Thanks very much. I thought I saw something also about somehow reducing preseason ?- 17 game season
- bump up in revenue sharing to 48.8%
- Two additional active roster spots.
- Players can miss as many as five days of the offseason program and still earn the full offseason workout bonus.
Training camp padded practices are limited to 16, down from 28. And padded practices will be limited to 2.5 hours, down from 3.
- If a player can't play in a season after he is injured, he will receive 100 percent of his salary up to $2 million, compared to 50 percent and a maximum of $1.2 million under the old deal. If he can't play two seasons after the injury, he will receive 100 percent of his salary up to $1 million, compared to 30 percent and a maximum of $575,000 under the old deal.
- Retired players will get big benefit increases under the deal, including a boost in pension.
- The "funding rule" is getting a makeover. Under the old agreement, teams had to put into escrow an amount of money equal to the amount of guaranteed money in contracts, minus a $2 million deductible. Under the new CBA, the deductible rises to $15 million (and then up to $17 million for the 2029-30 league years)
5 players at the average salary of just under a million? That comes out of the owner's pocket.The one I do not understand is the active roster spots. I mean adding 2 is good but why not increase it to at least 5. To me having more players employed would benefit both parties
I doubt the owners would object too much having a bountiful roster in exchange for $5M. Expanding game day rosters should have happened years ago.5 players at the average salary of just under a million? That comes out of the owner's pocket.
To combat this, they should remove the ability of teams to rob practice squad players, and allow more players to be suited up on Sundays.
They have said they could do the extra playoff teams anytime they want, regardless of a new CBA. Pretty sure that's coming next year either way.Unless something has changed, they were reducing pre-season to 3 games and adding a 17th regular season game. Everybody wins. Thought I also read that there would be 2 more wildcard teams?
They would if they're now sharing a bigger percentage of the profits...that's even more money coming out of their pockets.I doubt the owners would object too much having a bountiful roster in exchange for $5M. Expanding game day rosters should have happened years ago.
Agree completely on the practice squad raiding, we’ve lost a few decent players over the years from that. Maybe tie a 7th round comp pick to PS players, where if they’re poached the initial team gets a late pick the following draft.