• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Mobile

Lanky Livingston

I saw somone's post had "Posted from BGO Mobile Device" - what's this all about? Is there a download for it? Will it work on BBerry, or is it only an iphone thing?

Thanks!

My Blackberry used BGO Mobile by default the first time I hit it without doing anything special. In fact, it is about the best site performance of any place I have ever visited on my Blackberry.

I saw somone's post had "Posted from BGO Mobile Device" - what's this all about? Is there a download for it? Will it work on BBerry, or is it only an iphone thing?

Thanks!

Hey jrock - hadn't seen you here - welcome :cheers:

The BGO Mobile mod simply forces all mobile users to a very simple, streamlined skin that makes cruising the site on the go a lot easier. You don't have to download anything - when you go to www.bgobsession.com on your portable device, you should see the BGO Mobile skin and go from there. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

BGO Mobile simply the best....you guy did a great job with it. Thanks!

Ohh I should have put my post in the suggestions thread...right here! DOH!!!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

When selecting a thread that has multiple pages, if you are beyond the first page and you try to navigate to the first page. When clicking the arrow back and number the page refreshes instead. I use the Opera mini browser with my BB.

I got a new Palm Pre recently, and when I go to www.bgobsession.com I'm seeing the regular page instead of the mobile version. Is there something I need to do to get the mobile version to come up? I'm wondering if the site isn't recognizing the Pre as a mobile device, since it's pretty new. I've seen that happen other places. Just wondering, because I'd love to check out the mobile version.

I got a new Palm Pre recently, and when I go to www.bgobsession.com I'm seeing the regular page instead of the mobile version. Is there something I need to do to get the mobile version to come up? I'm wondering if the site isn't recognizing the Pre as a mobile device, since it's pretty new. I've seen that happen other places. Just wondering, because I'd love to check out the mobile version.

Let me look into it and I'll get back to you :)

When selecting a thread that has multiple pages, if you are beyond the first page and you try to navigate to the first page. When clicking the arrow back and number the page refreshes instead. I use the Opera mini browser with my BB.

I'll have to look into this as well LOD - this is a fairly complex hack, so I'll probably have to go to the original coder and see if he/she can help us out. Stay tuned.

mtmcg,
We need to be on BGO at the same time (you on your Palm Pre) - that'll allow me to see your Palm's 'useragent string' which I can then add and hopefully your device will be detected then. Just private message me the next time you're on and you see me on and hopefully we can get it taken care of.

Hey J -- switching to PC mode doesn't work for me on the iPad.

Same thing here, pc mode doesn't work on the iPad.

Lemme check into that Burl. I might be able to disable it for the ipad...

Hey Burl/Pravda...mind trying to log-in and see if you're still getting the mobile skin?

Ok, that was through my mobile connection using a Nokia N900. All appears well on this end.

The 'mobile skin' is really a band-aid so that mobile phones can view the site a little easier, in a simpler format, rather than the tiny view they'd normally get. IPads (and possibly IPhones?) don't need that - you'd get a far more enjoyable experience logging in with an IPad just like a laptop - but the mobile modification thinks it's a phone, so it forces IPad users into an undesirable skin. I think I've got it set to exclude IPads - I just need someone who uses one to verify they are getting the full site with all the bells and whistles not the 'mobile skin'. If someone who uses an IPhone will let me know, we could test that also. I'm honestly not sure which is the better option for an IPhone.

With my phone, I can enlarge the screen or make it smaller with no problems - overall, it looks good. This is Nokia's top of the line phone, so it is very adaptable/powerful. Not sure what others use and how it appears, but no problems here.

I've got an HTC EVO, and the site looks terrific with the mobile app. Love it, easy to check in on things when I'm out.

I also have an ipad, and that is still showing the mobile app as well, which is a little irritating at times. If you can fix it, that would be nice, but it's not a huge deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.