• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Celebrities Who Irritate You?

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Is there a celebrity or public personality who really gets on your nerves? Me? I cant stand Mike Greenberg of 'Mike and Mike'. I know, I know, he's a nice guy. I don't doubt it. But he just strikes me as silly, shallow guy and he never ever shuts up. Today, for the gazillionth time, he was going on and on about Mark Sanchez and how he would be proven right when an NFL team makes Sanchez their starter next season. Seriously - who cares? You have a national sports show and all you can think of to discuss is the failed backup QB of a non-playoff team with a Super Bowl a week away? From his metrosexual style to his stubborn insistence on being right no matter what the topic (despite being wrong on nearly every prediction he's ever made - including picking the Colts to win it all this year), he grates like nails on a chalkboard. He is the most needy sports personality I've ever seen... when they decided to give Mike Golic his own 'Ask Golic' segment, it didn't last 5 minutes before Greenberg had inserted 'with garnish of Greenie' to it. If the attention isn't squarely on him, he just cant stand it. Add in his girly-man germaphobia and i just cant stand him.

I'm sure he's a nice man, but his style really wears on me.

What celebrity grates on you or pushes your buttons?

Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber are too obvious, right?

In the vein of the original post, Jim Rome irritates the crap out of me. I can stand about 10 seconds of listening to that creep before I have to change the station/channel.

Seems like we're keeping it Sports, so I'm gonna keep it sports:

* That whole NFL on CBS Crew except for Gumbel (and he's even a little iffy)
* Mike Tirico - what is he WATCHING?!!
* And finally Joe Buck... rhymes with Dumb F**k

Oh... and anyone who's only famous for being on a reality TV show. Fak oof! (so there. not sports).

Last edited:
every time i start typing in an answer I realize that my answer encompasses almost hundreds of celebrities.

i need to think about it a little longer... in general i have celebrities...

I can't stand Tina Fey, and to a lesser extent, her little sidekick Amy Poehler.

I can't stand Tina Fey, and to a lesser extent, her little sidekick Amy Poehler.

Seriously? Tina Fey is awesome, and a UVa grad btw...which when you think about, kind of go hand in hand :)

I'd have to break it down into categories, but there are celebrities I despise in each category.

Athletes
Dick Sherman
Kobe Bryant
Alex Rodriguez

Actors/Actresses
Sean Penn
Gwyneth Paltrow
Alec Baldwin
Tyler Perry

Singers/Musicians
Eddie Vedder
Billie Joe Armstrong
Lady Gaga
Kanye West
Justin Bieber

Famous For No Reason
Kanyone Kwith Kthe Kname Kardashian
Anyone who has ever been on a reality show, and has convinced themselves that makes them a world class superstar.

On a side note, I don't care for Tina Fey either. She's funny, but her sometimes constant desire to vomit her Liberal beliefs into her work is off putting. Amy Poehler though, she's ****ing hilarious.

I don't know if I can't stand Tina Fey, but I've never found her funny. She clearly finds herself funnier than anyone else, which may be the smugness I see that leads me to find her not funny.

In general, I hate the way celebrities are shoved down our throats. I know it's marketing and it's a way to get us to buy their songs, go to their movies, and buy their crap. I get the game, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

In the sports TV world, there is a lot too. Berman, Buck, Simms, Billy Packer (so glad he retired, but seeing old Final Four games reminds me of what a prick he was), Stuart Scott, Colin Cowherd, Linda Cohn (Her voice just hurts my ears). There are others in sports media I don't like, but they aren't considered celebrities, so I won't dignify their names by mentioning them.

Man I'm bitter. I really am a happy person and I love life. But I guess when I think about it, there is a lot I don't like. I just choose to focus on the positive.

Many dislike Richard Sherman and I will not say I like him, but Golden Tate is far worse! I wish I'd had my camera up and going when I witnessed him spit in the face of Redskins' fan last year at the playoff game.

Tom Brady...****ing crybaby! His latest: When asked if he was going to watch the Super Bowl, his response was, "I am not in it, so I am not going to watch it." Some fan of the sport he is!

I don't know El. I actually can understand Brady's comments (and I think you're possibly misinterpreting them). When I heard his comments, what I heard was that to get to the AFC Championship and be a step away from having the chance to win another Super Bowl, and fail, it's ultra painful. I don't really see that being selfish or wrong. It's totally understandable. Just my opinion.

Chris Cooley talked about Bradys comments and he essentially said the same thing. He didn't watch the super bowl when he was a player. He went to one, but otherwise was not interested. He's excited to watch it this year.

When he was a player he'd watch film of it, but not live on TV.

He said it's about the fact that it's a business and that's all you can think about when you're a player. In addition majority of the commentators don't have a clue what they're talking about, they just BS their way through it and as a player it's hard to sit and watch that. It's annoying to them.

Hard to understand in my opinion, but I guess it makes sense.

I know the difference. Just wanted to see if you would respond. :nana:

I was about to as well, she was such a hottie in 'We Got the Beat'.

Kanye, all Kardashians, Bill Maher, lady Gaga....

Edit: dammit, nobody stole some of my answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.