• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

BGO Site Security & Some Site Changes

Trust us. We can fix it.

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

You shouldn't be seeing that ... or anything other than the site for matter.

Can you tell us what browser (and version) you're using, plus if you don't mind, what antivirus you're running?
90% of the time I'm logging in with my iPhone 6, & safari I do believe is my browser. As far as antivirus I don't think there is one on iPhones, tho I could easily be wrong about that. Wasn't until recently and only once that I got that particular screen as well.

Edit: So this would be on my end instead of a site issue?

Last edited:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

SiteLock was a precious vendor that we severed relations with - they have no access to our site so, yeah, that had to be come cached file or site link on you computer or phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

SiteLock was a precious vendor that we severed relations with - they have no access to our site so, yeah, that had to be come cached file or site link on you computer or phone.

Gotcha, appreciate the info to look out for.

DixieFlatline

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

William and Mary

Hey BB/others,
Do you mind checking on Twitter - looks from my end as if they have removed us as a 'dangerous site' - can you verify that?
I didn't see what the error looked like previously on Twitter, so don't have that to compare you too. However, I went to the BGO twitter page and clicked on the link to the 2017 Draft Day post and all went well.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Thanks - yeah, I don't know if it was the support ticket I placed with Twitter or if they just follow Google's lead once a site is cleared but I'm happy we are in good grace's there again. What an ordeal!

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Twitter issues are resolved. Glad to help. I should get that $1.50 discount for BGO usage tomorrow. Back to regular rates the following day.

Docsandy

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

On an unrelated note, we have decided to forego all ads of any kind on BGO going forward, for all members. We have also closed the few Premium member subscriber accounts on Paypal since all of BGO is now ad-free. Those of you who have generously contributed in the past will remain 'Premium Members'. We will soon initiate a donation campaign and offer the 'Premium Member' banner to any member who makes at least a one-time donation of $19.95. As always, we utilize member funds only to improve the site and pay for monthly server costs.

Thanks for your support of BGO - we appreciate all of you and what you bring to this place, or we might not be so interested in keeping it moving forward. Should you run into problems, please contact us via Private Message here or send us a 'Contact Us' email. We will begin resuming several of the add-ons that we temporarily disabled while we worked on site security. You should start to see those accessible again over the course of the next 4 or 5 days.
I would like to make a one-time donation, Boone (at least one-time for now :)..Future yet to be determined)... Will watch for notification of procedure or PM me when you have a second as I'm not on a lot right now... (though I hope soon to get Doc's Blast back up and going)

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

For reasons I won't get into, I'm working on getting our web hosting company to do a 'database restore' back to a 4/10/17 site backup. If they are able to perform the restore, we will likely lose anything posted since then. I just wanted to prep you for that possibility and apologize for it in advance. We are continuing to make plans to get all of our software upgraded and updated without significant downtime of any kind.

Docsandy

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

For reasons I won't get into, I'm working on getting our web hosting company to do a 'database restore' back to a 4/10/17 site backup. If they are able to perform the restore, we will likely lose anything posted since then. I just wanted to prep you for that possibility and apologize for it in advance. We are continuing to make plans to get all of our software upgraded and updated without significant downtime of any kind.
That gives me a little time to think about Doc's Blast From the Past and what I want to do next :) Will wait until database restore is done (will we know when it happens???).. thanks.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I think we will hold off for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0