• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Audio-book-philes

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Brother Om turned me on to 'Audible' about 6 months ago, and whenever I am driving any significant distance I use it. It's really great particularly considering they routinely give you credits so it's quite possible to find great books to listen to and never pay a dime. On the way up north this past weekend, I listened to a really tense one...'American Predator' about little known but very recently identified serial killer Israel Keyes. Very gripping story - I almost hated to arrive at my destination.

Anyway - it occurred to me that we probably didn't have a thread on audiobooks.

Now we do. Recommend 'American Predator' if anyone is fascinated with serial killers as I am. Worth a risten (my word) even if you aren't.

What does the $15 a month get you?

I think I’m still on the free trial but I’d have to look to answer that one...

I like to read. I use reading to relax, unplug, etc and I enjoy the physical process very much. I have thought about audio books but can’t think of an occasion that I would utilize them other than when behind the wheel.

That said, $30 for an audio book vs $16 for a new hardcover is something that I would have a hard time rationalizing.

I think I've bought 1 book total so far - because you earn points just for signing up and I've used those to download a number of them. I sometimes listen before I go to bed, but 99% of my use is on road trips. I actually look forward to getting in the car :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.