• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bread Thread

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Being the walking cliche that I am, I've been baking a LOT during the pandemic, and am excited to try bagels this weekend. Also will be smoking salmon on the Egg at the same time, but that's a different thread.

Curious what baking adventures anyone else has had?

Got some cali kush but think your talking about a different sort of baking

I love fresh baked bread... my ex-sister-in-law used to make bread that was just incredibly good. I had her walk me through her steps several times, but mine always came out dense and tough, not the airy goodness she was able to produce every time. Later, I bought a bread making machine. It produced edible results, but again, nothing like a really great loaf of bread.

I have not tried in years and years. I know you can take classes to learn to do it - maybe I need to go that route :)

I do make some mean Naan bread which isn't the same thing, although it is simple to make and delicious. I have a friend at work who makes her own english muffins for everyone at Christmas every year. Lord - they are good.

Making naan bread this week with some shakshuka. Love that stuff.

Lord knows I've ade my share of dense, brick-like bread - but you're right, when it turns out well, there really isn't anything like it.

Making naan bread this week with some shakshuka. Love that stuff.

Lord knows I've ade my share of dense, brick-like bread - but you're right, when it turns out well, there really isn't anything like it.

I usually make naan bread as a side for when I'm serving Chicken Tikka Masala another favorite of mine.

Ever made Butter Chicken?? Similar idea to Tikka Masala but slightly different ingredients. I make it once every few months and EVERY TIME ask myself why I waited so long to make it again.

No - but I have chicken thighs and a whole chicken in the fridge so I'm interested...

No - but I have chicken thighs and a whole chicken in the fridge so I'm interested...

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. PERFECT with Naan Bread. You can adjust with additional peppers if you like it hot (which I know you do) - I like more of a subtle heat that leaves me sweating without destroying all feeling in my mouth. :)

Attachments

• Murgh Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken) _ Cook's Illustrated.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.