BGO Downtime

Trust us. We can fix it.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

We will be taking the site down soon in order to move to a new web hosting server. This is necessary in order to proceed with a general site upgrade. We don't anticipate the site being down more than 24 hours or so. We apologize for the inconvenience, but suggest you use this time to go outside, smell the flowers, and love on your loved ones!

We'll be back soon!

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

I havn't noticed any prolonged period of down-time, since this posted a couple days ago.
Has it already passed, and lasted briefer than expected ? Or is is still impending ?
Will Likes be part of the new system ?

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Thanks Fear, we decided to continue to point to the current site while we work on the new upgraded one. Hopefully we won't have to have any downtime other than the move to the upgraded site once everything is ready to go in a few weeks. I still think you should hug your loved ones.

Our 'Likes' modification was part of 'VBSEO' which is not compatible with future php versions. That means we will have to find a new 'Likes' system but I'm confident we'll be able to do that. We will lose history on 'liked' posts at a minimum.

We will also be shutting down our image gallery as it is no longer supported (and was pretty clunky to begin with). There is an image gallery add-on out there that looks good - I'm just not sure if it's worth having that feature as very few members seem to utilize it. Whether or not we will be able to preserve current images is an open question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0