• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig - MOCK DRAFT EDITION!!

Nice, time always tells if they chose the correct player…but I actually do like the positions they’ve picked up.

Yep, followed it up with Cole Turner! Another quality pick

For now on, I am sleeping through Day 1 and 2, and only watching Day 3 of the draft. This of course is if Ron Rivera continues coaching this team, as it appears to be where his best picks potentially come from.

I really like the Turner pick!

Hard to say but my guess is Reyes is done, unless he’s eligible for practice squad

Reyes is a joke, he was never a serious player

Reyes was a low risk high reward chance. Very little investment and if he blew up great, but it's clear hes not progressing well enough to warrant any long term plan. He'll probably stick around another year or two to see if that progression can take place, but I dont think we should be counting on anything. Anything from him is gravy

It's amazing that a defensive coach would leave the team exposed at linebacker and cornerback and load up on running backs, a 6'1 developmental quarterback and backup tight ends.

The pick Washington traded out of in Round 4 - the selection of Brandon Smith, is exactly the pick I would have made there.

Hope I have this all wrong. Just appears as if when you look at the draft bios the players we are selecting have consistently been rated below where we took them off the board, starting with Dotson as the #16 overall. He looked like a guy that would go in the mid-20's.

It's amazing that a defensive coach would leave the team exposed at linebacker and cornerback and load up on running backs, a 6'1 developmental quarterback and backup tight ends.

The pick Washington traded out of in Round 4 - the selection of Brandon Smith, is exactly the pick I would have made there.

Hope I have this all wrong. Just appears as if when you look at the draft bios the players we are selecting have consistently been rated below where we took them off the board, starting with Dotson as the #16 overall. He looked like a guy that would go in the mid-20's.

There are certainly questions to ask and it is fair to be skeptical.

However, let's not kid ourselves and believe that we are the only team picking guys sooner than where they were graded to be picked, especially when it comes to later in Day 2 and Day 3. The 49ers as one example took Tyrion Davis-Price (RB), projected to be a 6th/7th round back in the 3rd round. They also took Samuel Womack (CB) in the 5th, and he was projected to be a 7th rounder/UDFA. I'm sure there are many other examples as well without digging into it too deep.

In my opinion, by Day 3 especially, scheme fit and utilization of these players takes on more importance in deciding to select them or not.

I’m sort of where Bulldog is. Not saying we didn’t add some talent but we passed on a ton of talent at positions of need on this draft.

I’m sort of where Bulldog is. Not saying we didn’t add some talent but we passed on a ton of talent at positions of need on this draft.

And the thing I keep going back to in my mind as a possible explanation is Ron is way higher on this group than we are - especially Wentz.

It could be a dangerous way to think, but I also believe in their minds, they got derailed by injuries last year and in the absence of that, they are maybe a 9/10 win team.

I hope they are right.

And the thing I keep going back to in my mind as a possible explanation is Ron is way higher on this group than we are - especially Wentz.

Kyle Allen in 2020
Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2021
Carson Wentz in 2022
Doesn't breed a lot of confidence.
What in the Sam Howell is the plan at QB ?

We are all just armchair GMs. How could we possibly know what the team needs are? Word of advice for all the haters… don’t quit your day jobs. If any of you really knew anything you would be in one of the war rooms. 😉

I’m thinking they’ll round out the 7th with a swing o-lineman and a CB

768CEDD9-BBCE-4304-9D29-63EE8CE76BBD.gif

Last edited:

Wow, you got both of your wishes and predictions. Good call.
I'm good with taking a 7th on CB depth too.
I just don't understand the thinking from the people who were saying that CB is a major need, and at least one mock had us picking a CB at #1.
Our 3 starters look like Jackson, Fuller, and St Juste. That's not so bad, is it ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.