, because the kids live with her and she is one of those that's severely downplaying it, saying it's not a big deal and nothing more than a bad cold, and you only have to worry if you're 80+, it's not as serious as the CDC says, etc. I feel like she's putting my kids at risk due to her own ignorance on viruses and pandemics, and her refusal to take this seriously. This is the same woman who once argued with me until she was blue in the face because in her words, "nobody has ever died from the flu." I wish I was kidding. For someone with a masters degree, she's batting .000 in the common sense department.

I know everyone has someone they know who knows someone, but I have a friend who has been working on the Hill for 20 years just call me and tell me to get some cash reserves out of the bank. I still don't know what to believe, but I try to keep at least a grand in the house.

Not worried a bit honestly, mindful yes but this pandemonium is helping no one. I find it extremely saddening just how greedy a chunk of the population has become in freaking out and bulk buying necessities unrelated to the virus (tp). Would have thought we as a society were further along than this.

I know everyone has someone they know who knows someone, but I have a friend who has been working on the Hill for 20 years just call me and tell me to get some cash reserves out of the bank. I still don't know what to believe, but I try to keep at least a grand in the house.
This is the last kind of thing we need - a cash run on banks. People need to calm the **** down and stop promoting hysteria.

Last edited:
And that’s not directed at you or your friend B - but what we are going through is 50% problem we should all take very seriously, and 50% perception/hysteria. The level of anxiety people are expressing and acting on is dangerous and unproductive.

Crises expose the best in people.
Crises expose the worst in people.
They amplify both selflessness and selfishness.
They delineate the differences between the thoughtful and the prudent from the myopic and the foolhardy.

I always have that...learned that lesson many years ago. I also have bars of silver instead of gold.

I took the boys outside today to get some fresh air and play when they saw the neighbors. they wanted to run over and play, but both parents (myself and them) said no. it isnt that we dont want them to play together, dont like each other, or are overly paranoid. but, i really dont know what to think right now and the less that i expose my kid...the better.

might sound fucked up to most, but i would rather be that guy and say sorry later than the alternative.

Well - no one really knows what to believe Mike. One thing that does seem pretty certain - this isn't a danger to kids. The only reason to even quarantine/limit kids based on what I've seen is the risk of them catching it and spreading it to others, eventually increasing the risk to older or more at risk folks. I think at least for the next 4 weeks, it's a good idea to circle the wagons and avoid any contact it's possible to avoid. Things will hopefully start looking better sometime over the next 4-8 weeks (I certainly hope that's the case).

that is a big enough risk to me. I don't know where you've been, who you've been in contact with, etc.

Kids DO get it just not in the same numbers as adults. I don't want to be the parent that proves statistics wrong, ya know?

I'm not sure they are ANY less likely to get it, but they don't seem to be at risk for major symptoms. May be lots of kidders walking around with it with adults around them oblivious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.