• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig - MOCK DRAFT EDITION!!

Hudson used to be known for his ST.
Hoping he's developed enough, to now be known as a decent calibre starting linebacker in the NFL.
Considering our situation at that position.

What happened to our 6th-round pick? I assume there was a trade that I haven't seen details on.

These are my questions.
People are now saying things like "Howell was the #2 QB on some boards" or even "Howell was the best QB on some boards"...

If that's the case, then
1) Why didn't we hear the name Howell at all, before the draft ?
2) Why was he the 6th QB taken ? We even heard about QB's like Carson Strong, who wasn't even drafted at all !
3) Why did he drop to the 5th Round ?

So, why did he fall so far, if he was rated so high by these team boards ?

From what I've read, it sounds like Howell lost most of his skill talent last year and so those who are most excited about him are looking at what he did with Dyami Brown and other players. Apparently, people were really excited about him coming into this year and thought he might wind up being the first QB taken this year, but he wound up running for his life a lot and not having the supporting cast.

Even this year, his production was considered top of the crop especially in some categories like plays under pressure.

What happened to our 6th-round pick? I assume there was a trade that I haven't seen details on.
We traded our fourth and sixth for two fifths.

Ah! I thought it was just the 4th in that trade. Got it. Thanks!

From what I've read, it sounds like Howell lost most of his skill talent last year and so those who are most excited about him are looking at what he did with Dyami Brown and other players. Apparently, people were really excited about him coming into this year and thought he might wind up being the first QB taken this year, but he wound up running for his life a lot and not having the supporting cast.

Even this year, his production was considered top of the crop especially in some categories like plays under pressure.

That sounds realistic.
I'm just concerned, he, or whoever lines up behind Center, will have similar problems that Howell had in his Senior year. As I'm still not convinced we have fixed our blocking woes. That unit seems like something that is overlooked, as an under-rated problem. Our own QB's have been running for their lives for quite a while now.
And now, we lost Scherff and Flowers, and only added Norwell to compensate, AFAIK. So it's possible the O-Line could be even worse this year.

And as far as comparing our offensive weapons to Howell's Senior year, that could be a parallel, as well.
The only sure thing is McLaurin. Everyone else is either unproven, sill developing, or coming off of injuries.

Blocking woes?

Last year we were the 9th best team in the league in Pass Block Win Rate.
Leno was the 10th best tackle at Pass Pro and Flowers the 6th best guard. Probably fair to think that we would have had other guys on the list if the other 3 positions had not had the injury issues they did.

Blocking woes?

Last year we were the 9th best team in the league in Pass Block Win Rate.
Leno was the 10th best tackle at Pass Pro and Flowers the 6th best guard. Probably fair to think that we would have had other guys on the list if the other 3 positions had not had the injury issues they did.

Something must be amiss with the subjective formulas they use to rate players. Because according to that, we just released the "6th best Guard", and he has yet to sign with a single team, and he's 28 and healthy. It doesn't add up to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.