• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bryan Flores lawsuit

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Quick thoughts on this ...

- As noted elsewhere, Flores has cojones. He may well never get another head coaching opportunity in the NFL, and he had to know this, but he pulled the trigger anyway.

- The BIGGEST story here is going to revolve around whether or not the owner of an NFL team actually offered to pay his head coach a $100k per-game bonus to lose. Think about the ramifications.

- I admit it. I was pleasantly surprised the WFT Commanders weren't named ...

If the allegations are true and can be proven then criminal charges could be brought.

Legal bettors would be victims of match fixing.

Reactions: Om
Yep.

Also, an NFL franchise is going to be up for sale.

Watching Mike Greenberg's show ... Flores is on. He and his lawyer saying that "other NFL coaches" have reached out to them saying they too have been approached by their employers about incentivizing the loss of games.

Methinks this one's gonna blow up.

I hope they have proof.

I really hope some of that proof points at Daniel Snyder.

People are surprised at tanking behind closed doors? The logic for the GM and owner is simple. No superstars, no fans in the stand. It's Mario Lemieux logic. The Penguins were about to expire and the needed a savior. He was that guy. Then when they were about to die again, a closed-door "lottery" somehow was fortunate enough to have Crosby be a Penguin. The time, Lemieux the owner was pulling strings.

Shit, Judge trotting out that "surrender" formation was damn suggestive of tanking.

And as it stands, Joe Burrow was definitely a QB worth tanking for.

Also, I suspect Belichick has some beef with each of the teams listed. Dolphins are rivals, Broncos might get Rodgers and become a threat in the playoffs, and the Giants robbed him of two Super Bowls. It is unlikely that text was an accident. Shit, the two Brians and Bill might have been laughing in a private Zoom call about the pending ramifications.

I am not surprised at the tanking. I’m surprised that an owner would pay the head coach a bonus for tanking.

Nothing about this league surprises me anymore. It is corrupt to the core.

I hope they have proof.

I really hope some of that proof points at Daniel Snyder.

Is that really possible? I don't think the Redskins WFT Commanders team has had a minority head coach until Rivera and I think he already had some quotes implying that he didn't have anything to share about his time here. Snyder is the classic cockroach, outlasting everyone.

Is that really possible? I don't think the Redskins WFT Commanders team has had a minority head coach until Rivera and I think he already had some quotes implying that he didn't have anything to share about his time here. Snyder is the classic cockroach, outlasting everyone.

I was referencing the pay for losing aspect. Though, in actuality, Dan’s teams have accomplished that without financial incentive.

Reactions: Om
I'm starting to think this entire lawsuit is more fluff than substance, but a wanted distraction in the press to drown out coverage of the Washington scandal. In short, it's a red herring. Have the predators go after this target so they(NFL) stay safe.

I suspect Flores was promised a soft landing to file suit.

I don't believe Belichick made a "mistake" giving that fodder text.

I don't believe the Maras or the Giants GM have super loose tongues with Belichick about who they are hiring unless they want Belichick to hear it.

Flores in actuality, probably had no desire to work with Daniel freaking Jones.

Broncos probably have Josh McDaniels PTSD. They, like everyone else, probably saw Bill O'Brien nuke the Texans. If Flores was denied a job, it's because the tree he comes from has a history of toxicity and team destruction.

Last edited:
Sounds kind of crazy SCP. Sometimes, the simplest explanation is the right one.

The NFL is run by a bunch of megarich white guys who are inherently biased against the idea of black coaching and GM candidates.

Flores just experienced this first-hand and is willing to become a pariah to out what really goes on for black candidates.

And the NFL denies is all within hours of his lawsuit being made public.

That sounds a lot more realistic than some vast, complicated conspiracy.

Sounds kind of crazy SCP. Sometimes, the simplest explanation is the right one.

The NFL is run by a bunch of megarich white guys who are inherently biased against the idea of black coaching and GM candidates.

Flores just experienced this first-hand and is willing to become a pariah to out what really goes on for black candidates.

And the NFL denies is all within hours of his lawsuit being made public.

That sounds a lot more realistic than some vast, complicated conspiracy.
In law, Occam's Razor is nothing more than a joke.

Shit, I have criminal filings literally stating one dude broke into my house when it was his buddy that was unidentified. Three people in total, but only two charged. These two will likely plea guilty and that the legal "fact" despite guy #3, caught on video, and in obviously different clothing being the actual one breaking and entering. The cops, states attorney, and "defendants" are all going to say the official story is that one of the two broke in, and guy #3, the actual perp, becomes the phantom that no one but people who see the video footage.

Belichick doesn't make mistakes with regards to communications. If a player of the Pats accidentally sent a text to the wrong "Adam" or "Ian", you can bet that player is getting his ass cut.
Then the Giants top dogs blabbering about who they are going to hire to Belichick like he's a part of the organization.
Furthermore, only few coaches can truly be qualified to even try a reclamation project of saving Daniel Jones' career. If the reports of Tua and Flores not getting along are true, that is a strike against Flores' qualifications.

It's cutting off limbs to save, not spite, the torso. The old head coach spiel is repetitive and manageable for the league; there is no way a "Montreal Canadiens"-like approach of hiring GMs and coaches based strictly on some feature(language for them, skin color if it was for NFL coaches) is going to be adopted . The Washington scandal terrifies them so much they will not release a single page about it.

And despite setting off the press and occupying numerous news segments, the press has been careful to not utter Nick Sirianni's name, in contrast with the news cycle last year, where he was put on the cross for being a "privileged" hire not based on merit. Not too hard for them to bring him up again, although they would look idiotic if they did.

The Pro Bowl is hysterical .The effort or lack thereof is probably making Sean Taylor turn over in his grave

Having read through the whole lawsuit, it seems like it is indeed more bark than bite.

Flores is attempting to have it be certified as a class action suit. There are a few legal matters to hammer out before it can reach that point. The league would probably argue, imo, that they can list all the potential member in the class of Black coaches, for one. The other is that the circumstances that led to a departure, etc are not equal .

He asserts section 1981 has been violated by the teams. Violations of that law requires a "but-for" standard with regards to discrimination. That race alone plays a factor.

He lists the Giants, Broncos, and Dolphins individually, the other 29 teams, and the NFL.

The decision was a unanimous one by the Supreme Court.

Flores also filed with EOCC in preparation of filing a Title VII lawsuit as well in the future. This law covers more violations than section 1981, but there are differences in payout($300,000), statute of limitations, etc.

The most the NFL has to fear is the discovery process. Where maybe some internal documents get leaked out. But since each individual team is accused, there are many arguments to be made other whether they should even be defendants.

If class action certification fails, there's a good chance the case gets dismissed and Flores has the option of suing the Giants, Broncos, and Dolphins in their respective state courts. If it was mano-on-mano, him vs the organizations, I see no violations he can seriously prove.

Ultimately, a mostly frivolous lawsuit that conveniently drowns out coverage of far more damaging information to the league. Giants front office having loose tongues with Bill Belichick. Belichick making a "mistake", and in only a week after the text by Belichick, a suit is already filed. Lawyer hunting isn't that convenient. You might go to at least a couple consultations to see which one sells themselves better, they also have to make time to meet you. The date he actually retained Wigdor is something we'll never know, but it's 58 pages in less than 6 days at most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.