• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Carson Wentz is a Saint

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
So that’s a characteration, huh? 🤣

Scott must have had breakfast with Thom Loverro.

Incredible the number of fans trashing Jason Wright for his tweets. I’m not a fan of everything he does, but come on, there are lines of decorum and respect you don’t cross. I applaud him for making it clear this kind of an interview doesn’t meet expectations. Ridiculous. I’d have probably responded ‘funny, because I hear your wife is fat and that you are a disappointment in bed’. But that’s just me.

Meanwhile, the "interviewer" illustrates every single thing that is wrong with the modern sports "media" wannabe. He's lucky Wentz IS a pro.

And all the media leaping to his defense is beyond predictable. God forbid you criticize their work.

I'm sorry but i'm not THAT upset about it.

I think he was a little... deliberate in the presentation, but at the same time, THESE are the same questions all the fans are asking. It's not news... and to ask the guy at the center of it, to gauge his mindset isn't necessarily a bad thing. If there is a narrative out there, it's only fair to at least ASK the person how it's an incorrect one.

There absolutely is a level of tact that is missing in the interview. It could have easily been "the history is there, despite your successes... you're on your 3rd team in 3 years.. how is this different?"

There absolutely is a level of tact that is missing in the interview. It could have easily been "the history is there, despite your successes... you're on your 3rd team in 3 years.. how is this different?"

That’s the entire point. He didn’t just ask questions - he declared ‘Philly didn’t want you. Indy didn’t want you’… those aren’t even questions…and beyond unprofessional.

That’s the entire point. He didn’t just ask questions - he declared ‘Philly didn’t want you. Indy didn’t want you’… those aren’t even questions…and beyond unprofessional.

Fair....

I guess i mis-read the anger as the fact that people were only wanting soft-ball questions controlled by the team. I hate that teams control the narrative by restricting access to reporters because they don't like the questions.

That’s a suckers choice though. You can ask ‘tough’ questions without humiliating or disrespecting someone. Or at least some of us can.

For the first time I am really happy Jason is a part of this organization. F that jackass

Kudos to Wentz on how he handled this. There is definitely a lack of professionalism amongst too many media members these days. I think it will only get worse as many of these people have now grown up in a social media world where this type of thing is not only expected but praised. There was a way to ask these questions in a more professional way, but I’m guessing that never crossed his mind. He was going for the likes and retweets.

After watching the entire interview my opinion has changed. Clearly he could have posed a couple of the the questions in a much more professional way but the overall tone and tenor was very different than the clip he chose to post on Twitter, which is pretty much indicative of Twitter specifically and social media in general.

He clearly wanted attention and he got it. I will all but guarantee though that he is pleased with the result.

Wright’s response of publicly flexing his muscle was suspect to me. He both could have and probably should have handled this situation privately. There is always going to be a 50/50 split, at best, to the responses on social media.

I’m sure if Wright could have a do over he’d still have criticized the tone, but left the veiled threat to limit access out. But guess what - these people are human and he was pissed. I think your take is correct Chris and I also get ST’s previous point. The reason I reacted harshly is that this guy posted that part of the interview specifically so he could look like a hard-nosed ‘journalist’ asking ‘tough’ questions.

I’ve criticized Jason Wright at times because he deserves it, but I don’t think this was one of those occasions. I have a problem with rudeness and I’ll go old guy ‘get off my lawn’ here in saying that younger generations have a seeming disregard for respect in general and seem to have trouble communicating in a civil tone. Maybe it’s growing up with social media and open political warfare, but it’s definitely a generational thing.

People want to focus on Jason Wright, but the core issue is a reporter being beyond rude for his own purposes. He should apologize and none of this has anything to do with ‘journalistic integrity’ or anything else.

He absolutely predetermined a spot before hand to create a social media moment for attention. He probably even practiced it in the mirror.

Other than ‘that spot’ I felt that it was a decent interview. Hopefully that characteration is fair. 😉

I’m sure if Wright could have a do over he’d still have criticized the tone, but left the veiled threat to limit access out. But guess what - these people are human and he was pissed. I think your take is correct Chris and I also get ST’s previous point. The reason I reacted harshly is that this guy posted that part of the interview specifically so he could look like a hard-nosed ‘journalist’ asking ‘tough’ questions.

I’ve criticized Jason Wright at times because he deserves it, but I don’t think this was one of those occasions. I have a problem with rudeness and I’ll go old guy ‘get off my lawn’ here in saying that younger generations have a seeming disregard for respect in general and seem to have trouble communicating in a civil tone. Maybe it’s growing up with social media and open political warfare, but it’s definitely a generational thing.

People want to focus on Jason Wright, but the core issue is a reporter being beyond rude for his own purposes. He should apologize and none of this has anything to do with ‘journalistic integrity’ or anything else.

I agree with all of that.

1. I think the tone of the question was unnecessarily aggressive and degrading. Wentz says he's not listening to the noise... but i'm sure he hears it.... hell, he lived it.

2. I think it's a dangerous practice for Jason Wright to be threatening access limitations because of point 1, and more-so doing it publicly on social media. There is a level of taking the high road that this organization has failed to maintain... even since Wright has taken his position. Take Jason Wright's name off that tweet and put Dan Snyder on it, and we're all saying "welp, Dan Snyder hasn't changed."

Am I the only one who thought Jason was right for what he did?

People just feel they can say whatever they want nowadays and it doesn't matter if it's rude or not. He seems to be letting not just that guy, but anyone paying attention that he won't tolerate trolls or people disrespecting his guys.

Personally, I love it. I wish more people kicked journalists out of places so they'd learn to ask things in a polite manner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.