• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Coronavirus - COVID19

Or taze you?

I think Chief Running Poo had been smoking something funky in his peace pipe.

These are combined current numbers from my health system and the 2 closest hospitals to us.

064F80E8-8F24-4325-B153-6444BDCEF5DF.jpg

Makes a compelling case for why getting vaccinated makes so much sense.

How does that compare to a few weeks ago? Is it going up, down, staying the same?

COVID exploded here in NC in July-August. It has leveled off at least in my hospital, but still bad.

Just got home from much needed vacation from ClusterFuck City and my hospital officially activated “crisis” mode while I was away. I normally work in the medical center’s primary care and Urgent Care clinics, but they’ve largely shut down the clinic and we are all working Covid units now. We have just turned Med Surge into a 2nd ICU because the first ICU is full and all patients are on vents.

My sister is the ED director and she is now having to teach ED nurses how to intubate because so many patients are coming in crashing and she can’t keep up.

As far as our hospital statistics: >90% of deaths, vents, ICU and hospitalizations are unvaccinated patients. Just lost my high school softball coach to Covid, he died out in his car in the parking lot waiting for a bed in the ED (we didn’t even have a gurney in the hallway available for him).

Please get vaccinated. This healthcare worker is literally begging you. Can you still get a breakthrough infection being vaccinated? Absolutely, several of my coworkers have gotten sick. HOWEVER, they haven’t ended up hospitalized and the data is largely showing (at least in my hospital and surrounding hospitals in Northern CA and Southern Oregon) that it is the unvaccinated who are filling our census and dying.

And whether you are vaccinated or not, please keep yourself as healthy as possible. Care is significantly impacted for people needing treatment for regular issues and accidents. We have no hospitals to transfer anyone to within a couple hundred miles and we are WAY short staffed.

The Delta variant is no joke and I just want to put out there the experience we are going through hoping it will edge any vaccine-hesitant people toward vaccination. Stay healthy out there, guys.

So I am not going to minimize the experiences of those in the field, I do not doubt that Covid is an issue that needs attention, but after watching shit like this...how in the hell am I supposed to trust anyone in power?

You want to know how it is in NC? I've told you. Trust that.

Last edited:
I am still of the same mindset.

COVID-19 is real
It does kill people
People have real issues dealing with it

But

It's not worth the lockdowns
We should not be forcing people to get vaccinated
It is still a political push by the government for control

I don't think you have to be one side or the other and hold a firm line. There is room to believe it's a deadly disease and vaccination is a good thing without having to believe the government should decide what we do by using fear and a power grab.

I am vaccinated due to family reasons. But, plenty of my friends are not. We hang out with them like nothing was different. It's a decision that should only be between you and your loved ones with nobody else having a say in what you do.

I can understand people not getting the vaccine given the "no warranty policy" attitude from those "professionals and the intellectual snobbery to diagnose events that do go wrong as anything but the vaccine and to put the victim through psychological hell via gaslighting.

Once COVID is "tamed" and runs its course, watch the governments quickly not give a shit about it or the people suffering "breakthrough" infections or "long" issue. That's because it's original "killing profile" is almost perfectly ideal for government and insurance companies' incentives. Old people die. High cost(disability, etc) people die. Obese and diabetic people are more likely to die(big bucks spawned from sugary food diet all the way up to death).

The decision in May be the CDC leaves one questioning what they really wanted when the gave the "all clear" to the vaccinated to go back to normal. Just hubris, or "accidentally-on-purpose" allow transmission to spread wildly? Because scientists know that vaccines are not a force field of protection even though the lay people incorrectly inferred such a belief.

Then there's the media and government. What they have done is an "anti-Diana" to the unvacccinated. Unvaccinated are basically deemed untouchables and the point of blame even though Delta's transmission is mostly irrelevant with regards to vaccination status. Transmission also often occurs before symptoms are realized. The main matter with an unvaccinated person is that they are more likely to wind up dead or in the hospital. The unvaccinated will likely suffer a much more difficult result if they come down with the disease but they are not the sole reason the virus continues to spread.

Viral shed - even with Delta is much less in vaccinated individuals (based on the studies I have seen). Yes - vaccinated people can carry and catch the delta variant but the chances of getting infected from an unvaccinated person with COVID are greater due to the amount of virus they are walking around with.

Viral shed - even with Delta is much less in vaccinated individuals (based on the studies I have seen). Yes - vaccinated people can carry and catch the delta variant but the chances of getting infected from an unvaccinated person with COVID are greater due to the amount of virus they are walking around with.
I find it lacking in real world significance. Such as the article in the Baltimore Sun in which a Hopkins epidemiologist( he would be of the mindset of the "rationals") and 17 of his buddies all got ill with the virus after a little house party. Vaccines were much better at stopping the alpha and original variant but Delta is a piercer and it must be presumed "what can go wrong will go wrong" with regards to transmission. There is insufficient material basis to justify being "free" solely based on vaccination status.

Me, it's not a big deal since holing up causes me no mental harm, and the long COVID symptoms I got earlier this year is enough to not want to do anything to incur excessive risk of contraction like going to Wally World on a busy Saturday. But for the extraverts and contact-dependent people, they are drowning in their own tears.

I’m just pointing out that your statement that the only thing getting vaccinated accomplishes is keeping folks out of the hospital or from dying - which in and of itself sounds like a pretty good reason to get vaccinated :) - isn’t the only benefit. All the data I’ve seen also shows vaccinated folks are far less likely to share COVID with other people they contact due to reduced viral load. That’s significant - in the real world :)

The hard lines people take in belief and skepticism is what is the worst part to me. We used to listen to counterpoints and change our opinions if convinced.

Now, it devolves in to ideology and name calling. I long for the days of good debates and civil conversation.

....and I don't mean this back and forth. I mean in general

I feel that this place is as close as it gets to civil conversation (now that political topics are not allowed) that I visit regularly online, for the most part. Social media and it’s inherent anonymity has forever changed that.

As far as opinions being changed due to conversation or debate, I guess I missed that time in my lifetime. 😉

Update from my hospital: our overflow ICU is full, we have run out of vents and have now activated the scarce resources protocol. This means my boss is lead triage where he is using the algorithm and deciding who gets a vent and who does not. We had 3 deaths today (that's a lot in a rural medical center), all unvaccinated, one a high school classmate. 100% of our vented patients are unvaccinated. 91% of our hospitalized patients are unvaccinated. Take from the numbers what you will, for me it's pretty convincing evidence that the vaccines are largely doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.