• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Premium / Donations Info

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
At BGO we have never been about the money. If you are at all familiar with who and what we are, you already know that. So why the renewed talk about Premium Memberships and donations? In the interest of transparency, it is because the recent required site upgrades have raised the bar on our operating costs considerably. The site and server upgrades have current expenses running at approximately $150 per month. Unfortunately, existing subscription and donation revenue no longer covers monthly operating costs, much less leave operating capital to put back into the site (new features and functionality).

Bottom line, if BGO is going to keep humming along and growing into the future, it's going to require the general membership to have a stake. The owners are committed to meeting the monthly operating costs out of pocket if necessary, but it will limit our ability to also continue to invest in upgrades and new features. We think we're on to something special here, and that what is happening is worth nurturing. So If you feel the same way, and are able to help make it happen, your contributions will continue to carry considerable weight and be deeply appreciated.

So there it is. On to the details.

At present, there are two ways you can help:

BGO Premium Membership

What do you get for your money?

Primarily, you get to help us keep the lights on and the site running smoothly. You also help us to continue being able to invest every positive dollar we get, as always, back into the site; into the kinds of upgrades and features we are always looking to add here at BGO.

Secondly, you get an ad-free environment. Premium Members will see no ads, on any BGO page, ever. That means little to some, and a lot to others. What it means to us is that we get to generate the nominal advertising revenue those ads produce from non-Premium and unregistered patrons, while also allowing us to give Premium members something tangible in return for their generosity.

You can become a Premium Member and support BGO for just $18.95 per year, payable in full at subscription, OR in two (2) semi-annual installments of $8.95.

We use Paypal to process subscription orders. If you haven't used one before, no worries. You do NOT have to have a Paypal account to order; any major credit card works seamlessly. Simply,

- click the BGO Premium button below
- select the payment option you wish (Annual or Semi-Annual) in the drop down box
- click Order
- click Order Using Paypal
- on the Paypal portal, you have the option of using an existing Paypal account, creating one, or using your credit card.

Please note that we have set up the subsciptions as "Recurring," meaning that at the end of the applicable period your subscription will automatically revew and bill your account. If you do not wish to renew at that time, simply shoot us an email at webmaster@bgobsession.com and say the word.

Premium.png

DONATIONS

Memberships aren't for everybody--we get that. So if you wish to contribute to the cause, but not purchase a Premium Membership, please feel free to DONATE as the mood and fair winds dictate.

So that's it. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have in this thread, or via PM or email if you prefer privacy. We know this is not a on-size-fits-all world and will be happy to address any concerns on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks to all of you who help make this house a home. Hail to the Redskins, and Hail to a great community, and sincere thanks for supporting BGO.

BGO Staff

Last edited:
If you are a current premium member, will you get a reminder when the year runs out to renew?

Yessir. Should be automated, but since we're making a change to the system we'll also be monitoring each existing account individually to be sure nobody falls through the cracks.

Am I coming up for renewal soon? If not, I will make a donation this month. If so, the donation will come next month.

Check PM's BB. :)

A very sincere thank you to those who have subscribed and/or donated. Means more than we can say. :)

Also thanks for the helpful heads ups and suggestions ... it's the details that make things sing.

I will donate more next year...I'm in savings mode right now. Trying to buy a house in the next year, plus...other things. :)

Thanks to everyone who has donated amd contributed or would like to but cannot right now. We really appreciate the support!

What Boone and Om said. Seriously. The fact the you folks like this place enough to not only spend your time here but put up your hard earned scratch to help keep it going means a lot. Thank you!

Some of you Premium Members will notice a new title image under your user name. We have not replaced the user title of those of you who have have created your own unique titles ... we wouldn't presume. :)

If any Premium Member who does not have the new image yet, but would like it ... shoot me a PM and we'll make it so.

Some of you Premium Members will notice a new title image under your user name. We have not replaced the user title of those of you who have have created your own unique titles ... we wouldn't presume. :)

If any Premium Member who does not have the new image yet, but would like it ... shoot me a PM and we'll make it so.
I was actually wondering why some, including myself, who I know for a fact are premium, didn't have the little premium banner. If I get that, do I lose my free mustache rides title, or do I get both? If I lose it, leave me alone. If I can have both, that would be sweet.

I was actually wondering why some, including myself, who I know for a fact are premium, didn't have the little premium banner. If I get that, do I lose my free mustache rides title, or do I get both? If I lose it, leave me alone. If I can have both, that would be sweet.

We can do both, but you won't be able to change the text title yourself. We'll have to do it for you going forward. It's a limitation of the software.

Unsticking this ... but please feel free to remember. :)

Last edited:
I renewed my membership today, if you don't have one and can afford it you should defiantly get one. It is a small price for such the BEST Redskins site!

I renewed my membership today, if you don't have one and can afford it you should defiantly get one. It is a small price for such the BEST Redskins site!

Thanks Derek - we truly appreciate the support brother :cheers:

As long as you're defiant about it ... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.