• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Around the NFL - Free Agency / Transaction / Injury thread

I figured he would've been signed by now, not for the type of money he was making here but he's more than serviceable. I wonder if it has to do with passing a physical, he's been beat up over the years.

I'm wondering if he had issues with his physical.

not good for a guy a lot of us (myself included) were high on coming into the draft

young and dumb or arrogant?

Too soon to tell.

76 in a 35 isn't an "oops" ... if you're sober, it kinda looks like "I don't give a shit." That's bad, given the new-Mercedes-I-got-paid vibe.

If you're NOT sober, it's a whole 'nother level of "uh oh."

Regardless, what he does with it now--own it? make excuses?--is what will matter most. He can turn it into a life-changing course-correction teachable moment, or he can not give a shit and risk tossing his winning life lottery ticket casually out in the trash.

Heck, even to this day, if you get me in a sports car and a straight stretch I can't promise you I won't do any different.

In a 35 mph zone though Mike? I mean, that's the equivalent of 130 on a highway :)

It was at 10am in the morning. Nothing to indicate a DUI so I'd assume it was just poor judgment. If he was 'impaired' at 10 am in the morning, that's not good. He looks ****ed up in the mugshot, but then again, so do I in the morning. And there may have been more than speed involved (in terms of the recklessness aspect). Sounds like he was driving erratically/dangerously beyond just exceeding the speed limit.

Not to make too much of it as Mark discussed, but the 'judgment' aspect of evaluating players is so important. It's never just about the physical skills.

Last edited:
Reckless driving isn't drunk driving or beating your GF.

He is a young kid who probably got too excited and got a led foot. I am not saying it is OK, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

They could have found a gun, drugs, he could have been drunk.

Charges against Derrius Guice for domestic abuse have been dropped

I hit 70 in a 35 when I was his age, i guarantee it,

That said, it was dumb when I did it too.

Reckless driving isn't drunk driving or beating your GF.

He is a young kid who probably got too excited and got a led foot. I am not saying it is OK, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

They could have found a gun, drugs, he could have been drunk.

Yeah, it’s not like they found an Uzi in the car.

Oh, wait…

I would have to imagine we've all done something equally stupid at that age.... I agree. I'd still rather not have that be the first thing of note my new team is hearing about. As far as if it's just a 22 year old doing 22 year old things, guess we'll see.

That does suck !! I find myself rooting a little more and more each year for the Rams simply for my bro crush on mcVay🤔😂... add him obviously to the long list of successful coaches to have left. I just loved that his offense was always innovative and a step ahead of whatever defense was in front of him that week .. I don’t know for me that stung

Rodgers decides to show up to camp, and based off what I've read looks like he's going to get his wish just a year later to get out of GB. Good on GB doing something but the amount of leverage players are getting nowadays could cause some interesting situations in the future. What's the over/under Elway is already waiting for next off-season to swing a deal. Then again would GB then play hardball on offers forcing another standoff?

When is it time to start to worry a little more about Curtis Samuels “minor “ groin injury .. hasn’t really did anything since early July

Yeah, it is concerning mostly because groins, like hammies, tend to take a long time to fully heal and it usually requires taking a break (ie... tough to 'play through' those types of injuries). I guess the good news is, we are pretty stocked at WR compared to a year ago. So it is probably best they sit him until he is truly 100%.

Having Humphries hold dow the slot is huge ... I’m mostly excited to see Harmon although I haven’t heard anything on him of late I’ve read he’s having a great camp

I think Harmon is also struggling with an injury - at least I believe I heard that? Wasn't in pads (like Sammis Reyes) for the last couple of practices. Hopefully he is just banged up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.