• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chase Young

Today, more than any game to this point, Chase Young made me think of Sean Taylor. He showed that special ability to singlehandedly take over a game in way that Sean proved capable of doing. It was enjoyable to watch and something Redskins fans deserve.

Echo that, CH. At the end of the half yesterday, I found myself wondering if I had ever seen a Washington defensive player dominate a game over a stretch like that. The only name I could come up with that was even close was Sean Taylor.

I said the same thing in chat yesterday. When he picked up that fumble and streaked down the sidelines, the only thing missing was a dive in to the end zone.

That man is good. I feel 100% OK with where we drafted him. even when he isn't getting to the QB he is making things happen. he makes those around him better, too.

Chase was a beast yesterday!! wonder if he's ever played any QB lol... I've seen enough of Steve Simms JR. He was horrible again yesterday.. Both Simms were no shows and Terry has had a rough couple weeks now

I guess it's a bad time to suggest again we package him and our 1st rounder to move up to #1 in the draft and grab Lawrence?

Echo that, CH. At the end of the half yesterday, I found myself wondering if I had ever seen a Washington defensive player dominate a game over a stretch like that. The only name I could come up with that was even close was Sean Taylor.
Lavar Arrington had that Carolina game.

I guess it's a bad time to suggest again we package him and our 1st rounder to move up to #1 in the draft and grab Lawrence?
I mean, if you are looking to fight first thing on a Monday morning sure!! LOL

I mean, if you are looking to fight first thing on a Monday morning sure!! LOL

I believe if I posted it on Twitter, I could melt that thing. Be nothing but a pool of oil and the smell of burning plastic left. I won't hijack the thread, but it's a serious suggestion for another day.

someone posted the video of Sean on top and Chase on the bottom. It almost brings tears to your eyes. Sean would have been long retired by now, but our D would have been so much better year after year with him leading it.

I love Chase Young. Watching him play opposite Trent on Sunday, and watching the friendly competition he has with Sweat, and watching how the team supports each other...

It made me think about the players Rivera let go in the off season, including Trent Williams. I remember him at the time intimating that he wanted players who bought into HIS sustem and his ethic. Team players who earned their way on the field.

I have to admit... what he's doing is working. And it's players like Chase Young leading the way and setting an example. Just looking at the team at the moment you can see tha the players that the team seems to take its cue from are Young, McLaurin and Smith. They set a tone, and that's something I feel we've been missing for a long time. We've had vocal leaders before, but they weren't on the same page as the coach and staff more often than not. Often they seemed in direct conflict with the likes of Gruden.

The Washington Defense seems to be taking on the personality of Chase Young, and I love that. Here's hoping his mum keeps him humble. :)

Seeing Sweat push Trent out of the way when Chase was running for that TD made me smile bigger than I have in a while.

I think the FO did him wrong, but he did a lot of us wrong as well with his trash talking. I wish him nothing but the best, but it was nice to see a little karma come his way.

I love Chase Young. Watching him play opposite Trent on Sunday, and watching the friendly competition he has with Sweat, and watching how the team supports each other...

It made me think about the players Rivera let go in the off season, including Trent Williams. I remember him at the time intimating that he wanted players who bought into HIS sustem and his ethic. Team players who earned their way on the field.

I have to admit... what he's doing is working. And it's players like Chase Young leading the way and setting an example. Just looking at the team at the moment you can see tha the players that the team seems to take its cue from are Young, McLaurin and Smith. They set a tone, and that's something I feel we've been missing for a long time. We've had vocal leaders before, but they weren't on the same page as the coach and staff more often than not. Often they seemed in direct conflict with the likes of Gruden.

The Washington Defense seems to be taking on the personality of Chase Young, and I love that. Here's hoping his mum keeps him humble. :)

Love Young but there are multiple guys on this defense who are gamers and who are performing at a high level and he’s just one of them. Difference is, he has elite talent And I’m going to keep saying it, Jack Del Rio has always been a hell of a DC and I think he’s a huge factor in the growth of the defense (even if I reserve the right to bitch when he insists on playing zone in some situations Id prefer he not) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.