• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Breaking - Washington @ Pittsburgh game moved

I believe Ravens vs Cowboys is now on Tuesday, no longer Monday.

They need to postpone the season. What happened with Denver was absolutely ridiculous and now this. The NFL clearly hasn't gotten a handle on the virus. It's time to pause and regroup.

Not really what I would do. To cancel an entire season and have millions of people miss out on one of the only things they love because a plan isn't polished seems a bit overreactive.

I have not heard of one player dying or having severe problems with covid, either.

They need to postpone the season. What happened with Denver was absolutely ridiculous and now this. The NFL clearly hasn't gotten a handle on the virus. It's time to pause and regroup.

what happened to Denver was Denver's fault. They were meeting in person without masks. Only 1 QB tested positive, but since protocols were not followed they deemed the room to be contact concerns. What has happened to Baltimore is because a strength and conditioning coach was symptomatic and still entered the facility, dapped up players, and did not isolate himself. Why punish 30 other teams full of players because people aren't doing what they're asked? Thats 1500 players without paychecks because a couple idiots ruined it for the rest of the league.

What the Denver game and the Ravens/Steelers game show is that the NFL is determined to finish the season with 16 games/weeks and a full slate of playoff games and SB whatever the product on the field becomes due to COVID illness or quarantine.

The TV contract is tied to games played not to the quality of the games played.

If the Super Bowl is slated to be KC without Patrick Mahomes and Green Bay without Rodgers because of COVID, the NFL is going to go ahead and play the SB with a pair of backup quarterbacks.

The fans and the players themselves are the only ones who will suffer to any degree.

The league marches on with a Super Bowl that carries an asterisk. They don't care.

as it should be. If a player is sick before a game for any other reason they still play it.

TO in Philly with his broken leg went on with the risk of a superstar not playing

It happens. Such is life. Having games played is more important than costing millions of people one more thing they can enjoy.

What the Denver game and the Ravens/Steelers game show is that the NFL is determined to finish the season with 16 games/weeks and a full slate of playoff games and SB whatever the product on the field becomes due to COVID illness or quarantine.

The TV contract is tied to games played not to the quality of the games played.

If the Super Bowl is slated to be KC without Patrick Mahomes and Green Bay without Rodgers because of COVID, the NFL is going to go ahead and play the SB with a pair of backup quarterbacks.

The fans and the players themselves are the only ones who will suffer to any degree.

The league marches on with a Super Bowl that carries an asterisk. They don't care.

This falls on the teams then. If Rodgers is dumb enough to do something stupid and catch Covid the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, or the playoffs for that matter, then he's being irresponsible and why should the other 52 guys on the team lose their paycheck because of it? With games comes TV money yes, but with games also comes paychecks and salaries for Players, Coaches, Team staff members, trainers, equipment managers, field maintenance workers....

BTW i don't agree, if the matchup for the SB is KC vs GB and both starting QBs pop positive, they will likely delay the game by a week or two... things are different when there are 13 games on the weekly schedule vs 1. Moving the SB a week would have little actual effect over a regular season game that has teams playing weekly... moving a regular season game has an effect on future opponents and multiple other teams.

On a different note, after watching the Steelers/Ravens game yesterday, Pittsburgh doesn't scare me this weekend, in fact the Ravens are the best team by record they've played all season, if our D can play stout we're in good shape imo

Bud Dupree is out for the season. that has to help a little!

Not really what I would do. To cancel an entire season and have millions of people miss out on one of the only things they love because a plan isn't polished seems a bit overreactive.

I have not heard of one player dying or having severe problems with covid, either.

Well, I didnt say cancel the season. I said postpone.

Cases and delays and rescheduled games are piling up, and its likely to only get worse. Postpone the season. Take a few weeks and let things stabilize a little.

But I’ve never seen the NFL pass up an opportunity to make a problem worse, so I dont see why they would change things up now.

Well, I didnt say cancel the season. I said postpone.

Cases and delays and rescheduled games are piling up, and its likely to only get worse. Postpone the season. Take a few weeks and let things stabilize a little.

But I’ve never seen the NFL pass up an opportunity to make a problem worse, so I dont see why they would change things up now.

Or, we can replace the word cancel with postpone and my point stands. right now people are being forced to stay indoors and things like sports are the only thing keeping them from serious mental issues.

the teams are fine. not one player has died or gotten extremely sick. they are getting these outbreaks due to their own carelessness.

Or, we can replace the word cancel with postpone and my point stands. right now people are being forced to stay indoors and things like sports are the only thing keeping them from serious mental issues.

the teams are fine. not one player has died or gotten extremely sick. they are getting these outbreaks due to their own carelessness.

While I don't want it to ultimately get to the level of a death... the point is valid.

Not directed toward you, just further elaborating on the converstation....

At what point are we going to look at this Covid situation and understand that it's a current way of life. Taking the necessary precautions to reduce the risk is something that everyone needs to do. Maintaining a season has had zero negative effect on the public. It has not perpetuated the pandemic or been a major contributor towards a major outbreak. Even if you were to take all the Titans from earlier in the year, and add them to the 20+ the Ravens were currently dealing with, you're still talking about less than 50 players to test positive between the two biggest 'outbreaks' in the league. That's still barely above 3% of the players in the league... And those two episodes did not happen at the same time. That would mean we're suspending a season because at worst 3% of your active players are effected at a given time?

The players / coaches / teams have the resources and understand what steps need to be taken in order to keep Covid under control. The 'major' episodes we've had, happened because people did not follow these protocols. Protocols that are LEAGUE WIDE. These outbreaks were not a result of on field contact, or inevitabilities, they happened because of irresponsible actions of the few. When we drive, we wear a seatbelt because there is a risk if you don't. We have speed limits, stop lights, and traffic laws to prevent catastrophic issues on the road. If an NFL QB gets into a car accident and breaks his leg because he was speeding and not wearing a seat belt, and is forced to miss the playoffs... do we suspend the playoffs? No we don't.

is any player even missing any extended period of time so far?

seems like most are in shape and recovering enough to get right back to playing.

This is like cancelling something that is helping and distracting from a real shit situation just because a couple people showed positive results. The Vikings and Jets had how many players test false positive?

IF there is ever a big problem with players getting sick and they don't make it back call it. but, just because a few guys get positive tests back doesn't mean you go out and ruin something good that the entire country is using as a way to cope with being trapped inside.

is any player even missing any extended period of time so far?

seems like most are in shape and recovering enough to get right back to playing.

This is like cancelling something that is helping and distracting from a real shit situation just because a couple people showed positive results. The Vikings and Jets had how many players test false positive?

IF there is ever a big problem with players getting sick and they don't make it back call it. but, just because a few guys get positive tests back doesn't mean you go out and ruin something good that the entire country is using as a way to cope with being trapped inside.

The Denver QB situation wasn't even multiple positives... it was 1 positive in a position group that was not following Protocols.

Lock, backup Brett Rypien, third-stringer Jeff Driskel and practice-squad quarterback Blake Bortles were all placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list after Driskel tested positive Nov. 26, three days before the Broncos hosted the Saints. Because all of the quarterbacks had met in the quarterbacks' meeting room, Lock, Rypien and Bortles were considered close, high-risk contacts.

When all four players met on Nov. 25 to watch film, they did not consistently wear masks around one another, resulting in Lock, Rypien and Bortles being placed on the COVID-19 list on Saturday, the day before the game.

Covid is just another part of life in this NFL season as with everything else. Nothing different than fluke accidents on a run play that takes a super star rookie QB out of the game.

As for the WFT and the Steelers...I would not be a bit surprised if the WFT comes out and upsets the Steelers.

The Ravens were missing 21 players, including 12 starters, against the Steelers because of the virus. Thats not close to a team losing a QB to pulled hammy or something. When clubs are struggling just to get a team on the field, its time for a pause.

No, it is not. You have backups and practice squad players for a reason.

its not "time to pause" just because someone is sick. it is time for that team to "pause" and get themselves better.

I do not need to lose out on football due to an overreaction from the flu.

The flu. :cautious:

This is a sticky wicket for me ... football has been a very welcome respite from COVID and politics and Life in 2020 in general, but there clearly needs to be a balance between providing entertainment for the public, safeguarding the health of the teams (from players to support staff), and providing both employment and reasonable health precautions for the people whose livelihoods are involved (from press to stadium staff, etc.). There is no "right answer" that will satisfy everyone. Hell, there probably isn't a "right answer" that truly satisfies anyone.

I thought when this started that we might get through half a season before they had to pull the plug. We're already well past that, but given the current surge it would not surprise me a bit if the season gets cancelled outright in the next few weeks. Or shortened, or suspended for a time.

Roger G is finally having to earn a small percentage of the ridiculous amount of money he gets paid to get booed at the Draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.