• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Around the NFL - Free Agency / Transaction / Injury thread

Paul Richardson has reportedly signed with the Seattle Seahawks.

Eagles have had a Redskins-like run of injuries already and we aren't even in live action yet.

Leonard Fournette was just cut by the Jags.

he was so up and down with his performance. one week he would stiff arm people to the moon, next 3 weeks he would be "injured".

I know there's an argument to be made that Fournette would immediately be our top RB, but I want to go with the guys we have drafted. If they were to bring him in, it would be AP that I'd prefer they move on from. I love AP, but he can't keep it going for much longer. Fournette is only 25, but he has had injury issues, and probably more importantly, his attitude is suspect. I don't see that being a good fit on a Rivera team.

You would to move on from AP?

Guy almost got 1K yards last year even with that run hating coach we had (who shall not be named), and being benched a game for no reason at all. I say we run AD until the wheels fall off. He's broke, he wants the record, and hes cheap!

IF we signed Fournette, someone has to go. AP is the obvious choice. It's not about 'this minute' - it's about the next 4-5 years. I've already said, I wouldn't sign Fournette.

IMO I think AP is around for 4-5 more years.

That's a pretty bold prediction. He's more than a decade older than the other RBs. If you sign Fournette, someone gets released. Who is that going to be if not AP?

In a situation like this:

Peyton Barber
JD McKissic

his stats are good enough to allow him to stay. if he is averaging almost 1000 yards per season that is what we need. He is still top 20 in 2019 and top 10 in 2018.

Put me firmly in the camp of 'no thanks' regarding Fournette. He's goin to want money that I don't think we 'need' to spend right now. He's not going to put us over the top for 2020, so lets see what we have on the current roster that we can utilize goin forward. NFL teams draft RBs every year that impress, and while Fournette is very talented, he doesn't scream 'must have' to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.