• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Celebrity Passings

Wes used his body so well that he often gobbled up rebounds without leaving the ground.

He was shot and killed, I believe in a robbery.

Bonnie Pointer passed. Pointer Sisters were a great group that always seemed to be on the radio when I was younger.

Reactions: Ax
Always liked the Pointer Sisters.

Sadly, Willie Stargell and the Pirates ruined me with one of their best songs.

Always liked the Pointer Sisters.

Sadly, Willie Stargell and the Pirates ruined me with one of their best songs.
Hated that song after that series. Could not believe the O's blew that series.

When I heard the news of his passing, I can only think of the last message I saw from him on twitter and thought, how befitting.

On the night of July 4th after a great evening with my family, we put the kids to bed and I perused social media to see the fireworks experiences across my network. This was the last message I saw from him before I heard of his passing. He was active on Sunday, but I was not. Monday in the late morning, I would hear of his passing.

"Guess I’ll hang it up for tonight Goodnight planet earth-God bless." - Charlie Daniels the night before his passing.

when I was a kid Devil went down to Georgia was one of the first crossover songs I can remember. Everyone knew that song and loved it.

I remember him on the Mandrell Sisters show and how he would just tear up rosin bows like a madman.

Charlie D vistied a CVN I was deployed on as a member of the Battle Group Commander's staff. Met him. Nice guy. Big supporter of the armed services.

Will be missed.

Grant Imahara from Mythbusters, 47, brain aneurysm.

This one really sucks, he was one of my favorites.

Yeah, the Mythbusters gang has always been a good bunch. Way too young.

Grant Imahara from Mythbusters, 47, brain aneurysm.

This one really sucks, he was one of my favorites.
I meant 49, not 47
Wife of John Travolta, Kelly Preston passed yesterday at 57 due to cancer

Something that bothered me is when their son died, they said they didn't seek medical treatment for his Kawasaki's disease, because of their Scientology bs. Yet it wasn't an issue for her to spend 2 years undergoing cancer treatment?

I meant 49, not 47

Something that bothered me is when their son died, they said they didn't seek medical treatment for his Kawasaki's disease, because of their Scientology bs. Yet it wasn't an issue for her to spend 2 years undergoing cancer treatment?

Yep, thought it was odd as well. Then again most of Hollywood is a bunch of weirdos anyway that make practically no sense in the real world.

She was a talented actress tho and I wasn’t even aware she was sick honestly

Yep, thought it was odd as well. Then again most of Hollywood is a bunch of weirdos anyway that make practically no sense in the real world.

She was a talented actress tho and I wasn’t even aware she was sick honestly
I liked her, and didn't know she was sick either. John Travolta said they intentionally kept it quiet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.