• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Banks to get more time at Wr

I read this earlier. Anything is better than Galloway at the moment. The only thing I worry about is that little man going across the middle and getting leveled by a LBer or Safety. If we can set him up on quick screens or use him like the Chiefs are using McCluster and Charles, it might not be a bad idea.

Those two are making the Chiefs really dangerous right now. They can take it in for a long score at any time. Galloway can't, but in his defense it is hard to run 100 yards when you need a walker.

The Eagles are doing well with Macklin and Jackson. They aren't a whole lot bigger are they? I guess what excites me is his speed. Whether he is thrown to or not, his speed will require extra attention on any deep route.
Besides that there are some young players on the roster. The youth movment can start anytime now as far as I'm concerned. I'm in favor of benching Buchanon and Rogers at cb. Play that kid Barnes and whomever else that can step in.
I'd rather lose with our younger players and know they were given the opportunity then to play out the season with players that were given numerous chances to contribute and didn't.
If Barnes isn't ready at this point...they need to release him. the Skins took him in the second round I think...maybe the third. Banks has shown he has the burst and speed to require possible double teams.

Very excited about Banks. Would love to see some WR screens followed by some slip screens run for him. End arounds would work as well. Plus, with his speed, if McNabb can hit him on a couple of long plays, safeties are going to have to stop crowding the LOS which will open up the running game.

I'm also in favor of bringing Austin off the PS as well. What do we have to lose? That he might not be as productive as Galloway or Williams? 4WR set with Moss in the slot, Banks and Armstrong on the outside and Austin running the post? I think that could work. Yeah, they would probably run a few routes wrong and end some drives a little early, but I don't see the playoffs being a reasonable goal right now, so what do we have to lose.

I guess i echo what Cycleans said, play the young guys! Let's see what we have going into FA and the draft.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I read this earlier. Anything is better than Galloway at the moment. The only thing I worry about is that little man going across the middle and getting leveled by a LBer or Safety.
Agreed.

I'd honestly rather see Terence Austin (who, according to reports, was turning heads with his play in the preseason) elevated to the active squad and Galloway let go.

Banks is too valuable as a return man to risk injury as a WR.

Agreed.

I'd honestly rather see Terence Austin (who, according to reports, was turning heads with his play in the preseason) elevated to the active squad and Galloway let go.

Banks is too valuable as a return man to risk injury as a WR.

And this is one of the questions I have about our coaching staff. Why would they be so quick to let go of Johnson and Parker at the RB position in favor of the youth they put on the Practice Squad and 3rd string at the onset of the season, yet they refuse to bring up a younger receiver in favor of Galloway and/or Williams.

I saw Austin throughout the pre-season make contributions. To be honest, I was surprised he did not make the final 53 after his performance in the pre-season. Now as the season progresses and it is obvious to us fans that Roydell Williams and Joey Galloway are not cutting it, why not bring Austin up?

And I agree, Banks is too valuable at his current role to be utilized too often in the offense.

randle el was horrible at PR and Banks is awesome. i think its a legit concern.
Why don't we just elevate Terrence Austin to the active roster, already?!?

I'd much rather have him at WR and keep Banks on PR/KR duties.

Why don't we just elevate Terrence Austin to the active roster, already?!?

I'd much rather have him at WR and keep Banks on PR/KR duties.

Yes. I read somewhere either here or on Twitter today or yesterday (man, that Ginko Biloba is working great!) that Galloway was benched Monday night for not running good routes, because that led to one of the INTs.

So why not try the young guys? Seriously? Why not? Galloway gave up on a route and we turned the ball over. The noobs are gonna do worse? At least their mistakes can be attributed to rookie mistakes or young players. I can live with that. Tired of seeing Galloway out there if he doesn't care enough to run the right route.

Put in the guys who will try!

Yes. I read somewhere either here or on Twitter today or yesterday (man, that Ginko Biloba is working great!) that Galloway was benched Monday night for not running good routes, because that led to one of the INTs.

So why not try the young guys? Seriously? Why not? Galloway gave up on a route and we turned the ball over. The noobs are gonna do worse? At least their mistakes can be attributed to rookie mistakes or young players. I can live with that. Tired of seeing Galloway out there if he doesn't care enough to run the right route.

Put in the guys who will try!
I see very little upside to keeping guys like Galloway (who is average at this point in his career, AT BEST) and Roydell (who doesn't have but 3 catches, if that) in the lineup.

Let's give the young guys some experience since we will most likely be relying on them in the near future. I don't think either of those other options gives us the best chance to compete and, even if they did, we are missing so many other pieces at this point that it's unlikely it makes a difference.

I wish we had a "like" button on here because I have nothing really to add but I like bird's post and would like to acknowledge that.

There is always the "Blog It" option, Mike.

Pretty good catch over the middle.

That was a heckuva play, saved our bacon in that game. In fairness, Galloway made some nice plays as well, though I had hoped to get Banks out there a little more.

honestly though his return game lacked any burst or create any spark really. one good return and that was about it. so im still not sure i am off base.

Mike, I think the knee being scoped just 3 weeks ago has had a huge impact on his burst. It does appear he has lost a step. Look for that burst to come back as his knee gets more time to heal.

Wasn't his catch a critical 3rd down conversion? The catch was one thing, but it was his ability to escape a big hit that impressed me on that play. He seems adept at feeling the pressure and eluding the big hit.

It was a solid catch, one that made me think, wait a minute dudes 155, he has ginormous cajones. The next thought was, lets not send him over the middle alot because quite frankly eventually it won't end well for him. The deep fade and skinny post is where I want to see Banks, or across the middle but 20 yards deep past the linebacker in the soft spot if the teams playing cover 2. Kids got talent, but you still have to be weary of his size for punishment.

Wasn't his catch a critical 3rd down conversion? The catch was one thing, but it was his ability to escape a big hit that impressed me on that play. He seems adept at feeling the pressure and eluding the big hit.

When you're his size, El, that may just be a survival tactic that eventually becomes automatic. lol.

I loved that catch-the still shot of that is probably the image I'll retain the longest from that game. Kid's definitely not afraid to go for it.

Kids got talent, but you still have to be weary of his size for punishment.

I keep thinking the same thing, however, guys like Sproles (although he is bigger) manage to stay healthy. We will see, definitely pulling for him.

One thing that is bothering me about the kicking game is the constant run up the sidelines. We never go up the middle of the field and it is predictable. It is driving me insane.

It was a solid catch, one that made me think, wait a minute dudes 155, he has ginormous cajones. The next thought was, lets not send him over the middle alot because quite frankly eventually it won't end well for him. The deep fade and skinny post is where I want to see Banks, or across the middle but 20 yards deep past the linebacker in the soft spot if the teams playing cover 2. Kids got talent, but you still have to be weary of his size for punishment.

just what the team needs: a mini me target for DM's laser like accuracy!

I don't think so. we have enough wideouts who are limited in what they can do.

spot player only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.