• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions – Offseason Edition, Free Agency

BB, Just wanted to thank you for all the hard work that you do to keep us updated for all of this! You are an awesome person for doing that!

Jake Russell ‏@_JakeRussell
The #Redskins have re-signed nose tackle Chris Baker to a one-year, $1.3 million right-of-first-refusal tender according to @granthpaulsen.

@john_keim: Not really surprising, but a league source says KR/PR Brandon Banks will NOT be returning to the #Redskins

Any thoughts of the surprise presser with both Shanny and Bruce at 4:30 they just announced?

mushroom-cloud.jpg

Jake Russell ‏@_JakeRussell
The #Redskins have re-signed nose tackle Chris Baker to a one-year, $1.3 million right-of-first-refusal tender according to @granthpaulsen.

That's cool, I thought we all saw some flashes of Baker's potential at times. I'm glad they're gonna have a chance to check him out a little more. Putting money on the books THIS YEAR for him is pretty telling that they think he can contribute, no?

BB, Just wanted to thank you for all the hard work that you do to keep us updated for all of this! You are an awesome person for doing that!

Thanks for the kind words. It's part of the job that I do here. Om and Boone issue the miniscule paychecks. Neophyte and Henry enforce the workplace - heavily handed I might add. :)

Any thoughts of the surprise presser with both Shanny and Bruce at 4:30 they just announced?

Yes, that is included with this mid day update...

Chris Baker tendered. First right of refusal at $1.3 Mil.

Brandon Banks will not be tendered.

Press conference with Shanahan and Allen today. Last PC they had for FA was three years ago when several vets were released.

Cutting Moss, Hall, and Carriker saves about $16.5 Mil. Those are expected. Don't be surprised if all three sign new contracts. There could be an additional surprise or two as well. More to come as we go along.

And thanks to everyone for posting updates throughout the morning.

I agree, but there was something that happened in the Atlanta game. Cousins tossed a 77 yd. TD pass to Moss. There was a coverage breakdown and Moss had a clear path to the end zone - no one within thirty yards of him. Moss went at full speed after the catch and it was obvious that anyone within ten yards could make the tackle.

A few years ago, Moss runs away from the defender with just a step or two needed. Perhaps it is time, but I sure will miss him if this is truly a parting of the ways. He'll catch on somewhere, but after another year or two, I hope he retires as a Redskin and can take a job with the team in some capacity.

Hall played well - here and there.
Hall was pretty good - compared to the rest of the people on our roster.

But he's still not a top NFL DB and I have a hard time justifying the amount of money we paid him with his play.

If they can bring him back for cheap I'll be happy, we could really use that. If not I wont miss him.

It's a shame, he could have meant a lot more to the franchise if he adjusted a just a couple of things.

word on the twitter is it removes 8 million from the salary for the year. I believe we were already over by 4? Means we're under by 4, although I'm not sure what the latest signings over the last few days does - might mean we're at, or still over, even.

edit: hey, then someone posts what you need. according to rich tandler:
with baker tender and hall release estimates put redskins a little less than 1 million under the cap.

word on the twitter is it removes 8 million from the salary for the year. I believe we were already over by 4? Means we're under by 4, although I'm not sure what the latest signings over the last few days does - might mean we're at, or still over, even.

edit: hey, then someone posts what you need. according to rich tandler:
with baker tender and hall release estimates put redskins a little less than 1 million under the cap.

The beauty of Twitter. :)

DHall had a chance to take a pay cut - negotiated over three days - but did not take it. He will not be back.

DHall had a chance to take a pay cut - negotiated over three days - but did not take it. He will not be back.

I wouldn't count him out just yet...I think he may find the market for his services is smaller than he and his agent think it is.

Letting Hall and Banks go are the right moves. Folks supposedly 'in the know' elsewhere predicted Hall would stay - but his inconsistency was the reason I felt this was inevitable.

Letting Hall and Banks go are the right moves. Folks supposedly 'in the know' elsewhere predicted Hall would stay - but his inconsistency was the reason I felt this was inevitable.

I felt it was his $9M cap hit that made this inevitable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.