Audio-book-philes

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Brother Om turned me on to 'Audible' about 6 months ago, and whenever I am driving any significant distance I use it. It's really great particularly considering they routinely give you credits so it's quite possible to find great books to listen to and never pay a dime. On the way up north this past weekend, I listened to a really tense one...'American Predator' about little known but very recently identified serial killer Israel Keyes. Very gripping story - I almost hated to arrive at my destination.

Anyway - it occurred to me that we probably didn't have a thread on audiobooks.

Now we do. Recommend 'American Predator' if anyone is fascinated with serial killers as I am. Worth a risten (my word) even if you aren't.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I think I’m still on the free trial but I’d have to look to answer that one...

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I like to read. I use reading to relax, unplug, etc and I enjoy the physical process very much. I have thought about audio books but can’t think of an occasion that I would utilize them other than when behind the wheel.

That said, $30 for an audio book vs $16 for a new hardcover is something that I would have a hard time rationalizing.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I think I've bought 1 book total so far - because you earn points just for signing up and I've used those to download a number of them. I sometimes listen before I go to bed, but 99% of my use is on road trips. I actually look forward to getting in the car :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0