• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Predictions, Evals, Questions, 2019 Season

That hit ruined LaRon Landry in the NFL.

As Fear said, Jacobs used to give us problems on game day. Knowing what we do now it`s kinda funny watching him smash Landry, to me anyways.

I`d love for the skins to draft a big bruiser or two for the ground game

We are down to two more grades/evals entries before it is history. Next fall, I will have a similar type of inseason article chain on Riggo's Rag each week during the season and the playoffs - it that occurs.

I will get the offseason blog started here in a couple of weeks and spend the month of January transitioning it to the Rag. It will look similar to the blog, but it will be in article form each week. I will do the same for player evals in June and July. I won't be able to cover training camp as I did the last two years, but there will be plenty of articles.

Before I forget...
The owners here gave me a bit of latitude with something I informally called "Burner's Burning Questions". It would flop or succeed. You could've rejected it, but the response was solid and it grew. I was given "Blogger" status. Then it came with graphics of its own and the popularity increased.

Then it was "Expert" status and it was advertised on social media. I had no idea that it could go so well. There is only one reason why all of this has happened. YOU. Each and everyone one of you. I did this each year for the membership at BGO. I had the time and desire to do this blog. Together, we made something special out of it.

Then an offer came to me - writing for Last Word on Sports. Then it was on to Riggo's Rag (owned by FanSided and Time, Inc.). Because of my work here, this is what I'm able to do going forward. As a result, several members of the Redskins media follow me on twitter. Several former Redskins follow me. Many fans follow me. And several members of the DC media (non-sports related). I could never dream that it would grow as it has and it still humbles me.

All of this was made possible because of my life at BGO. I hope you stay connected with me through social media and will comment often on the articles at Riggo's Rag. Until then, we have more work to do here at BGO. See you as we go along.

That's so cool BB and considering your efforts it's well deserved!

Taking a peek at a few mock draft sites to include Fox, Sporting News, Walter football, News Day, Fansided, 24/7 sports, CBS Sports, etc & EVERY single one has us taking Chase Young @#2

Taking a peek at a few mock draft sites to include Fox, Sporting News, Walter football, News Day, Fansided, 24/7 sports, CBS Sports, etc & EVERY single one has us taking Chase Young @#2

At this point, he's the obvious pick. Once the coach and FO structure is set, the combine, pro day, and all the rest is set, we will have a better idea if it's still Young or if someone else has emerged.

At this point, he's the obvious pick. Once the coach and FO structure is set, the combine, pro day, and all the rest is set, we will have a better idea if it's still Young or if someone else has emerged.

I hear ya, even though he's not at a position of need for us he and Sweat would solidify the ends in our presumed 4-3 switch. Throw in our new HC is defense minded and it's pretty much a done deal.

My hope anyway is that there's a team out there that's so in love with him that we can steal their picks Herchel Walker style and get busy.

So if they're the ends in a 4-3, then who's the odd man out between Allen, Payne, and Ioan ?
Hard to imagine any of those studs getting demoted to situational or rotational player.
And then there's Settle, too

So if they're the ends in a 4-3, then who's the odd man out between Allen, Payne, and Ioan ?
Hard to imagine any of those studs getting demoted to situational or rotational player.
And then there's Settle, too

We'd have one helluva d-line rotation, close to tops but yeah that would leave lots of talent on the sideline on a given play. I'd be more worried about waiting until the 3rd to find a LT though

With a new regime now I'd bet Kerrigan and a few others will no longer be with the team on opening day. Kerrigan was a soldier without a doubt but it's about time to friend zone him.

If the Redskins draft Chase Young they do so with the idea the defense will be built around him.

Young is considered a generational talent and what is good for him may not be good for Kerrigan or others.

Trades and releases will be made.

New players will be brought in.

Why am I the only person who thinks maybe Young's stock should have dropped just a little, after the Clemson game the other night ?

I saw a lot of folks mentioning that he didn't look like a ‘generational talent' in his last 2 starts. I have no idea if we should take him with the 2nd pick or not. I will say this. When you possess the #2 pick in the draft I feel strongly you have to pick an every down player. Is Young going to be one of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I saw a lot of folks mentioning that he didn't look like a ‘generational talent' in his last 2 starts. I have no idea if we should take him with the 2nd pick or not. I will say this. When you possess the #2 pick in the draft I feel strongly you have to pick an every down player. Is Young going to be one of those?

My impression is he's not every down, but I could be wrong.
And as far as that requirement, I think if the player is not every-down, they should be able to compensate for that, with greater talent on the downs they do play. So me, I would look at it as their overall impact on the game, rather than certain downs. However I just don't see him as being that level. I think a lot of people will be disappointed.

Too bad he can't play LB.

Or can he?

He's a DE and that's it.

As for those questioning him, he was absent in the Big 10 Championship, and was ok in the Bowl game. But is legitimate talent. You cannot discount someone who has 16.5 sacks in just 9 games. He is a great talent, homegrown in PG County, MD.

I just happen to think we should trade "if" we can.

Final 2019 season grades/evals coming on Thursday.

Shortly thereafter, we will have the new offseason thread started. I've already explained how all of that will unfold.

Happy New Year, everyone.

And now the cat is out of the bag.

The inseason and offseason threads will continue. My work at Riggo's Rag will continue.

Let's roll up our sleeves and get to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.