• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Banks to get more time at Wr

just what the team needs: a mini me target for DM's laser like accuracy!

I don't think so. we have enough wideouts who are limited in what they can do.

spot player only.

Nah, now you're letting your love of height blind you. Banks could be an effective wideout on deep routes. McNabb does throw a pretty deep ball, and if he connects on a couple of those, the safeties will have to remember that when Banks is in the game. He's not gonna catch 10 balls a game or anything, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him catch 2-4 if the staff decides to use him.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Nah, now you're letting your love of height blind you. Banks could be an effective wideout on deep routes.

that's what I meant by spot player. I don't see him even as a 3rd or 4th.

Look at Mike Wallace of Pitt, only catches 3 passes a week, but has the highest YPC in the NFL. But is on the field almost every play. Not saying Banks has that potential, but he could be valuable. He could be a 3rd WR, IMO.

Look at Mike Wallace of Pitt, only catches 3 passes a week, but has the highest YPC in the NFL. But is on the field almost every play. Not saying Banks has that potential, but he could be valuable. He could be a 3rd WR, IMO.

1) My argument hasn't been about height. It has been about size: height + bulk/strength + ability. people keep reducing my argument to strawmen rebuttals.

- had to get that off my chest

2) what the heck. I don't care for any of our receivers. we'll never get to a SB with this crew. but...we have to fix the lines first.....then we can get around to undoing the damage in the wideout corps of years of horrific roster management

I agree we need WR help long-term (ie after 2010).

BUT, we could use Banks AND Terrence Austin off the PS at WR.

Roydell Williams is as invisible as a ghost. Can you miss what you never had?

As far as Galloway goes, well of what good is a 39 year old player on a team that is 5-5 and is prepped for 10-15 plays a game?

Might as well give those reps to guys who MAY have a FUTURE in the NFL.

Galloway is all past.

btw.....can someone who pays closer attention than me pls explain why this coaching staff has gottten so little out of a bona fide talent like Fred Davis?

Even if Banks was used for 5-10 plays at wr in the game I believe he would make an significant impact. Even as a decoy for 50% of the time wouldn't he draw double coverage? If he didn't draw double coverage he'd have to be wide open a few times IMHO.

Even if Banks was used for 5-10 plays at wr in the game I believe he would make an significant impact. Even as a decoy for 50% of the time wouldn't he draw double coverage? If he didn't draw double coverage he'd have to be wide open a few times IMHO.

no way he draws double coverage! that's really saying the other receivers are so bad a part time recevier is the biggest threat! if he is any threat defenses will just roll a safety over the top in zone coverages. you already know he isn't going over the middle and you know he is not a blocking threat. he can be used on quick slants and deep routes as you say. IMO....we should use him in these roles...but only because we don't have much threat from the other guys. but longer term?

as for significant impact...only one way to find out!

no way he draws double coverage! that's really saying the other receivers are so bad a part time recevier is the biggest threat! if he is any threat defenses will just roll a safety over the top in zone coverages. you already know he isn't going over the middle and you know he is not a blocking threat. he can be used on quick slants and deep routes as you say. IMO....we should use him in these roles...but only because we don't have much threat from the other guys. but longer term?

as for significant impact...only one way to find out!
Probably an incorrect term for "double coverage" ...but if a corner is in man coverage and a safety rolls over the top in zone that would give the desired effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.