• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2011 - Week 8 @ Buffalo Bills (Toronto)

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Hog Fever

*Week 7: Redskins @ Bills *

So week 8 of the NFL season finds our...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done HF. Here's hoping you are correct! I wouldn't mind if Kyle's agressive playcalling actually resulted in some success!

And curse you for making me read to end! Cuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssseeeeee you!!!!!!!

You really did nail it. All it boils down to is our offense making some plays in the air for a change. That's something we've been lacking for about 20 years now. Do that, we stay in games no matter how our defense or running game look.

Let's go get em.

Hog Fever said:
Pass to set up the run.

Unless they actually complete some passes and sustain drives, this approach will have some people screaming for Kyle's head (even moreso than they already are) for being a pass-happy offense and not committing to the run.

But I don't disagree with you.

Good job! I agree with your strategery, and your call for a W.

But, the Theismann thing.

I, I don't get it Big Dan.
o-brother-where-art-thou-6.jpg

Excellent job, HF! We are similar when it comes to football philosophy-and I like your style too. :claps:

As a Filipino bar girl once told me repeatedly while draping herself all over me...'I like your style, you my type!'

You have a great conversational style of writing - thoroughly enjoyed that Hog :cheers:

I'm not optimistic about Sunday though.

I have to disagree - this team is soft against the run, just like the Eagles were. We gave up too early against them, we cannot do the same against the Bills. We are not a passing team - we are a run first, ground n pound team! Run the football!

Wow - with Sellers out, the Redskins won't have someone on their roster who played in a Washington playoff victory for the first time since 1982. That's kind of miraculous, considering the long playoff droughts.

As a Filipino bar girl once told me repeatedly while draping herself all over me...'I like your style, you my type!'

You have a great conversational style of writing - thoroughly enjoyed that Hog :cheers:

I'm not optimistic about Sunday though.

wait! I thought it was "I love you no *hit!"

Kyle Shanahan is a pass-oriented offensive coordinator.

I really do believe that if the Redskins were prepared to focus on the run AT KEY TIMES during these contests there were chances to beat Dallas and Carolina.

Kyle tilts the offense to where this team has the greatest weaknesses, skill at quarterback and experience at wide receiver.

With Grossman and Beck on the field, the goal SHOULD be NOT to put either in position to screw things up with an untimed mistake.

But Kyle exposes them at times with his calls and the end result is that the offense fails to find any consistency.

Kyle seems at times to be so determined to run 'his offense' that he almost ignores what we may be capable of actually deploying out there. That determination may make him a great OC when we finally do have the talent at skill positions to carry through - but until then, sometimes it definitely results in some head-scratching.

I know KS has taken quite a beating at times this year and last - but I have a feeling he can be a special coach some day. I hope we stick with him and let him continue to grow. He is still a very young coach.

I'm so over this season already that I had to log in just to find out who we are playing this week. I have scheduled other priorities for tomorrow, so I will not be sitting up all night, nor will I be getting up early just to sit through the game, even though I have found a reliable feed service so as to actually watch the game.

It's going to be tough for the Redskins to perform at any kind of competitive level given all the injuries at critical positions. That being said - we've lost 3 games. The season's not over and we're not out of anything. Teams have overcome more.

I'm surprised at how many have written off the entire year already.

I'm surprised at how many have written off the entire year already.
Really?

I'm not. This franchise has done a pretty good job of playing Lucy to the fans Linus.

Start out a season playing just well enough to give 'em some hope and then jerk the rug out from underneath.

Wash.Rinse.Repeat

This fanbase is worn out, and rightfully so.

Well, I am one of the fans Diesel, so I sort of inherently get that :)

But despite understanding it, it's still pretty surprising how quiickly we throw in the towel. I'm not predicting the Redskins will do anything other than what we all expect from this point on - limp to a sub .500 record. But I will watch every game, painful or otherwise.

Not criticizing anyone, just pointing out - most teams and their fans would be looking at 3-3 as without question still being in the thick of things. But for us, it's all over already. Amazing really.

I guess the way I'd put it is, it's like we've had the homerism beaten out of us. Reality kinda sucks. I'd like to return to the days of believing anything is possible.

Last edited:
I have to specify that I haven't given up on the team, as such, moreso my loss of a day due to following the game live. When we have a late game, I should be up and about as that is a 7am (Monday) start here, but I'm well and truly over the 4am starts, and with it, the total loss of a day.

Anyone could understand you missing games, great season or awful one. You're an amazing fan - I'm always wowed when you pop into chat when I know it's the crack of dawn there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.