• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

CBA

- 17 game season
- bump up in revenue sharing to 48.8%
- Two additional active roster spots.
- Players can miss as many as five days of the offseason program and still earn the full offseason workout bonus.
Training camp padded practices are limited to 16, down from 28. And padded practices will be limited to 2.5 hours, down from 3.
- If a player can't play in a season after he is injured, he will receive 100 percent of his salary up to $2 million, compared to 50 percent and a maximum of $1.2 million under the old deal. If he can't play two seasons after the injury, he will receive 100 percent of his salary up to $1 million, compared to 30 percent and a maximum of $575,000 under the old deal.
- Retired players will get big benefit increases under the deal, including a boost in pension.
- The "funding rule" is getting a makeover. Under the old agreement, teams had to put into escrow an amount of money equal to the amount of guaranteed money in contracts, minus a $2 million deductible. Under the new CBA, the deductible rises to $15 million (and then up to $17 million for the 2029-30 league years)

The one I do not understand is the active roster spots. I mean adding 2 is good but why not increase it to at least 5. To me having more players employed would benefit both parties

- 17 game season
- bump up in revenue sharing to 48.8%
- Two additional active roster spots.
- Players can miss as many as five days of the offseason program and still earn the full offseason workout bonus.
Training camp padded practices are limited to 16, down from 28. And padded practices will be limited to 2.5 hours, down from 3.
- If a player can't play in a season after he is injured, he will receive 100 percent of his salary up to $2 million, compared to 50 percent and a maximum of $1.2 million under the old deal. If he can't play two seasons after the injury, he will receive 100 percent of his salary up to $1 million, compared to 30 percent and a maximum of $575,000 under the old deal.
- Retired players will get big benefit increases under the deal, including a boost in pension.
- The "funding rule" is getting a makeover. Under the old agreement, teams had to put into escrow an amount of money equal to the amount of guaranteed money in contracts, minus a $2 million deductible. Under the new CBA, the deductible rises to $15 million (and then up to $17 million for the 2029-30 league years)

Thanks very much. I thought I saw something also about somehow reducing preseason ?

The one I do not understand is the active roster spots. I mean adding 2 is good but why not increase it to at least 5. To me having more players employed would benefit both parties
5 players at the average salary of just under a million? That comes out of the owner's pocket.

To combat this, they should remove the ability of teams to rob practice squad players, and allow more players to be suited up on Sundays.

Unless something has changed, they were reducing pre-season to 3 games and adding a 17th regular season game. Everybody wins. Thought I also read that there would be 2 more wildcard teams?

5 players at the average salary of just under a million? That comes out of the owner's pocket.

To combat this, they should remove the ability of teams to rob practice squad players, and allow more players to be suited up on Sundays.

I doubt the owners would object too much having a bountiful roster in exchange for $5M. Expanding game day rosters should have happened years ago.

Agree completely on the practice squad raiding, we’ve lost a few decent players over the years from that. Maybe tie a 7th round comp pick to PS players, where if they’re poached the initial team gets a late pick the following draft.

Unless something has changed, they were reducing pre-season to 3 games and adding a 17th regular season game. Everybody wins. Thought I also read that there would be 2 more wildcard teams?
They have said they could do the extra playoff teams anytime they want, regardless of a new CBA. Pretty sure that's coming next year either way.

I doubt the owners would object too much having a bountiful roster in exchange for $5M. Expanding game day rosters should have happened years ago.

Agree completely on the practice squad raiding, we’ve lost a few decent players over the years from that. Maybe tie a 7th round comp pick to PS players, where if they’re poached the initial team gets a late pick the following draft.
They would if they're now sharing a bigger percentage of the profits...that's even more money coming out of their pockets.

Looks like it passed.... 10 years of "peace".

Or long enough for one of the sides to believe the other has the better part of the deal.

I dont think it can be overstated the effect this will have on free agency in a few days. I think players were going to be hesitant to sign until this got resolved... and now it has. This week is going to be crazy, with some big time contracts handed out.

Give them 2-3 years... the players will be complaining again. Who gets the extra home game, is what I want to know.

Give them 2-3 years... the players will be complaining again. Who gets the extra home game, is what I want to know.

I thought i heard an option was that all teams would play 1 game a year on an international site... London, Canada, Mexico, etc.

I thought i heard an option was that all teams would play 1 game a year on an international site... London, Canada, Mexico, etc.

They should have to play by CFL rules in Canada... :ROFLMAO:

if we could have NFL athletes playing CFL rules, the game would be so wide open. imagine a wider field, way less ground and pound, more open field running and the extra player makes it interesting in scheming, but it would never happen lol.
Btw, in the semipro league I played in, the eastern teams play a combo of NFL and CFL rules, same wide field, but 4 downs and no yard off the ball. so when we played them out east we had to play by their rules, when they came west we played our rules, my team was 50-50 ish in those games but we only won 3 out of 8 national championships we played in because out east they just had so many more players. our first 12 was as good as theirs, but they had depth we never did. the east also started paying players while we were actual amateurs with jobs lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.