• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Week 5 vs. Titans

Here's the thing, there's really no controversy here. Wentz is struggling as is the entire offense. Everyone here loves and respects Heinicke. Most of us think he's probably not got the measureables to be the long-term starter but I doubt anyone would have been upset if he'd gotten another season to prove otherwise. He's awesome regardless.

The only debate here is that you are certain Wentz can't play at an MVP level ever again. He DID play at an MVP level once. There is no discounting that. Early in Philly he had us all worried that he might look like that for a decade there. Yeah. We all know. 2 coaches on 2 teams....*insert stock criticism here *... He may never get past what's holding him back. You've listed all of his unfixable deficits over and over.

This is usually a friendly place. I pmed you over a month ago and actually felt bad because you'd staked out a minority opinion and were getting a lot of pushback. But since then, it's been non-stop hijacking of threads with nothing but the same argument, usually delivered in an aggressive snarky tone. Now we're getting snarky too. It's not what this place is about.

My suggestion is accept that others may view the Wentz-Heinicke stuff a little less emphatically than you do, get a sense of humor, and try to embrace that this is supposed to be a cool, fun, friendly place where buddies can talk. We all disagree, but in the end there are lines of decorum we try not to cross. Be a shame if you aren't a part of that.

Here's the thing, there's really no controversy here. Wentz is struggling as is the entire offense. Everyone here loves and respects Heinicke. Most of us think he's probably not got the measureables to be the long-term starter but I doubt anyone would have been upset if he'd gotten another season to prove otherwise. He's awesome regardless.

The only debate here is that you are certain Wentz can't play at an MVP level ever again. He DID play at an MVP level once. There is no discounting that. Early in Philly he had us all worried that he might look like that for a decade there. Yeah. We all know. 2 coaches on 2 teams....*insert stock criticism here *... He may never get past what's holding him back. You've listed all of his unfixable deficits over and over.

This is usually a friendly place. I pmed you over a month ago and actually felt bad because you'd staked out a minority opinion and were getting a lot of pushback. But since then, it's been non-stop hijacking of threads with nothing but the same argument, usually delivered in an aggressive snarky tone. Now we're getting snarky too. It's not what this place is about.

My suggestion is accept that others may view the Wentz-Heinicke stuff a little less emphatically than you do, get a sense of humor, and try to embrace that this is supposed to be a cool, fun, friendly place where buddies can talk. We all disagree, but in the end there are lines of decorum we try not to cross. Be a shame if you aren't a part of that.

No, I'm saying that Wentz is so bad that he shouldn't even be in the NFL anymore. Forget MVP level. He is easily the worst QB in the league right now.

This is not an NFL team again until Wentz is on the bench. I'm done now.

Get back to me at the end of the season....when this team is 2 - 15 or 3 - 14 after Wentz's epic failure as QB. That's the only way to settle this.

And I'm going to be right and you're going to be wrong.

You post all of this stuff in an attempt to somehow show that this team would be just as bad with Heinicke as QB. That is ridiculous and I don't think you really believe it, either. You obviously thought that Wentz would be a better QB than Heinicke and so far it has not worked out for you. And it's not going to work out for you, either. Wentz is done.

Wentz would have LOST that game against the Falcons last year!! Washington probably loses that game by 10 points if Wentz is the QB, because Wentz is an inaccurate thrower and he can't extend plays. That's what you fundamentally do not get.

Since you are hijacking yet another thread (MY thread btw) with this argument... go listen to the podcast or don't ever post in this thread again. You'll hear ME say things like 'if Wentz doesn't improve, we might not win another game this season'. You'll hear a ton of Wentz criticism from all of us. No one thinks his play to date is anywhere near good enough. You are pissing into the wind and berating folks for things no one has ever said. Meanwhile, you put suppositions out there as if they are unmitigated fact. You have zero idea if this team would have won more than 1 game this year with Taylor under center. Certainly possible. I personally think Sam Howell would've won more.

But I don't know that. Because it is UNKNOWABLE. It's an opinion. And we can all have opinions. Just stop screaming yours and implying everyone else is stupid. And if you can't do that - please find somewhere else to rant and rave.

It's obvious to me that guy knows to stop...he just doesn't want to. He thinks he deserves to be recognized and we all need the give him a "you're so smart" comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.