• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Avengers Trailer is Up

Joss will be back! As I've said, I'm all in for him, think he is one of the best writer/directors out there. Great news as far as I'm concerned.

Joss Whedon has signed to write and direct "The Avengers 2," Disney Chairman Bob Iger said Tuesday.

In addition, Whedon will create a "Marvel-based" series for ABC, Iger said during a conference call with analysts.

Whedon wrote and slid behind the camera on "The Avengers," which Iger called a "phenomenal success" during the call. The adaptation of the Marvel Comics series has grossed nearly $1.5 billion worldwide.

Whedon's script and direction were praised by critics and fans for their light and often humorous touch.

Thanks largely to "The Avengers," the income at Disney's studio unit jumped to $313 million from $49 million a year earlier, during its most recent fiscal quarter. Overall, net income across all of Disney's divisions jumped 24 percent to $1.8 billion for the period.

Since purchasing Marvel for $4 billion three years ago, Disney has leaned heavily on the comic book maker as one of the pillar's of its business, believing that the films it makes with its library of heroes will drive not just box office, but also revenue from theme park rides and toys.

Its upcoming film slate is peppered with films featuring the various characters from "The Avengers." Due out in 2013 are "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World." The next year will bring "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," and "Guardians of the Galaxy," a new super-group film.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/joss-whedon-signed-direct-write-avengers-2-51101

Just saw 'The Avengers' on pay per view (missed it in the theater). I enjoyed it, but I guess I'm not the nerd some of you are as it didn't make me 'giddy'. I think they need to unleash the power of Scarlett's chest - she looked positively 'bound' :(

Best scene in the movie? Hulk thrashing Loki towards the end...

Captain America was my all time favorite superhero as a kid, followed closely by 'The Flash'. He always had the coolest costume. This movie just reinforced that - maybe it's his Marine mentality, dunno.

You bunch of nerds!

do you wear your hair covering one eye and listen to a lot of The Cure and Depeche Mode? "I am human and I need to be loooooved"

Ha! If I could grow enough to get over my eyes...that would be one helluva comb over! :gorgeous:

Went out and bought the BluRay playeR for this movie today. Effing awesome. I actually teared up a little during the NY fight scene, I thought they got the comic book spirit just right. Just loads and loads of fun, great nostalgia for me.

I enjoyed the movie, I thought the character development was excellent along the way. I'm looking forward to see how they expand the franchise.

On a side note: When the hell is DC gonna get it together and get a Justice League done? I know the rebooting of Superman was integral after that awful turd that was last pushed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.