• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Brutus the Croc photoshopped?

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score

A photo published earlier this week in a regional Australian newspaper is now being accused of being photoshopped. The photo of Brutus, the 5.5 metre monster croc, is being alleged to be fake, but photo experts seem to think differently.

Photo experts take a look at Brutus

What are the opinions of those here, particularly those who see themselves as photographers. BTW, I also know the person who took this photo, and she has been a top notch photog long before PS was first written.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

It looks photoshopped to me - the first piece of evidence to suggest that is there is an enormous crocodile jumping out of the water right next to these people and not one of them seems the slightest bit alarmed. Also, it appears that he has a small wake; an animal that big, coming out of the water that much would take a lot of effort, and the water would be a lot more disturbed (IMO). I think there was something smaller coming out of the water in the original picture, and they put this croc in there instead.

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Those on the boat expect this to happen as that is what the boat cruise is for, to feed the crocs. I've been on this cruise, albeit quite some time ago, and you'd be surprised how easy the crocs can leap that high. Often, they would just swim alongside the boat and wait for the meat to be hung out, then they just reach up without much effort. In the above instance, he only has to go up a couple of feet. That's just like a human standing up.

Here's the same croc, but on a different cruise the next day.

Here's two fighting over the same chunk of meat.

Is this PS'd as well?

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score

That's what happens when they are a protected species. You can shoot pigs, ducks, buffalo and rabbits, but can't shoot crocodiles. At 5.5metres (18 feet), they don't get much bigger than that in the wild, maybe the occasional one, but they are soon 're-located' as they tend to dominate anything and everything in the area.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Let us know when it is confirmed or debunked. I've looked at it a number of times and can't tell if it is real or not.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Can't wait to see what happens when the crocs/croc in this river decides the measly scraps dangling from the boat are not enough and 'ole Brutus or one of the others decides that a passenger would make a more filling meal.

Can you imagine the insurance rates on a boat like that? That must be a pricey tour!

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Can't wait to see what happens when the crocs/croc in this river decides the measly scraps dangling from the boat are not enough and 'ole Brutus or one of the others decides that a passenger would make a more filling meal.

Can you imagine the insurance rates on a boat like that? That must be a pricey tour!
What scared me is that they said Brutus wasn't the biggest kid on the block so to speak.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

That really is something out of a monster movie. Just crazy, but kind of cool. Saw this on tv this morning and it was pretty wild. If I were feeding it I think I'd want a longer pole.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Don't we all burgold, don't we all...

On a serious note - anyone know what the max limit on a crocodile is in terms of size? The one above isn't too far away from looking like that photoshopped 'Great White taking down a helicopter' shot from a few years ago. If that beast wanted to take down that boat - I have no doubt, he could do it.

Of course, he'd have to find another source for his chicken wings :)

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Thanks. Just found this place. Curious what it's about. Definitely some names that I remember... and miss.

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

It's a great community, brother. Boone aside.

:)

Take a look around and have fun. Normally, we're very civil. Just not in the Political Asylum.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Hey, other than the coonskin cap, Daniel Boone was a great American.

Dik Shuttle

The UDFA
Reaction score

Miami

Picture not necessarily related.

...no... wait... yes it is!

On another note - anone know how to resize these damn things..? The pic, not the croc...

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

The thing I love about the picture is if you'll notice the croc's missing one of his front legs. He must be one tough ornery sonofabitch to have lived long enough to get that big, losing a leg in the process.

BTW, shouldn't the proper response to that picture be "Crikey!"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0