• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Anyone watching the Wizards?

Man, hope the refs start giving them some calls in the 4th... That last non call was ridiculous.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

A couple terrible calls, and here comes the meltdown. Damn, I thought they had it for a second...

Yep. Wall hurt them pretty badly down the stretch with some bad decisions and out of control play too. Nice unexpected run though...

yeah, I said that before. Wall just seems to get out of control when he should be calming everyone down and running the show.

I like Gortat though..I like that his dad is a boxer, too.

It was a good run indeed. Taking two from the Pacers was not expected and making the playoffs was not expected either. Need a good draft and FA. In a weak east, the right moves could propel this team to the top.

Great season for the Wiz. They really played with a lot of heart, and they should be proud.

They were a fun team to watch during the playoffs.

For those that watch them closely, is the GM what's holding them back? Is it the coach? What's the deal, and will the people responsible for guys like Otto Porter and Jan be held accountable, or will they stay in place?

Bad calls, the refs were awful. Combine that with the atrocious shooting and lack of energy and you get the loss. Was a hell of a season.

The Verizon center was empty and that's because the ticket prices went through the roof. there is a max price for tickets even in the playoffs in DC and we saw it last night.

Ok. After listening to the announcers last night, reading twitter posts from local people (including media), listening to the radio this morning (local and national) i have two big complaints to get out there.

Dear people that just started watching the wizards in the last month and are:
a - being critical of the way the team played this series
b - voicing all their opinions on how to 'fix' the team

Go kick some rocks. Seriously. Where have you been? This team has been exciting to watch all season long and you're just now joining in the fun only to what? Shit all over them when the inevitable occurred? Shame on you.
I don't blame you for taking so long to join in watching the fun - the franchise has been atrocious for decades, why would you even bother until they've actually done something. That's fine. But your immediate turn to being hyper-critical know-it-all's about the franchise you didn't bother following through the whole season is just ridiculous. What this team did this year was exciting, fun, and unexpected. It may even turn into long term success, we'll see. But this, how this ended - this was expected. Their run was expected to come to an end, this is how they played all season: streaky. Getting into the second round was a major feat for this team at this time, in ever single measurement.
But go kick rocks. Seriously. You're the worst.

Dear people complaining about the verizon center that:
- Never go to any local sporting teams venues ever for any reason.
- Are media members and only go to events when they get free passes via connections or media credentials, and even then sometimes choose not to go

Majority of this is because I'm a ticket holder for the redskins and the same stuff happens to the redskins crowd.

It never ceases to amaze me how much input people have on stadium goers when they themselves never go to the stadium. Where were all you people when the tickets were 10$/seat for lower level mid court? That's right - not even watching the team on TV.

Where have you been all playoffs? The wizards have played multiple games at home, if you feel so inclined to opine on the home crowd then why don't you help fix it?

Ticket prices were OUTRAGEOUS. There were only two ways to get decent ticket prices. You either knew someone with season tickets that would sell them to you for face value, or you played the wait until 2 minutes after the game started and try to buy them on your phone while you stand outside as scalpers drop prices dramatically game. If you couldn't do one of those two, you were paying 100+$/seat for back row, upper level seats. You want to sit lower level? you're looking 250-400+.

It's not he fans fault the verizon center was empty for game 6 of the second round of the NBA playoffs. It's the damn team's fault for not doing more to control that. They enjoyed watching ticket prices go through the roof - and they're feigning any outrage over the empty seats.

You want to complain? Tickets are easily obtainable to every team in town for every game. Start buying your own tickets before you start criticizing everyone else. Otherwise shut it. Quit criticizing everyone else for not being willing to spend their money when you never put your own out there.

There. Sorry. End rant.

Great season for the Wiz. They really played with a lot of heart, and they should be proud.

They were a fun team to watch during the playoffs.

For those that watch them closely, is the GM what's holding them back? Is it the coach? What's the deal, and will the people responsible for guys like Otto Porter and Jan be held accountable, or will they stay in place?

As far as what's holding them back... I'm not an NBA guy, but based on what I think and what I've heard others say....

This team was streaky all season. They'd go on runs where they played like game 1 or 5 in this series, then they'd go on runs where they played like game 4... They struggled for a while just to get over .500 in the regular season, and that's bad.

What put them where they were was they got hot at the right time and stayed hot. The question all along was - When will the hot streak end? Well, it ended game 2 of this series. Game 5 game some potential promise, but obviously the overwhelming trend was that the hot streak had come to an end.

Is that the coach's fault? are they not being put up to the task prior to the game the way they should be?

Is it the GM's fault? He constructed this team, did he bring in players with weak mental ability to be consistently good? We know he's brought in injury-riddle people and part of the success of this season rides on the lack of injuries that had become a norm.

Is it the players fault? Do they need more experience? Is it on them?

I don't know... but the root of the problem is the inconsistent play. It's impossible to tell whether this team's norm is Game 1 and Game 5 of this series and the problem is they need to get their heads straight to play like that consistently, or whether games 2 3 4 and 6 are what this team is and 1 and 5 were just over achievements that can't be relied on.

We'll know next year. The only sure thing is that they're missing a piece to be a championship contender - everyone watching can see that. Who that piece should be, when/how they should get him... who knows.

Grunfeld is safe for one more year.

I think Whitman is a hell of a coach and really really like him.

I think they're missing a piece.

Oh - one last thing.

If they were going to lose the series, I'm happy they lost the final game at home. They got the standing ovation from the good fans that stayed, and they deserved it.

I've never had to buy Caps playoff tickets for more than face bc I was a season ticket holder. I don't think they ever got that out of control, though.

However $250-400 is not that much for playoff tickets. I realize not everyone can afford that, but this was kind of a special occasion.

Also, as a long-suffering Skins fan, I reserve the right to shit on any DC team I want. Lol.

People like you are the worst.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I've been critical of Grunfeld for years now, he doesn't get a pass now because the blind squirrel found a nut. When he drafts another shitty European who never plays this year, I'll bash him again. There's a reason people don't watch the Wizards; they've been ****ing awful. Awful! But I'm sure you were attending 20 games a year, right? When tickets were $2 to get in the building, and it was pretty much a guaranteed loss? Were you a season ticket holder? No you weren't? Then what right do you have to tell anyone else who they can or can't criticize?

I think people like you are the worst, actually. That somehow because you've watched the team for a full season, you have the moral high ground. There are tons of Caps fans like you (hockey fans in general), who scoff at people who didn't suffer through the bad years. It's called bandwagon snobbery, and it's ultra annoying. We've discussed this before; DC as a whole is a bandwagon sports town, it's just how it is. I got more interested in the Caps when they drafted Ovechkin, so sue me. Big effin deal. At least I was a season ticket holder!

I've heard you actually take pleasure from the Caps' failures! At least the Wizards losing pisses me off.

I followed the Wiz pretty closely through the Jordan years and Agent Zero years, and watched as Ernie drafted them crappier and crappier. I saw him dismantle a pretty good team that was a crab dribble away from potentially winning the whole thing (the crab dribble really drove me away). I watched in person as Jordan, as a shell of his former self, turned the ball over in the final seconds to lose to Detroit in an already lost season. I saw Kwame flop around the court like a dog humping a football. I languished in pain, while Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton led the Pistons to eastern conference dominance.

So I stopped watching a terrible product for a while, but decided to enjoy a DC team doing well, and decide to offer criticism. Who cares? I've put my time in. And I've certainly paid my dues as a Skins fan, and suffered enough anguish for ten sports.

Don't even get me started on the Orioles, who I've STUCK with out of loyalty when the rest of DC left, thanks to an owner who is possibly worse than Snyder. God they've been terrible.

So no, I'm not "the worst." And in all honesty, you can take that criticism and shove it right where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

You guys really need to get laid.

When have you ever gotten laid?

I've laid lots of times.

Name one.

She lives in Canada. I met her at Niagara Falls.
You wouldn't know her.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I've been critical of Grunfeld for years now, he doesn't get a pass now because the blind squirrel found a nut. When he drafts another shitty European who never plays this year, I'll bash him again.
I'm not talking about the people that want Grunfeld gone. They have a point, and it's not what I'm complaining about at all. Grunfeld will likely be back due to this run, but that's more of a function of Leonsis than Grunfeld. I could care less either way, I'm not invested that way in the Wizards.

There's a reason people don't watch the Wizards; they've been ****ing awful. Awful! But I'm sure you were attending 20 games a year, right? When tickets were $2 to get in the building, and it was pretty much a guaranteed loss? Were you a season ticket holder? No you weren't? Then what right do you have to tell anyone else who they can or can't criticize?
I wasn't a season ticket holder, because I have tickets with the redskins. I can't afford both. I do go to wizards games when it's convenient. I also don't turn around and bash others for not going. I believe you missed the point.

When's the last time you held season tickets anywhere, or attended a game? Or for you do circumstances all the sudden apply

I think people like you are the worst, actually. That somehow because you've watched the team for a full season, you have the moral high ground. There are tons of Caps fans like you (hockey fans in general), who scoff at people who didn't suffer through the bad years. It's called bandwagon snobbery, and it's ultra annoying. We've discussed this before; DC as a whole is a bandwagon sports town, it's just how it is. I got more interested in the Caps when they drafted Ovechkin, so sue me. Big effin deal. At least I was a season ticket holder!

I've heard you actually take pleasure from the Caps' failures! At least the Wizards losing pisses me off.
I'm not claiming to be on any moral high ground. I've admitted, multiple times, that I'm a bandwagon fan when it comes to the other teams. The difference is I know my role and own it - I don't then turn around and shit on everyone's attempt to enjoy what was a spectacular season after not having paid attention at all. I don't join in when the team gets good then turn hyper-critical and mr-know-it-all on things related to the team or how they're doing.

And the caps, presently, are in a much different situation. If the wizards had years of failure when the team is supposed to be turned around like the caps had, then all the criticisms would be warranted. But they've finally got their act together and have something to build on, and people like you are just shitting all over everything.

And yes, the caps failing now does give me some pleasure. After years of hearing them crow about how stupid I am for following the redskins, and hearing their owner crow about how much smarter at the whole ownership thing he is than snyder, then watching them do what they've done over the last 6 years... yeah, i take pleasure in seeing those people suffer the way they have.

There's lots of caps fans that haven't done that. I feel bad for them - they deserve better than what they've gotten. I feel bad for the coaches and players that have had their reputations/careers side swiped over the last 6 years too.

And when the caps made the playoffs for the first time in the Ovi era - I was happy for them all. Very very happy for them. I certainly didn't jump on when the playoffs started, pretend to know everything, then criticize the team for losing a playoff game they didn't much business playing in to begin with.

I followed the Wiz pretty closely through the Jordan years and Agent Zero years, and watched as Ernie drafted them crappier and crappier. I saw him dismantle a pretty good team that was a crab dribble away from potentially winning the whole thing (the crab dribble really drove me away). I watched in person as Jordan, as a shell of his former self, turned the ball over in the final seconds to lose to Detroit in an already lost season. I saw Kwame flop around the court like a dog humping a football. I languished in pain, while Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton led the Pistons to eastern conference dominance.

So I stopped watching a terrible product for a while, but decided to enjoy a DC team doing well, and decide to offer criticism. Who cares? I've put my time in. And I've certainly paid my dues as a Skins fan, and suffered enough anguish for ten sports.

Don't even get me started on the Orioles, who I've STUCK with out of loyalty when the rest of DC left, thanks to an owner who is possibly worse than Snyder. God they've been terrible.

So no, I'm not "the worst." And in all honesty, you can take that criticism and shove it right where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

You are the worst. You don't seem to understand why.

You seem to feel your somehow entitled to shit on everyone's parade simply because the team has sucked in the past and you claim loyalty to the region.

You think you're entitled to shit all over it when you didn't even know Grunfeld was still GM.

I haven't actually heard much criticism from you on the board, I was originally referring to the people that have piped up as of last night about everything. You seem to have lumped yourself in with them, but that was your decision to do so not mine. So if you're not like those people, then so be it. But if you are then you're an awful 'fan.'

An owner showed up and was nice. I'm not nice. Take it to PM now guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.