• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Brutus the Croc photoshopped?

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
A photo published earlier this week in a regional Australian newspaper is now being accused of being photoshopped. The photo of Brutus, the 5.5 metre monster croc, is being alleged to be fake, but photo experts seem to think differently.

Photo experts take a look at Brutus

Monster_jumping_croc_316.jpg

What are the opinions of those here, particularly those who see themselves as photographers. BTW, I also know the person who took this photo, and she has been a top notch photog long before PS was first written.

It looks photoshopped to me - the first piece of evidence to suggest that is there is an enormous crocodile jumping out of the water right next to these people and not one of them seems the slightest bit alarmed. Also, it appears that he has a small wake; an animal that big, coming out of the water that much would take a lot of effort, and the water would be a lot more disturbed (IMO). I think there was something smaller coming out of the water in the original picture, and they put this croc in there instead.

Those on the boat expect this to happen as that is what the boat cruise is for, to feed the crocs. I've been on this cruise, albeit quite some time ago, and you'd be surprised how easy the crocs can leap that high. Often, they would just swim alongside the boat and wait for the meat to be hung out, then they just reach up without much effort. In the above instance, he only has to go up a couple of feet. That's just like a human standing up.

Here's the same croc, but on a different cruise the next day.
197111.jpg

Here's two fighting over the same chunk of meat.
197041.jpg

Is this PS'd as well?
197091.jpg

That's what happens when they are a protected species. You can shoot pigs, ducks, buffalo and rabbits, but can't shoot crocodiles. At 5.5metres (18 feet), they don't get much bigger than that in the wild, maybe the occasional one, but they are soon 're-located' as they tend to dominate anything and everything in the area.

Let us know when it is confirmed or debunked. I've looked at it a number of times and can't tell if it is real or not.

Can't wait to see what happens when the crocs/croc in this river decides the measly scraps dangling from the boat are not enough and 'ole Brutus or one of the others decides that a passenger would make a more filling meal.

Can you imagine the insurance rates on a boat like that? That must be a pricey tour!

Can't wait to see what happens when the crocs/croc in this river decides the measly scraps dangling from the boat are not enough and 'ole Brutus or one of the others decides that a passenger would make a more filling meal.

Can you imagine the insurance rates on a boat like that? That must be a pricey tour!

What scared me is that they said Brutus wasn't the biggest kid on the block so to speak.

That really is something out of a monster movie. Just crazy, but kind of cool. Saw this on tv this morning and it was pretty wild. If I were feeding it I think I'd want a longer pole.

Don't we all burgold, don't we all...

On a serious note - anyone know what the max limit on a crocodile is in terms of size? The one above isn't too far away from looking like that photoshopped 'Great White taking down a helicopter' shot from a few years ago. If that beast wanted to take down that boat - I have no doubt, he could do it.

Of course, he'd have to find another source for his chicken wings :)

Thanks. Just found this place. Curious what it's about. Definitely some names that I remember... and miss.

It's a great community, brother. Boone aside.

:)

Take a look around and have fun. Normally, we're very civil. Just not in the Political Asylum.

Hey, other than the coonskin cap, Daniel Boone was a great American.

if that croc is real man its huge

Picture not necessarily related.

croc.jpg

...no... wait... yes it is!

On another note - anone know how to resize these damn things..? The pic, not the croc...

The thing I love about the picture is if you'll notice the croc's missing one of his front legs. He must be one tough ornery sonofabitch to have lived long enough to get that big, losing a leg in the process.

BTW, shouldn't the proper response to that picture be "Crikey!"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.