• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bring me the head of Billy Cundiff

Sarge

And I had such hope that we had gotten a kicker that could at least be clutch inside the 40

Wonder what Chip Lohmiller is up to?

And we continue to scratch our heads wondering why this team is allergic to the playoffs. When was the last time this team was able to bring everything together? The defense is on today, the offense and special teams are off. Until we establish unity, we are going to continue to be frustrated as a fan base.

He better not be on the roster next week. Gano is our kicker.

To hell with his head, I want his nuts cut off. Maybe the extra room in his draws will improve his kicking motion.

I think that Smith and Cundiff should be tied together... to a rail road track.

Seriously, has there ever been a kicker who performed well, didn't regress, or kick better once he left the Redskins since Smith has gotten here.

After twenty kickers all failing... coaching has got to be a part of it.

the ironic thing is that Cundiff has not cost this team a game.

his egregious misses came in a game against the Bucs we won anyway.

his miss today would have still left the Redskins a full TD short in the fourth quarter (plus 4 points) to win the game at 24-20.

so, yes, Cundiff has been alarmingly erratic through 5 games.

but this team's real weakness is the defensive backfield in coverage.

the corners and safeties on this club have perhaps cost the team 2 games.

Funny, while I see criticism about the defense and Haslett I don't see threads with a 'Bring Me the Head of DeAngelo Hall' for his uneven performances and high cap number we are saddled with.

THAT is a much more worrying factor over 16 games.

the ironic thing is that Cundiff has not cost this team a game.

his egregious misses came in a game against the Bucs we won anyway.

his miss today would have still left the Redskins a full TD short in the fourth quarter (plus 4 points) to win the game at 24-20.

so, yes, Cundiff has been alarmingly erratic through 5 games.

but this team's real weakness is the defensive backfield in coverage.

the corners and safeties on this club have perhaps cost the team 2 games.

Funny, while I see criticism about the defense and Haslett I don't see threads with a 'Bring Me the Head of DeAngelo Hall' for his uneven performances and high cap number we are saddled with.

THAT is a much more worrying factor over 16 games.

I disagree. His missed FG let the wind out of the stadium. You can't put a price on momentum and he cost us all of ours. The next series]right before then end of the half what did we do? We ran the ball three straight times. What were the coaches thinking? I think it went like this.... We could throw the ball a few times and get in to FG range? **** that, just run the clock out.

Score 7-7 at the half. Should have been 10-7 with us getting the ball back in the 2nd half. MAYBE EVEN 13-7. Just three points really but a lot of momentum.

Momentum is what has killed us for years. We never have any. When we do we play well or well enough when it is robbed from the offense or the defense by the opposites gaffes it hurts both. But when special teams can't get a fundamental and routine 3 points after a TD by the opponent to make it even and then a decent chain moving drive by the offense everyone loses. The defense wouldn't have suffered as bad if the offense had come back and got some points out of that drive. But since they didn't, now that touchdown they gave up to TG now seems a lot worse.

Another idea... 3rd and 3 with 6:22 left in the 3rd qtr.... Up 10-7 does Griffin try to get that extra couple of yards? At 7-7 does he try to press it and get knocked the **** out?

In the other game, Cundiff's 3 misses unfairly put a lot more pressure on the offense and defense. These chances at scoring are exactly that but at some point someone has to be accountable for not meeting the expectations that go along with fairly routine 3 point conversions.

His loss of confidence in himself on the field cannot be allowed to effect everyone else on this young team. Cut him.

The kicker has one job. You can't compare him to a defensive coordinator or an entire secondary. If your kicker is consistently missing 40-yarders while your opponents are consistently making 50-yarders, it's time to get a new kicker.

Yep, Kevin got it right. Momentum was KILLED. If he makes that field goal, who knows if they score at all? Might have been 13 or even 17-0 at the half. Instead, its 7-7, whole new ball game to start the second half.

He missed a 31 yarder for the second week in a row. He destroyed our momentum started what turned out to be a 10 point turnaround. Kicking off to the Falcons after scoring the 3 points would have been a much different situation than just giving them the ball over on downs. That three points creates a different mindset all the way around....just as his lost 9 points last week does the same.

I am not a knee jerk kinda guy......but Cundiff needs to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.