• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)

Being sneaky staying away from defensive guys it seems.

Just added another name to the list (on the previous page) - a DE that met with the Redskins earlier this evening.

I want Christian McCaffrey or Dalvin Cook in B&G.

Too bad we need DL more.

I don't rule out Cook, but he is not the kind of back that McCloughan prefers.

Hard to get a handle on McCaffrey. If he falls to our spot in the second round, it's a possibility.

I don't rule out Cook, but he is not the kind of back that McCloughan prefers.

Hard to get a handle on McCaffrey. If he falls to our spot in the second round, it's a possibility.

He's not falling. I would not be opposed to a first round trade down and pickup McCaffrey in the early 20's. We'd have to get good value out of the trade, though. That kid is gonna be a long time, productive pro.

Cook is a great blocking back, a great receiver out of the backfield, he can run in between the tackles and around the edge. He is an all around back, as good as I've seen in a long time. His only rub is that he took a beating as the FSU work horse. He played injured all last year.

Not sure if this is the place to ask...what is the status of Crowder? Do we still have him under contract and if so any rumblings as to him not being kept?

Crowder is still on his rookie contract, he's not going anywhere.

I get all the hype about this year's RB class - but we need D help, not RBs. If they want to take a flyer on someone 4th round or later, I'm okay with it - but if there's one thing we know, it's that a great RB (even a top 5 RB) does not equate to wins the way a QB does (just ask Minnesota). We are in solid shape with Kelley, Thompson, Jones, and Mack Brown. It's not even close to being a critical need.

I understand McCloughan is a BPA guy, but at some point you have to give the other side of the ball some help - particularly with a new DC in place. I'll be fine if we don't select any RBs this time around.

I'd love me some Dalvin but there are far, far greater needs elsewhere.

Totally agree with you Boone. I'll be the first to admit I don't follow the draft class before draft day but I really want us to go for helping out the defense rather than necessarily go for BPA...unless it's in the later rounds and there's a diamond in the rough...but our first several round picks really need to be defense.

Yep, it's been way too long since we invested a first or even a second or third on a D Lineman. I guess you could sort of count the linebackers who are defacto DEs the way we use them, but I would love to beef up the line.

I get all the hype about this year's RB class - but we need D help, not RBs. If they want to take a flyer on someone 4th round or later, I'm okay with it - but if there's one thing we know, it's that a great RB (even a top 5 RB) does not equate to wins the way a QB does (just ask Minnesota). We are in solid shape with Kelley, Thompson, Jones, and Mack Brown. It's not even close to being a critical need.

I understand McCloughan is a BPA guy, but at some point you have to give the other side of the ball some help - particularly with a new DC in place. I'll be fine if we don't select any RBs this time around.

I agree with the amount of help we need elsewhere, it could be foolish to select the RB position in the 1st round, but McCaffrey is going to make some team very happy. We will be watching him for years to come wishing he were here. I would say the same about Cook, but I am afraid Jimbo Fisher exhausted that workhorse.

Yep, it's been way too long since we invested a first or even a second or third on a D Lineman. I guess you could sort of count the linebackers who are defacto DEs the way we use them, but I would love to beef up the line.

What?

In 4 out of the last 5 drafts we've drafted DL/DE 4 times in the 1st and second rounds. Jenkins, Kerrigan, Murphy, and Smith, but yeah...long time since we've done that.

I agree with the amount of help we need elsewhere, it could be foolish to select the RB position in the 1st round, but McCaffrey is going to make some team very happy. We will be watching him for years to come wishing he were here. I would say the same about Cook, but I am afraid Jimbo Fisher exhausted that workhorse.

I don't know that BPA isn't the right way to go in terms of long-term success. Just not sure I have the stomach for it. And that approach requires someone who can actually determine 'best player' :) Take McCloughan out of the equation and I'm not sure we have that - and going BPA without really good talent evaluation is a recipe for disaster.

What?

In 4 out of the last 5 drafts we've drafted DL/DE 4 times in the 1st and second rounds. Jenkins, Kerrigan, Murphy, and Smith, but yeah...long time since we've done that.

The last three all specifically drafted to be OLBs.

C'mon man.........

The last three all specifically drafted to be OLBs.

C'mon man.........

The defense we run, they are almost exclusively down lineman. When drafted, they were DL.

What?

Technically, those are all linebackers.

Technically, those are all linebackers.

OK, tell me how many times they line up on the L.O.S. in a game and tell me their LB's...when drafted out of college, all of them were considered DL/DE.

I hear ya. I'm still right. lol. We haven't drafted a pure DL high in a long time. Not nose. Not DE. We have drafted a bunch of LBs that we line up at end is a faux 4-3 alignment, but that's not exactly the same.

With Gruden's disdain for the running game, drafting Jim Brown would be a waste.

But BPA, every day, is the only way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.