• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Confirmed Signings

we ****ing cut sellers? WHY THE **** WOULD YOU? the guy cracks skulls on ST, he runs fools over in the flat and is cheap. un****ingreal.

I think BB was just kidding, atleast that's what i got from re-reading the thread.

I think he was kidding too. I haven't found that news anywhere else either.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think BB was just kidding, atleast that's what i got from re-reading the thread.

I had to re-read it too. If Neo had not quoted BB, BB's edit would have gone unnoticed, except for Lanky. Damn! I wish they had cut Sellers. I was wondering too because I thought Heyer was not on the roster, not re-signed.

Good riddance Heyer, Hicks. I wish!

I agree on Heyer and Hicks. I hope we upgrade.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We are currently in talks with Minnesota about trading DMc5.

For what this is worth; Local radio guy had Chris Landry on just a few minutes ago. They were reporting that terms of a McNabb to Minny deal is in place. They didn't give any details.

wr

skins have apparently committed to a 3 yr deal with Santana.

AdamSchefter Tweet
Santana Moss reaches agreement with Washington on a 3-yr deal for $15 million with $5 million signing bonus and $6 million guaranteed.

you wish they had cut sellers?

yeah brother, turns out we don't agree on everything. :laugh:

I liked Sellers for years, but he should be a casualty of a new direction here. His special teams play is good, but his play on offense has slipped. He has been missing blocks, routes and other assignments that may not be visible on TV, but I noticed many of them at live games. One of Rex's int's last year was a direct result of Sellers running the wrong route on a timing pattern.

And I will give you one last thing to chew on. During the past 2 Training Camps, I have been able to go out on the first or second day of camp. In the first year, I could not believe how he lacked any true professionalism. He half-assed everything. Last year under the first year with Shanahan, things tightened up a bit, but Sellers was still half-assing it out on the field. He just didn't take things seriously.

Time to give Young his shot if he's good enough. If not, we keep Sellers for another year.

quick question..who throws a timing route to a 275 FB?

Mike, it was a screen pass where Sellers was supposed to break one way and when the ball was there, he wasn't. Sellers did make make the break out in the flat, the ball was in the air and it got intercepted. It was the game against the Giants and Bulloch got the break on the ball because Sellers was out of position. It may not have been a traditional timing pattern like you'd see with a WR in the end zone, but Sellers was at fault. His skills have taken a hit and it's time for him to get the axe.

I don't understand why the Skins aren't going after Orton or Kolb. Both are very solid. If the cost is too high, that's one thing - but I'd much rather see us get a 28 year old proven vet as we rebuild for the next 3-4 years, which might allow us to find our 'QB of the future' in the draft without the pressure to 'reach' or gamble. I think we'd be damn smart to get Kyle Orton. One of the most underrated QBs of the last decade IMHO. Glad we kept Santana - he's been a very solid WR for a long time and is still a deep threat. I think we overpaid though.

Just read (per Adam Schefter's tweet) that Josh Bidwell is being released. I wish we could figure out that punter situation.

Oh, and I'm glad we're not going after Orton of Kolb. Kolb is no proven vet and I'm not convinced that Orton is all that much of an upgrade from Grossman. Don't get me wrong, I don't think all that highly of Rex, but he did better than anyone else I've seen in burgundy and gold in quite a while. In terms of a "serviceable" veteran to get us thru for now....I'm happy with Grossman.

3 years/$15M isn't bad, Boone. Maybe slightly above market value, but not much. As more deals come out, I think we will remain pretty happy with that one.

I can understand the FO's reticence to go after another Iggles QB, but agree with you about Orton. Depending on the cost, I would jump all over that.

3 years/$15M isn't bad, Boone. Maybe slightly above market value, but not much. As more deals come out, I think we will remain pretty happy with that one.

I can understand the FO's reticence to go after another Iggles QB, but agree with you about Orton. Depending on the cost, I would jump all over that.

That's a lot for a 32 year old who's had a lot of hammy and groin injuries the past 3-4 years - at least in my book.

And the problem wasn't going after an Eagles QB - it was going after the WRONG Eagles QB. And actually - the answer on that front is probably easy. The Eagles wouldn't trade Kolb to an inter-division rival :)

so you want to cut him because of that?

whatever. im not going to argue because a ****ty QB threw a screen that got him cut. i can go on and on about the hit he put on that packers player and that can be my argument.

Please don't put words in my mouth Mike. I did not say that one incident was the reason to cut him. I was merely using it as an example of his mistakes. With his lack of focus during practice, you can see why he makes mistakes like that.

And yes, that hit against Jordy Nelson was spectacular!

Glad to see we kept Tana, and I'm good with the contract, 3 years is about right. Maybe a little steep on the price but to keep him here, I'm all in.

i didnt put words in your mouth. i used your example of why i dont think he should be cut and im sorry that it seems that way but it was the only one you gave.

Go back and read post 72.

Looks like Baltimore has locked up Yanda. Kinda bummed about that but I guess we don't need to spend on the biggest need on our team with a viable player on the market.

so you want to cut him because of that?

whatever. im not going to argue because a ****ty QB threw a screen that got him cut. i can go on and on about the hit he put on that packers player and that can be my argument.

but i will say this; he had the most rec yds he has ever had last year and created 2 FFs which is the most he has ever created.

hes not going to get the axe because he still lays people out, he still has skills to jump over diving CBs and when thrown the ball right can catch it out in the flat.

Sellers hasn't been the same since he signed his last contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.