• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions – Offseason Edition, Free Agency

Old news, just getting finalized recently.
Some local airwaves got a kick out of Davis's self lawyership back then.
Seems they both lawyered up this round.
They got another kick out of it this week. Then stuff Davis says in court is more absurd than the situation itself.

A little late...all the good CBs are off the market. Smith, Cox, Toler, etc.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980
If only 'sources' would help media out. MT @bigbaby12345: @Russellmania980 GOT HIM! My sources say Talib to the skins 3yrs inside RP source

****This was posted by someone I have no idea on whether he is reliable or not.

Not reliable.

However...

Talib to DC is looking a little more likely at this hour.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
March 15, 2013

REDSKINS RE-SIGN LB BRYAN KEHL

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed unrestricted free agent linebacker Bryan Kehl (KEEL). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Kehl (6-2, 244) was originally selected by the New York Giants in the fourth round (123rd overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Brigham Young. He has appeared in 67 career games with five starts in five NFL seasons, and recorded 76 tackles, one interception, one sack, two fumbles recovered and a pass defensed, according to STATS, LLC.

Last season, Kehl appeared in eight combined games with the Kansas City Chiefs and the Redskins. He spent the 2012 preseason with the Redskins, compiling a team-high 17 tackles (seven solo) with three passes defensed, two sacks and an interception. He was released by the Redskins on Aug. 31, 2012, before signing with the Chiefs on Oct. 3. Kehl appeared in three games with Kansas City before being waived on Nov. 27, and being claimed off waivers by the Redskins a day later. He appeared in five regular season games and one postseason game for the Redskins, registering eight special teams tackles according to coaches’ film.

Kehl, 28, played collegiately at BYU where he played in 48 games with 26 starts. He amassed 205 tackles (108 solo), seven sacks, 20.5 stops for losses, two forced fumbles and three fumbles recovered. He also recorded three interceptions, including one interception return for touchdown. As a senior in 2007, he started all 13 games at weakside linebacker and served as team captain, eventually being tabbed as an All-Mountain West Conference first team selection as well as earning Academic All-MWC honors.

Kehl was born on June 16, 1984. He attended Brighton High School in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.

because we don't have a first round pick the pool will be smaller.

I didn't see where Trent had restructured. Good news for our ability to field a 53 man team come September :)

The Patriots gave up a #4 pick to acquire Talib last season from the Bucs. My guess is now that Bellichick feels he saw enough of the CB to know he can play his scheme, it will be difficult to pry him away from NE.

NE has a ceiling on what they are willing to pay, but due to the cap the Redskins do to.

If this is going to happen its time for Schaffer and the front office to find a way to blunt that hit on the first year of an extended deal and still match the up front money.

Burner’s Burning Questions – Offseason Edition, Free Agency – Part Eight

The new NFL year is here and in this eighth and final installment of the FA offseason edition of BBQ, we give you our continuing analysis of free agency. Once again, the cap limitations that were placed on the Redskins in 2012 will affect them in 2013 as well. BBQ is going under the assumption that none of the money will be recovered and has taken a look at how the FA period could unfold. This will be the final version of BBQ FA for 2013. As the offseason continues, we will periodically take a look at the free agent situation when warranted. We now turn our attention to the draft and BBQ will have constant updates as needed for that thread.

Q1: Who has been re-signed?
Kory Lichtensteiger
Rob Jackson
Darrel Young
Logan Paulsen
Nick Sundberg
Chris Baker
Sav Rocca
Kedric Golston
Bryan Kehl
Tyler Polumbus
Fred Davis
DeAngelo Hall
Rex Grossman
Santana Moss - restructure
Adam Carriker – restructure
Brandon Meriweather - restructure

Q2: Who are the new free agents?
Phillip Merling
Ron Brace
Tony Pashos
Jeremy Trueblood
E.J. Biggers
Darryl Tapp
Pat White
Ike Williams

Q3: Who has been released?
Jammal Brown (contract voided)
Brandon Banks
DeAngelo Hall

Q4: Who are the pending free agents for the Redskins and of those players, who should stay and who should walk?
Answer: Here is the list with suggestions. Feel free to give your thoughts on who should stay and who should go.

Tackle: Jordan Black – Walk. He saw little time on the field this season and was also suspended.
Safety: Madieu Williams – Walk. Simply put, he is a liability in all facets of the game and should not return.
Outside Linebacker: Chris Wilson – Walk. His contributions over the years are certainly appreciated, but it is time to move on.
Cornerback: Cedric Griffin – Keep. Started the season poorly, but rebounded somewhat. Changed from walk – the team prefers to have Griffin back.

Q5: Who could be released for cap savings purposes in this new offseason? BBQ provides a list. Provide your ideas on who should go.

Answer:
Dezmon Briscoe. Had no impact in his one season here.
Cap savings: $630,000
Tanard Jackson. Jackson came with a “buyer beware” tag and he chose to take that horrible path.
Cap Savings: $700,000

Keiland Williams. Returning RBs makes him expendable.
Cap savings: $630,000

Q6: Which players could be candidates for restructuring contracts to save cap space? Also, which players do you believe deserve an extension – for cap savings and keeping them on the team?

Answer:
Stephen Bowen: 2013 Cap, $5.5 Million.
Chris Chester: 2013 Cap, $4.3 Million.
Barry Cofield: 2013 Cap, $6.3 Million.
London Fletcher: 2013 Cap, $6.2 Million.
Pierre Garcon: 2013 Cap, $8.2 Million.
Josh Wilson: 2013 Cap, $5.3 Million.
Josh Morgan: 2013 Cap, $5.1 Million.
Brian Orakpo: 2013 Cap, $5.1 Million.
Trent Williams: 2013 Cap, $8.0 Million.
These players are prime candidates for restructuring and extensions. BBQ would like to see extensions for Fletcher, Morgan, Orakpo, Williams, and Wilson. BBQ would like to see restructures for Bowen and Cofield.

Q7: Which free agents from other teams could be targets of the Redskins?
Answer: There are some good prospects for the Redskins to consider – if they become available.

Cornerback:
1. Unknown – It should be obvious to all football fans that the Redskins need and want a CB. Stay tuned. The only remaining question is if Biggers is the only FA choice or if the position is addressed in the draft.
Safety:
1. Corey Lynch – An underrated safety who would do well in Washington. Also a special teams ace.

Last edited:
DHall has returned on a one year deal.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. Hall's taking what amounts to a $6M paycut to come back. Will he have a chip on his shoulder or will he have an issue with losing that much but still expected to play at the level he did last year when he was paid more? That worries me a bit. I know these guys are supposed to be pros but sometimes human nature gets in the way.

Are there thoughts of moving him to FS while still pursuing Winfield? Could signing Winfield mean they have to cut Josh Wilson?

Could get VERY interesting.....

BB - I see you list Fletcher as a candidate to be restructured, and even go further to say you'd like to see him restructured with an extension.

Why?

Look - I love fletcher. He's been a bright spot on a team that otherwise was hard to root for for years. I, personally, think he's HOF worthy - I know many disagree with me.

But he's getting old. His body is starting to break down. I say that because he's having injuries after once being one of the top consecutive game starters in history (i think?)

Don't you think it's about time to move past Fletcher? I, personally, would like to see him become a LB coach next year because I think he's that smart and has that much to offer to the team. I just don't know how I feel about giving him an extension...

Not quite sure how I feel about this. Hall's taking what amounts to a $6M paycut to come back. Will he have a chip on his shoulder or will he have an issue with losing that much but still expected to play at the level he did last year when he was paid more? That worries me a bit. I know these guys are supposed to be pros but sometimes human nature gets in the way.

Are there thoughts of moving him to FS while still pursuing Winfield? Could signing Winfield mean they have to cut Josh Wilson?

Could get VERY interesting.....

That's the very thing that worried me about him coming back. He's never not been paid well. He always had a monster salary and I don't believe that he has the kind of ego that he can just check like luggage. I just don't like his character or his diminishing skill set. It's no secret I wanted him gone and to stay gone but we had a glaring need and honestly still do. Maybe some better safety play will make it all work out, but that's a big maybe.

Redskins have signed Ike Williams, former RB from Baylor.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl7kzXfENE[/media]

Nothing to see here. Not impressed and he carries the ball like a loaf of bread.

Eh. Need bodies for camp. Why not throw a bone to your star qb's buddy. He gets paid and can put something on tape in preseason. You get a tackling dummy trying his best to show he's more than that.

Not every signing is worth analyzing :) See how he does in preseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.