• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce Allen Official Statement on Cousins Offer

That's why I put it in quotes, you must not have sensed the sarcasm.

Oh, I did...just talking with you guys.

I guess after all these years it still amazes me that this is the franchise of my youth.

Never thought we'd go this bad astray.

Didn't Cousins flourish under Gruden, as opposed to Shanahan ?
And of course, Gruden is also credited for Andy Dalton's success.
Heck, even Colt McCoy is playing better under Gruden, than he did anywhere else.
So can we safely trust that Gruden should be able to successfully groom the next QB ?

Kirk & his agent be like...

IMG_3277.JPG

Didn't Cousins flourish under Gruden, as opposed to Shanahan ?
And of course, Gruden is also credited for Andy Dalton's success.
Heck, even Colt McCoy is playing better under Gruden, than he did anywhere else.
So can we safely trust that Gruden should be able to successfully groom the next QB ?

Jay Gruden literally stood on the table for Kirk.

You think that going into year 4 he's jumping for joy knowing,that because of a major gaffe by the Front Office, he's going to have to start all over?

What successful Front Office separates the Head Coach from his chosen Qb?

I kinda see this whole fiasco as it's not about what Kurt deserves. Fairly certain nobody can justify the $ amount offered towards his record & play. This is more about what he can get. Couple that with him not wanting to be here anymore and voila.

I mean we all thought it was a forgone conclusion he signs long term and we keep building the D to respectable levels. Looking back though he's NEVER convinced me that this is where he wants to be, going way back to RG days & then the 1st franchise tag. Which is fine, but relay that shit to management so something gets facilitated helping both parties.

Unless Snyder is a stone cold prick (tagged) & barring a miracle run by KC and the team (ltd), we'll be looking at a 3rd round comp pick.

Jay Gruden literally stood on the table for Kirk.

You think that going into year 4 he's jumping for joy knowing,that because of a major gaffe by the Front Office, he's going to have to start all over?

What successful Front Office separates the Head Coach from his chosen Qb?

This is an excellent point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda see this whole fiasco as it's not about what Kurt deserves. Fairly certain nobody can justify the $ amount offered towards his record & play. This is more about what he can get. Couple that with him not wanting to be here anymore and voila.

I mean we all thought it was a forgone conclusion he signs long term and we keep building the D to respectable levels. Looking back though he's NEVER convinced me that this is where he wants to be, going way back to RG days & then the 1st franchise tag. Which is fine, but relay that shit to management so something gets facilitated helping both parties.

Unless Snyder is a stone cold prick (tagged) & barring a miracle run by KC and the team (ltd), we'll be looking at a 3rd round comp pick.

I just don't understand the Boy Scout 'God will tell me the right move, I always imagined I would be a Redskin for life' schtick. I don't buy it. It's not real. If Cousins had any gratitude, cared about the fan base and his teammates, or was willing to negotiate and wanted to be here - it would be apparent. So while yeah, of course has the right to do whatever he feels is best for himself, he's not a stand up guy in my book.

That saddens me.

Oh without a doubt. Seems he's coveting (#10) quite a bit for salary. Far beyond fair and commensurate to his play at that.

Theatrics to play for Kyle is all. Shame too, we're better off team wise than the 49ers are to win sooner rather than later imo.

Thanks for that link, serv. I hear some perspective in there that kind of mirrors where I was when I started yakking on this stuff earlier today.

I'm amazed Ax. The number one thing most players are after in this league is long term security.
And we gave him long term security. $43mil is long term security.
Elementary my Dear Diesel.

And that offer Bruce put out there? Laughable.
Few people with any credibility consider it laughable. Low end? Sure. That's negotiating 101. Unless negotiating isn't what they wanted to do.
Greedy Lying Bastard and his agents proved they had no interest in negotiating.

You're gonna offer the guy what you are already required to pay him. What's the incentive to sign?
Show me where they're required to pay him next year. As for incentive, Greedy Lying Bastard isn't happy that we've made him a multimillionaire. It's not enough. If it's not about the money, why not sign a 10yr contract, $5mil a year, all guaranteed. There's the mythical stability you think is more important than money.

Tell me. Straighten me out, clue me in.
You've been told. You just choose to ignore.
You've been straightened out. But you keep hunching back over.
Your only clue is to pay whatever Greedy Lying Bastard wants. Plus Prima Nocta.

Well, yeah it's all fine when you start with the premise that the Redskins 'haven't lost anything except a LTD'.

Failing to get a LTD is a big deal.

On to the season though is right. There's no other course of action but that unless the Skins consider trading him now, which there's zero reason to believe they are even considering.

Every other day, whether on radio or TV, pundits in the sports media, former GMs and former players all say "In the end it's a business."

99.9% of the time, the team has all the leverage.

This time, a player has the leverage and for once, isn't afraid to use it. Good for him.

Fans are pissed because it happens to be the first franchise Qb we've had since Theismann.

Look...I'm a lifelong Redskins fan. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here. But at the same time, the Redskins created this mess.

They're getting what they deserve. Be smarter.(which I doubt is possible)

Well this article presents a whole different picture than the "Kirk didn't counter because he was insulted by the low-ball offer" story.
Based on Kirk's own words, the team could have high-balled him like a giraffe, and he still would not have signed it.
But it's not that he does not want to be here. Boone will be glad to hear that Kirk praises Gruden for giving him the chance.
Sounds like he just wants to wait another year and see more stability in the franchise, and then seriously look at a LTD with the Skins in 2018.

Between the Redskins and Kirk Cousins, there was no deal to be had | CSN Mid-Atlantic

"I do feel like I owe him [Gruden] my career," Cousins said. "His coaching is why I am where I am."

Or that's all just a bunch of PC nonsense :)

Seems to me, if there was a team out there interested/willing to make the kind of trade for Kirk that the team, or any of us for that matter, would consider even taking seriously, there would be whispers in the wind about it.

I'm not against the idea of trading Kirk at this point, but I'm holding out for true market value. :)

Am I the only one who feels KC1 and his agent may be overestimating his market value... ?

Nick

Unless he gets hurt.
Or benched for continuing to tickle his pants in the big games.
Or cements many peoples beliefs that he's simply a slightly above average QB, when everything around him his working well. And unable to carry a team. Like the really good ones can/do.

Which perfectly describes KC1. He has yet to show he can do anything other than shit the bed in crucial moments and can we please stop bringing up wins against bottom-feeder teams? The las memory we have of him is choking against a team with literally nothing to play for.

Nick

Am I the only one who feels KC1 and his agent may be overestimating his market value... ?

Nick

Buffalo
Jacksonville
Miami
Rams
Houston
Jets
Cleveland
Denver
SF
Viking
Bears
Arizona

Any one of those teams would take Kirk over their current starter.

He's in the catbird seat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.