• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Assume the worst - Clean house or stay the course?

If Washington fails to make the playoffs, should we clean house and start over?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Not 'clean house' but make some changes (comment please)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
The fact we can't even beat the vagiants in our own division is plenty of proof for me to blow it up.

Rivera won't get any other offers as HC for a while. Maybe he can be DC or linebacker coach again, but his track record is pretty bad now.

The fact we can't even beat the vagiants in our own division is plenty of proof for me to blow it up.

Rivera won't get any other offers as HC for a while. Maybe he can be DC or linebacker coach again, but his track record is pretty bad now.
Considering Washington's Snyder Era history and the league wide perception of the team, I'd say Ron's rep has only been enhanced during his stay here.

Maybe, but teams looking for head coaches usually aren't doing good at all.

Rivera is 60... I assume this is his last 'hands on' coaching job. My gut tells me he moves to the Front Office side of things after he leaves here (if he stays in football). In fact, I wouldn't completely rule out his option to stay on here under the new owner but shift out of Football Ops. He likely is perfect for the "Doug Williams" role.... He would decrease his work demand exponentially, but still be involved in football.

Believe it or not, I changed mine to "No" because I want this team to bottom out completely in hopes of finding a franchise QB in the draft next year. With Rivera likely on track to finish the year 0-4-1, that move might arguably give us the best chance to achieve this.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, Boone, you might be on to something with the blow it up line of thinking. Look no further than what the Lions, Jags, and Giants did today. In must win games, they each took care of business and dismantled their opponents, who like the Browns, were out of the playoff picture. Instead, Rivera's crew in what feels like the 100th time, comes out in a big game and falls flat on their faces. You would think that three years into it, we know how to respond in the exact setting we were placed in today.

Rivera had a chance to bring in Heinicke at the half. He ultimately hitched his wagon to his big free agent signing. I believe that dooms him. Provided we get a new owner in time enough to establish a proper organizational structure.

Stick a fork in him. Shoot 'em and put 'em out of their misery. Three games in a row with the playoffs in their control and they basically fold four times. Worse, we now have seen Wentz play in the Heinicke offence and it is worse.

Get a new owner, set the dynamite, string out the fuse, and let the fans push down on the plunger.

Last edited:
Rivera didn't know we could be eliminated this week?

Bye. Bye fucking bye

Rivera didn't know we could be eliminated this week?

Bye. Bye fucking bye
He should be playing every week like he could be eliminated no matter what. Where's that playoff intensity. The team should be building not idling or playing it safe figuring they have another shot.

He kind of came off like he didn't care one way or the other if they were eliminated to me.

And that's just as bad.

In the end, I love bgo.

Tuddy can go F a cactus

I love this team

Maybe there's been some news about the new owner leaking internally and Ron knows he's dead man walking. Even so, be a professional and fight like hell. Go out making it clear you gave it your all.

He still has two years guaranteed if he's fired,why would he care

Just your average Washington Football season!

Nothing to see here...move along......

“In a strong organization”.

Whelp 😬

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.